11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi, im busy getting documentation prepared ready for NOA2 and interview at London.

My problem is, looking at the I-134 form on the USCIS website, it expires on 31st May 2011.

How can we possibly prepare this form and give the time to mail from US petitioner to myself (UK beneficiary) in readyness for interview.... without it being out-dated?

Please :help:

event.png

LONDON CONSULATE AND VERMONT SERVICE CENTER

INTERVIEW DATE: 16th September 2011

♥-:¦:-·:*'""*♥:·.-:¦:-·** VISA APPROVED!!! ♥-:¦:-·:*'""*♥:·.-:¦:-·**

PASSPORT W/VISA RECEIVED: 21st September 2011

P.O.E: NEWARK, NJ ~ 26th September 2011

APPLIED FOR SS#: 17th October 2011

MARRIED: 25th October 2011

DISCOVERD PROBLEM WITH SS#: 23rd November 2011

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS, AP AND EAD PROCESS

MAILED AOS, EAD and AP: 23rd November 2011

2nd APPLICATION FOR SS#: 29th November 2011

3 HARD COPY RECEIPTS FOR AOS PACKAGE: 5th December 2011

BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT LETTER RECEIVED: 9th December 2011

SOCIAL SECURITY #CARD RECEIVED: 12th December 2011

NOTICE RECEIPT: AOS TRANSFERED TO CSC: 19th December 2011

ATTENDED BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT: 21st December 2011

APPLICATION TO CHANGE SS# SURNAME: 6th January 2012

TOLD BY SS THAT IM OUT OF STATUS, CANNOT CHANGE NAME ON SS# CARD: 24th January 2012

I would say for now, just make sure you get all your corresponding documents in line (e.g. tax transcripts). They should have a new form out shortly before or after 31st May, but based on a February NOA1 date, you won't quite be needing it yet. So start with tax transcripts... and then in a few weeks, get your employer letter, etc.

Hi, im busy getting documentation prepared ready for NOA2 and interview at London.

My problem is, looking at the I-134 form on the USCIS website, it expires on 31st May 2011.

How can we possibly prepare this form and give the time to mail from US petitioner to myself (UK beneficiary) in readyness for interview.... without it being out-dated?

K1 Journey
11/2006...... met for the first time on a night out in London!
11/25/07..... I moved to the UK on a work visa to be with him 🙂
02/27/09..... he proposed!
08/30/10..... sent I-129F
09/02/10..... NOA1
01/27/11..... NOA2 (147 DAYS from NOA1)
03/22/11..... INTERVIEW! (201 DAYS from NOA1) - APPROVED! --> Read the review here!
03/25/11..... visa received!!!
06/09/11..... POE LAX!! --> Read the review here!

AOS Journey
07/22/11.... SSN received
08/27/11.... our wonderful wedding!!
09/23/11.... sent AOS package
09/25/11.... AOS package delivered in Chicago (7:33 p.m.)
10/10/11.... AP rejection letter, refiled 10/17
10/11/11.... NOA1 received via text & email (AOS + EAD only)
10/15/11.... hard copies of NOA1 for AOS + EAD received (dated 10/7)
10/17/11.... refiled AP
10/18/11.... successful biometrics walk-in, Santa Ana, CA (appt for 11/1)
10/20/11.... NOA1 for AP
12/12/11.... call in to USCIS. Told to call back after 12/26.
12/23/11.... I-765 approved

02/1/12...... Interview
02/02/12.... Approved!
02/10/12.... Hubby's GC in hand!

ROC Journey

12/09/13.... sent I-751 to CSC

12/10/13.... package delivered / NOA1

12/12/13.... cheque cashed

01/06/14.... biometrics

04/18/14.... approval letter dated (received 4/22)

Naturalization Journey

09/29/22.... filed N-400 online

09/30/22... NOA/biometrics reuse

01/23/23... interview scheduled for 02/28 

02/28/23... successful interview + oath ceremony in Santa Ana, CA! so proud! certificate of naturalization received! --> Read the review here!

Timeline

Ok. Thank you :luv:

event.png

LONDON CONSULATE AND VERMONT SERVICE CENTER

INTERVIEW DATE: 16th September 2011

♥-:¦:-·:*'""*♥:·.-:¦:-·** VISA APPROVED!!! ♥-:¦:-·:*'""*♥:·.-:¦:-·**

PASSPORT W/VISA RECEIVED: 21st September 2011

P.O.E: NEWARK, NJ ~ 26th September 2011

APPLIED FOR SS#: 17th October 2011

MARRIED: 25th October 2011

DISCOVERD PROBLEM WITH SS#: 23rd November 2011

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS, AP AND EAD PROCESS

MAILED AOS, EAD and AP: 23rd November 2011

2nd APPLICATION FOR SS#: 29th November 2011

3 HARD COPY RECEIPTS FOR AOS PACKAGE: 5th December 2011

BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT LETTER RECEIVED: 9th December 2011

SOCIAL SECURITY #CARD RECEIVED: 12th December 2011

NOTICE RECEIPT: AOS TRANSFERED TO CSC: 19th December 2011

ATTENDED BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT: 21st December 2011

APPLICATION TO CHANGE SS# SURNAME: 6th January 2012

TOLD BY SS THAT IM OUT OF STATUS, CANNOT CHANGE NAME ON SS# CARD: 24th January 2012

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

This is a very good question indeed. How does it work with the others that just had their I-134 sent over to their fiancées ? This would be really good to know.

There has to be a small gap on where the embassy will still approve the older versions ?

Normally, they accept previous editions (The instructions page on the current form says: Edition Date :05/21/2010. Previous editions accepted.). It doesn't hurt to wait for the new version if you have time to. The proof-gathering is the most time-intensive part, so do that first.

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

The OMB number/date (in this case 1615-0014; Exp. 05/31/11) doesn't have the meaning you're thinking - the form's revision date (in this case 05/21/10, bottom/right of pages) is the date to keep an eye on and is the most recent revision date of the form.

Their website says which is the most recent revision date accepted and if previous revisions are accepted (which in this case, they are).

So the short answer is - the form you're looking at is the most recent and, if it were me, I'd go ahead and use it. :thumbs:

Forms don't really expire, but are sometimes relaced when needed. That date shows when the form must be review by the Office of Management and Budget (hence OMB date) for the Paperwork Reduction Act. The public has a 60 day period in which they can comment when the form is in review. They review the stated amount of time it takes to complete the form and if the form asks you for more information than is needed for the stated purpose of the form. Like if it asked your religion or hair color that would not be pertinent to a form agreeing to support an immigrant or visitor so the review would determine the form asked too much information from you. If all is well with the form, it isn't revised but it will get a new OMB date for when the next review is due.

Here's a document on this particular form http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2011-03-03/html/2011-4747.htm

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** Moving from K1 to US Embassies... forum as topics related to the I-134 should be posted there as per forum description *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello

This may be jumping topic but it dose deal with I-134.

The other day the Casablanca Consulate had a online conversation with people asking questions about the visa processes.

I will post the conversation below:

Salahtravel: (14:34)  With our K1 visa we need a affadivad of support. My fieancee can not proved this on her own do to work for a non profit. If her parents were to help sign this affadivid of support would it put her parents business at risk in any way?

Lydia, Consular Officer: (14:34) She actually doesn't need her parents to sign the Affidavit of Support. For K1 visas, the form required is the I-134 form (which you can get at www.uscis.gov). Unlike other immigrant visas, the I-134 form does not have a minimum income requirement. It's basically an affidavit saying she will support you. She needs to include last year's tax returns to show that she is paying taxes, but there's no income requirement for this form

kristen: (14:43) Also, if I hear correctly, the affadavit of support does NOT require that I make 100 or 125% of the poverty line at the consular level? As long as I have been paying taxes, that is sufficient? My parents have agreed to be co-sponsors, but it would save them a lot of hassle if they did not have to get all their documents/assets together to send over here.

Lydia, Consular Officer: (14:43) Exactly. There is no requirement that you meet the poverty income guidelines. Your parents do not need to be co-sponsors.

For some reason I feel like this isn't the right answer but we got it from CASA. Should I trust it.

Timeline

I would say get current I-134 filled in. I think they would accept that edition so long as you sent DS2001 confirming you have all documents. You can always get your fiancee to send a new one later.

Edited by Paul and Elizabet

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hello

This may be jumping topic but it dose deal with I-134.

The other day the Casablanca Consulate had a online conversation with people asking questions about the visa processes.

I will post the conversation below:

Salahtravel: (14:34) With our K1 visa we need a affadivad of support. My fieancee can not proved this on her own do to work for a non profit. If her parents were to help sign this affadivid of support would it put her parents business at risk in any way?

Lydia, Consular Officer: (14:34) She actually doesn't need her parents to sign the Affidavit of Support. For K1 visas, the form required is the I-134 form (which you can get at www.uscis.gov). Unlike other immigrant visas, the I-134 form does not have a minimum income requirement. It's basically an affidavit saying she will support you. She needs to include last year's tax returns to show that she is paying taxes, but there's no income requirement for this form

kristen: (14:43) Also, if I hear correctly, the affadavit of support does NOT require that I make 100 or 125% of the poverty line at the consular level? As long as I have been paying taxes, that is sufficient? My parents have agreed to be co-sponsors, but it would save them a lot of hassle if they did not have to get all their documents/assets together to send over here.

Lydia, Consular Officer: (14:43) Exactly. There is no requirement that you meet the poverty income guidelines. Your parents do not need to be co-sponsors.

For some reason I feel like this isn't the right answer but we got it from CASA. Should I trust it.

No, don't trust this answer. I suspect that Lydia works in or is familiar with the non-immigrant visa process. Expect to be held to the 125% standard.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.