aram22

What should i say in the interview

54 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

If they ask (unlikely, but not impossible) you tell the truth.

How long it takes to get the visa IF you are aproved depends in your country; 2 weeks is about average. However, considering your name and the way you write English, are you from a middle eastern country and/ or Muslim? If so, you will likely be put in AP (additional processing) after the interview for security checks, which can take several months.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

I married her in a church,

If they asked me did you married her ,What should i say?

I mean if both married is it lligal to get k1 visa?Or we should apply for another visa?

If you have an interview at the embassy next week you should already know what type of visa you applied for.. if you married her, it should be a CR1 visa.. K1 is for fiance only.

K1

23 Jan 2012: sent I-129F

01 Feb 2012: received hard copy NOA1

28 June 2012: NOA2

18 July 2012: LND case number

25 July 2012: sent packet 3 docs

28 July 2012: Packet 3 received

30 July 2012: medical done

09 Aug 2012: Packet 4 received

14 Aug 2012 8am: interview: APPROVED!

20 Aug 2012: VISA received!!

06 Oct 2012: POE in Anchorage (AK)

10 Nov 2012: Wedding in California

AOS

Jan 03, 2013: package sent to Chicago!

Jan 10, 2013: email/text notification of receipt of all 3!

Jan 19, 2013: biometric letter received

Jan 30, 2013: biometric appointment at 12pm

Mar 06, 2013: EAD/AP card in production

Mar 12, 2013: received interview appointment letter

Mar 15, 2013: EAD/AP combo card received!

Mar 21, 2013: Interview in Anchorage..APPROVED!

Filed: Timeline

Tell them the truth. If they ask if you had sex, then yes is the answer.

If you're married, you cannot get a K-1 visa. K-1 is for fiances only. If you are already married, and you applied for a K-1 visa, I'm sorry but you need to start over again. It doesn't matter if you married in a church, mosque, cruise ship or city hall. If you're married, you're married and CR-1 is the only appropriate visa. (IR-1 if you've been married over 2 years. K-3 doesn't exist anymore)

It is illegal to get a K-1 visa if you are married. If you lie to them about the wedding, get a K-1, and it is later discovered that you were married when you got the K-1, you can and most likely will be deported, even after you get to the US.

It sucks, but in your situation you should probably look into canceling the K-1 and have your wife file for an I-130 petition and apply for a CR-1 visa. It will take longer, but you will have done it legally.

Edited by jaejayC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Yes if you are married a K1 visa will be denied because it is for fiancees, to get married in the USA. If you are legally married in your country, she must petition for a CR-1 spousal visa for you, which will take a month or two more than a K1. Withdraw the K1 now, because otherwise they may accuse you of missrepresentation and ban you from ever coming to the USA.

Edited by Penguin_ie

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I married her in a church,

If they asked me did you married her ,What should i say?

I mean if both married is it lligal to get k1 visa?Or we should apply for another visa?

Ok, first of all, like others say, you can't even apply for a K-1 visa if you're married. The visa that applies to both of you is a spouse visa.

Second, are you even communicating with your girlfriend? I am concerned that you don't even know what type of visa applies to you. You should know what to bring to your interview, what type of visa you applied for and why, and all of the instructions. Also, you should know that any lies may result in a ban for misrepresentation. You should bring pictures of both of you together, so they can see that you're in a bonafide relationship. If your girlfriend submitted pictures of the church wedding, more than likely they already suspect you're married. So do not lie.

Ask your partner to examine all the documents submitted and research what will happen at the interview. I'm with the others: register your church wedding, if you haven't done so and get a marriage certificate. Then apply for a spouse visa.

Good luck!

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Ok cool so she's your girlfriend, you are engaged and married at the same time...

You also have an interview (what for?) but you didn't apply for a visa yet?

Sorry but that's how I read this nonsense...

So did I, I'm totally confused blink.gif.. the only thing that's clear is that they've... you know.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

are fiance(Engaged) do sex?

Yes, and people who are not engaged do it too. Bu the question here is... Did you marry her? Where are you from? Could you please complete your profile? It will help us, help you good.gif

Oh and one more thing... What interview are you talking about? Do you have an interview set up already?

Edited by Celeste & C

So did I, I'm totally confused blink.gif.. the only thing that's clear is that they've... you know.

haha that's not clear either... maybe he means kissing as sex.. like he mistakes wife with fiance and girlfriend

Our (K1) Journey

01-17-2012: I 129F sent

01-24-2012: NOA1 date! => Vermont Service Centre

08-02-2012: NOA2 (195 days!!!)

09-24-2012: interview - Approved!

09-26-2012: visaarrow-10x10.png issued

09-28-2012: visa received by a registeredarrow-10x10.png post

11-01-2012: POE Dublin

11-17-2012: wedding

AOS Journey

11-23-2012: AOS package sent

11-27-2912: package received and signed for at the Chicago office

11-29-2012: case numbers assigned

12-03-2012: Biometrics letter sent to the old addressarrow-10x10.png (never received)

12-10-2012: NOA1 hardcopy for I 765 and I 131

12-15-2012: NOA1 hardcopy for I 485

12-28-2012: biometrics (missed)

01-17-2013: newarrow-10x10.png biometric date

01-25-2013: EAD approval

01-30-2013: EAD production

01-31-2013: EAD mailed

02-02-2013: EAD received

My ROC Journey:

03-20-2015: I751 package sent

03-23-2015: NOA1

03-25-2015: check cashedarrow-10x10.png

07-31-2015: Biometrics ( Biometrics letter sent to the old address never received, missed it on 07/06 and had to have it rescheduled after many phone calls and service requests)

09-07-2015: Card in Production email.

09-09-2015: Card mailed

09-11-2015: Card delivered

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.