Captain Ewok

IR1 / CR1 General Guides and Info

151 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...
Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

i have been reading the guides for filing IR/CR visa. i have noticed in the checklist of required documents that only I-864 (affidavit of support form) is listed. the letter from NVC however provides for the I-864A form which should be filled up.

when is this form needed?

and who should sign this form?

thanks a lot :blush:

10-27-2005 Arrived in US

12-03-2005 got married

01-06-2006 submitted AOS/EAD

02-17-2006 biometrics appt in NEWARK (30 days from date of NOA)

03-17-2006 receipt Notice of transfer of AOS petition to CSC thru letter dated 03-10

03-21-2006 CSC approved AOS petition (only 2 months & 3 days from receipt & ahead of EAD)

04-08-2006 EAD card received

05-02-2006 PERMANENT resident card received

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

12-28-07 sent I-751-VSC

01-10-08 NOA/receipt notice/Extension letter

02-15-08 Biometrics

04-11-08 NOA/Receipt Notice/extension letter the 2nd time

10-29-08 Approved/Card production ordered

APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

06-27-09 Application submitted

07-25-09 Biometrics appt in Elizabeth,NJ

10-21-09 Interview & Oath

i have been reading the guides for filing IR/CR visa. i have noticed in the checklist of required documents that only I-864 (affidavit of support form) is listed. the letter from NVC however provides for the I-864A form which should be filled up.

Hi, If you have a joint sponsor then they will fill out & sign the I-864A :yes: , if you dont need to use a joint sponsor then you only use the I-864, signed by the USC!

Amanda-England (Yorkshire)- Mark-USA(Michigan)

April/04/2005- Visa journey began!!

We did both K3 & CR1 visa's, got both!!- I returned to England for my CR1 interview after first arriving on a K3 visa!!

May/25th 2006- Green card arrives in the mail................YAY!!

19th June 2006 I Had to go to the Social Security Office to get my number, the DS-230 didnt work for me!!

26-June-2006- Social Security# arrived in the mail....YAY!!

Feb 2008 lift conditions <<<reminder to self!!<<<< went to England for a visit instead, no rush right, 90 days is a long time,LOL

Removing Conditions Begins

Mailed I-751 April 12th 2008

signed for @ NSC April 16th

NOA date April 16th

Conditional GC expired May 5th 2008

Biometrics Detroit May 10th 2008

10 year Green card ordered August 20th 2008

Citizenship any time from feb 2009

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi, If you have a joint sponsor then they will fill out & sign the I-864A :yes: , if you dont need to use a joint sponsor then you only use the I-864, signed by the USC!

Hi euro,

A Joint Sponsor completes an I-864 and selects the 'Joint Sponsor' option.

The I-864A is for including the income of a Household Member.

Splitting hairs: good

Splitting ends: bad

:)

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Timeline

thanks a lot euro and meauxna (F)

i have a follow up question though:

what if the co-sponsor is a household member?

will it suffice to submit the I-864 executed respectively by the sponsor and co-sponsor (who are residing in the same household) without submitting the i-864A? the income of the co-sponsor is more than enough to cover for the income requirements prescribed by the USCIS.

thanks in advance :unsure:

10-27-2005 Arrived in US

12-03-2005 got married

03-17-2006 receipt Notice of transfer of AOS petition to CSC thru letter dated 03-10

03-21-2006 CSC approved AOS petition (only 2 months & 3 days from receipt & ahead of EAD)

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

12-28-07 sent I-751-VSC

02-15-08 Biometrics

Timeline

will it suffice to submit the I-864 executed respectively by the sponsor and co-sponsor (who are residing in the same household) without submitting the i-864A? the income of the co-sponsor is more than enough to cover for the income requirements prescribed by the USCIS.

neolla,

er, this is getting kind of vague at this point..

If the Joint Sponsor (there is no co sponsor) is also a Household member (let's say the Sponsor lives with her parents) and the HM/parent agrees to put their income up for support, it appears that they have a choice of how to file:

-As a HM, and they complete an I-864A to the Sponsor's I-864

or, they love paperwork

-As a Joint Sponsor, and they (parent) complete an i-864 of their own.

I *think* I've got this right, from what you've posted.

It would be more appropriate for you to start your own thread on this topic, as this is a general IV Guide topic.

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

Timeline

i got this info:

How Do I File an Affidavit of Support?

You should complete an I-864 Affidavit of Support when your relative has been scheduled for an immigrant visa interview with a consular officer overseas or when your relative is about to submit an application for adjustment to permanent resident status with the USCIS or with an Immigration Court in the United States. If you have a joint sponsor, the joint sponsor must also complete USCIS Form I-864 at this time. If you are using the income of other household members to qualify, then each household member who is accepting legal responsibility for supporting your relative must complete a separate USCIS Form I-864A, Contract Between Sponsor and Household Member.

from the site below:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/affsupp.htm

**** i think the operative word is OTHER household which means (i think) that if the co-sponsor is a household member, he does not need to sign the i-864A anymore if he is already executing the i-864 form. it is only when the other household member(s) is willing to accept responsibility that they must sign i-864A and not necessarily i-864.

correct me if im wrong. this is getting more and more confusing :help:

thanks again

10-27-2005 Arrived in US

12-03-2005 got married

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

12-28-07 sent I-751-VSC

02-15-08 Biometrics

It would be more appropriate for you to start your own thread on this topic, as this is a general IV Guide topic.

I agree.

neolla,

Can you please repost your query in its own thread. It would be more beneficial to you and to others :)

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

• 1 month later...

DOS has new policy regarding the I-864. You can read the policy HERE Included in the thread is also a recent telegram to all consular posts re Revised Requirements for Form I-864 Processing

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

neolla,

If the Joint Sponsor (there is no co sponsor) is also a Household member (let's say the Sponsor lives with her parents) and the HM/parent agrees to put their income up for support, it appears that they have a choice of how to file:

or, they love paperwork

I got mine today from NVC and it's the same packet. They send all the forms anyway. Just fill the I-864 if your income is enough for the 125%. If not you have to add a joint sponsor. Both of you will sign the same I-864. The I-864A is for a household member whose income you want to add. A little different from the I-864. The instructions is very clear on that.

Timeline

neolla,

or, they love paperwork

I got mine today from NVC and it's the same packet. They send all the forms anyway. Just fill the I-864 if your income is enough for the 125%. If not you have to add a joint sponsor. Both of you will sign the same I-864. The I-864A is for a household member whose income you want to add. A little different from the I-864. The instructions is very clear on that.

No, that is not very clear. :whistle:

Joint Sponsors do not sign the same I-864 with Sponsors.

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello,i would like to learn how many months does it take for cr1 visa.I-130 approved at april 17.im in Turkey.and my husband is in US.and 1 week ago he paid for I-864 form and he sent them back checque and now waiting them to send back.im curious what will happen next.and the timeprocess for cr1 visa.becasue our visa style is cr1 not k3.we started to paper works in january and now its 5 months and looks like we arent in half of way.it made me stress becasue the persons after started us they gone with k3 visa.and im still here for cr1 visa.and we got nothing yet.i would like to learn when they will send I-864 forms back to my husband,and how many months will take it for cr1 visa for me to be together with my husband still?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

:wacko:

Situation and Question: My husband is in Canada and I moved to Canada to live with him four months after we married. We couldn't stand being apart anymore. So, we just received the I-130 approval before the I-129f, still not received approval yet. We learned that the CR-1/IR-1 is automatically defaulted when applying for the I-130. How long does it take from sending out the fees for the bills of the AOS and Immigrant Visa application fee? Do we get the I-864 packet after this? Initinally, when and how long do we have to wait before the personal interview in Montreal? If approved, do they give a same day visa for entry into the US?

Do you think that I will be denied if I am living with my husband with no U.S. physical address?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.