Sabrin

Overstay K1 Visa

63 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

visa expiring? what?

go back and look at the I-94 document - when - exactly - does it expire?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

2 weeks later seriously you need to do it before it expires or she will have to go back to her country there is no penalties i believe she will just have to go back to her home country..good luck i hope you get decide to do it like tomorrow think about it i think the court house its half price lol..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

2 weeks later seriously you need to do it before it expires or she will have to go back to her country there is no penalties i believe she will just have to go back to her home country..good luck i hope you get decide to do it like tomorrow think about it i think the court house its half price lol..

if you marry two weeks after the i-94 expires, she stays here and you file the i-130/i-485 rather than just the i-485 had you gotten married before i-94 expiration. not a big deal

YMMV

if you marry two weeks after the i-94 expires, she stays here and you file the i-130/i-485 rather than just the i-485 had you gotten married before i-94 expiration. not a big deal

Yes but $420 more.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

The 90 days to marry really is the only stipulation of the visa and you haven't fulfilled it, why bother to have even applied?

Anyways, are you sure in the time you have left you cannot meet a minister or a judge or a sea captain to get married ASAP?

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

and? consequences of their choice

I don't know why there is so much sass on this site from not only members, but organizers. I would think it good that someone mention it costs more, so they can make their decision. "Not a big deal" indicates it is little difference. Just want to say it's some more money. That's why the "and?" I'm not arguing with you, just adding something I think that might be a factor in making their decision.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

It is not possible due to work obligations, so either she will have to go back or wait two weeks. Ideally, I would like to wait the two weeks.

It's your choice. You'll follow the AOS guide for adjusting from tourist or other visas. You'll file an I-130 in addition to the I-485, and she'll need a new medical. These days, it's difficult to avoid the new medical anyway unless you got all the vaccinations abroad and got your own copy of the completed medical forms.

If you really can't find a way to meet the marriage requirement within the 90 days, that's your alternative. One clarification though. The expiration date of her visa becomes meaningless the day she first uses it to enter the USA. Your 90 days is from that date and will be the expiration date stamped on her I-94. The visa is dead on arrival regardless.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

It is not possible due to work obligations, so either she will have to go back or wait two weeks. Ideally, I would like to wait the two weeks.

I understand work obligations can make it difficult. But where there's a will there's a way. Perhaps if you can give more specifics we can put our heads together to come up with a workaround.

My assumption would be that you are scheduled to work during the times that the city hall or wherever you need to go for the marriage license is open? Let us know if that's the case. And if it is, where you are located.

You may find another county or even another state for example close enough that has a different schedule etc... but since marriage laws are so different everywhere, it would be difficult to say without more specifics.

You are kidding, right?

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.