Jamie and Shirley

O...M....G....

47 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

So I get a notification today from USCIS that the State Department has sent back our petition for review! So I called the NVC and they said it was sent back because there was a section of the I129F that wasn't filled out. I said "What??". My attorney and I both looked over that form. I called my attorney and he said "I'm looking at it right now and everything is filled out as it should be. Nothing is missing. The only thing missing is the area where you have to put in the characters that used if the country doesn't use English lettering. Since Malaysia uses English lettering characters, that is obviously not the problem. I have no idea what is going on."

I just want to roll over and cry. My fiance' is expecting our child and we were planning for her to be here in March. Delays over stupidness is disheartening.

Anyone else ever deal with this?

:bonk:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

You aren't even supposed to put anything there if the language uses English characters. I thinking somebody goofed something up. Seems as though it was sent back for nothing and it will have wasted more of the time for nothing. I assure you that there is nothing else on the form that can be filled out.

:wacko:

Edited by Jamie and Shirley

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

It might not be something YOU didn't fill in, it could be part that USCIS forget to fill in (you know that info on the sides and bottom that are for USCIS only?).

these is what im scared of after 5 plus months of waiting i will receive something like that its much better if they can notify us ahead of time lol

All I know, is that I need you... I need you in my life as much as I need food or water or air to breathe - for the longest time, I've had this thirst deep inside... only to be known and understood and be loved for who I am. I have longed for someone, someone like you - to share my life with... all the ups and downs and everything in between. then out of no where - you walked into my life, quenching my thirst, satisfying my longing. and I know from every thing with in - that you are the one... you're the one I've been waiting for all this time. I want and I need you - more than I can usually find words to say... But today and always - please believe and know that you're the one for me and I'll hold you close and I'll never want to let you go...

June 2010: Met online via dating site

Oct.25,2010: He came here to meet me and my family and proposed in a lunch organized by my sister and me of course!

Nov.6, 2010: He went back to US

April 26, 2011: Came back for our wedding

May 17, 2011: The big day!!! We finally exchanged "I DO's"

Aug. 8, 2011: Sent complete Package of I-130

Aug. 26,2011: NOA1 (it was a very stressful long wait!)

March 1, 2012: NOA2 the moment we've been waiting finally here!!!

March 20, 2012: I called NVC got our MNL case# and IIN and sent my DS3032 via email

March 22, 2012: Received 2 Emails from NVC PAOSF I-130 and ACL

March 24, 2012: AOS paid online

March 27, 2012: AOS PAYMENT ACCEPTED

april 04, 2012: AOS PACKAGE ON ITS WAY TO NVC

April 04, 2012: IV bill paid

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

It might not be something YOU didn't fill in, it could be part that USCIS forget to fill in (you know that info on the sides and bottom that are for USCIS only?).

I agree, it is the USCIS job to check for silly mistakes like that. I think the NVC sent it back because the USCIS forgot to fill something.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

:thumbs:

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

It will be interesting to hear or see what they say especially since you used an attorney. Ours got us a RFE on our K1, when you do your AOS don't use an attorney.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

wait a second!!!!?? :angry:

You got an NOA2 approval and NOW the NVC is sending it back to USCIS because you did not put "N/A" for foreign language??????????????????????

:crying:

Stop.

He got an NOA2

The petition was denied and sent back due to some error in the I-129f, or so they said to him. We do not KNOW why and we will not know why until USCIS reviews it and issues a decision.

The OP is jumping to coclusions without solid information.

YES a consulate can return a petition for errors even after an NOA2

You aren't even supposed to put anything there if the language uses English characters. I thinking somebody goofed something up. Seems as though it was sent back for nothing and it will have wasted more of the time for nothing. I assure you that there is nothing else on the form that can be filled out.

:wacko:

I think you are making a conclusion with no information.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Stop.

He got an NOA2

The petition was denied and sent back due to some error in the I-129f, or so they said to him. We do not KNOW why and we will not know why until USCIS reviews it and issues a decision.

The OP is jumping to coclusions without solid information.

YES a consulate can return a petition for errors even after an NOA2

I think you are making a conclusion with no information.

But how often does this happen? I just got approved (NOA2) and now I am worried the NVC might do that :unsure: I thought the NVC was teh easy stage!

Timeline

But how often does this happen? I just got approved (NOA2) and now I am worried the NVC might do that :unsure: I thought the NVC was teh easy stage!

Not often. NVC is not a "stage" at all. It is a processing hub for the Department of State and it is PART of the consulate stage.

Petitions can also be sent back from the consulate, even after a visa is approved and in one case here the visa was issued and the beneficiary was told to come back and the visa was taken away! There was also a case where a person was tunred away at the point of entry due to erros in the processing of the visa. All of these are rare and nothing to worry about really. You are far more likely to be killed in a car accident driving to the airport

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Not often. NVC is not a "stage" at all. It is a processing hub for the Department of State and it is PART of the consulate stage.

Petitions can also be sent back from the consulate, even after a visa is approved and in one case here the visa was issued and the beneficiary was told to come back and the visa was taken away! There was also a case where a person was tunred away at the point of entry due to erros in the processing of the visa. All of these are rare and nothing to worry about really. You are far more likely to be killed in a car accident driving to the airport

Thanks Gary...

I'm driving to the airport Friday to bring Fresy home...

K-1 JOURNEY

157 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO NOA-2

181 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO INTERVIEW

07/14/2011 - I-129F sent via FedEx to USCIS
07/15/2011 - Arrived at CSC, signed for by E. Jameson
07/15/2011 - NOA-1 (E-Mail)
07/19/2011 - NOA-1 (Hard Copy)
08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - NOA-2 (E-Mail)
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
12/23/2011 - NOA-2 (Hard Copy)
12/27/2011 - NVC Received
12/28/2011 - San Jose Embassy Case Number Assigned
12/29/2011 - NVC Sent Petition via DHL to Embassy
12/30/2011 - Embassy Received Petition, signed for by J. Rodriguez
01/04/2011 - Medical
01/09/2011 - Packet 3 Received
01/12/2011 - Embassy Interview - Approved
01/19/2011 - Visa Received
01/21/2012 - POE (Ft. Lauderdale, FL - USA)
01/23/2012 - SSA Issued Fresy's SSN
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Thanks Gary...

:lol:

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Timeline

Thanks Gary...

Drive Safe! Wear your seat belt. :P

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.