Sabrin

Overstay K1 Visa

63 posts in this topic

$420? Still not a big deal.... its not like leaving the country at a price likely much higher than $420) and starting over as some have indicated... leaving and starting over to me now that is a BIG deal that can be avoided

PS I am a member first and not just an organizer

:lol:

pay, it's probably important in this thread. I don't know why the OP feels he can't get time off work to get married to a woman who came thousands of miles to marry him. If he's keeping his nose to the proverbial grindstone for that almighty dollar, then he might not want to part with another $420 just to keep her around.

Come on --give the guy a break . we do not know his circumstances and he do not wish to explain . He have a job that requires him to be away for a while or on a ''special mission '' or deployed in a foreign country etc . He know the consequences and is willing to pay for it . Best wishes .

Maybe he's James Bond?

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

It's not a 'touchy spot' with me, I just found it quite rude of you to be so presumptuous. But that's by the by, really....

Yus, it is.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

pay, it's probably important in this thread. I don't know why the OP feels he can't get time off work to get married to a woman who came thousands of miles to marry him. If he's keeping his nose to the proverbial grindstone for that almighty dollar, then he might not want to part with another $420 just to keep her around.

The real no big deal is that the OP's fiance(e) has a path to US permanent residency whether they marry before the 90 days or after... they just need to choose the road...

YMMV

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

if you marry two weeks after the i-94 expires, she stays here and you file the i-130/i-485 rather than just the i-485 had you gotten married before i-94 expiration. not a big deal

I have seriously never heard of this, and I guess I am not the only one. Can you tell us more about it as an option? My belief is that you either marry within 90 days or you are done, no way out.

As for the OP's issue, even if you can do this, is it worth another $420.00 and a whole new set of hassles to avoid marrying in time? Even if there is no way to get an hour off during the business day to get married, surely you can get a minister from a small church to do the deed on a Saturday or at night.

Edited by Al422

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I have seriously never heard of this, and I guess I am not the only one. Can you tell us more about it as an option? My belief is that you either marry within 90 days or you are done, no way out.

As for the OP's issue, even if you can do this, is it worth another $420.00 and a whole new set of hassles to avoid marrying in time? Even if there is no way to get an hour off during the business day to get married, surely you can get a minister from a small church to do the deed on a Saturday or at night.

A lot of people haven't yet heard of a lot of things. Now you have. Accept it.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Maybe he's James Bond?

Maybe. All jokes aside, the judgmental and other off-topic posts here are out of line.

I have a friend who, if the phone rings, (Because Ms Clinton needs to go abroad) he's gone for the duration. With enough notice he might be able to arrange to switch assignments but maybe not. The Dept. of State Security Officers and double OO spys are not the only jobs that sometimes don't have outs. The OP has his options. Why not just let THEM decide without the BS.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Here's an exmaple of how giving us more info could help you.

http://www.marriagebyproxy.com/

This particular site says they get you the marriage certificate within 3 weeks, which I don't think would help you because you're so close... although, maybe somebody else could speak to this. If the actual wedding is performed before the 90 days, but the AOS paperwork isn't sent in until after because of waiting for the marriage certificate how does that work?

According to this site, ONE OF YOU, would have to travel to COLORADO while the other one would have a proxy.

Or, if you are in the military, they can do a DOUBLE PROXY in Montana with neither of you there.

It does mention that there are a few states where SINGLE PROXY is recognized... so I'm sure there are other companies, etc that do them there... and maybe some who can get you the certificate faster.

Perhaps your state is one of them and she could go marry you without you even being there :-)

Timeline

The things I learn on the Internet... according to Wikipedia, the four states that do allow proxy marriage are California, Colorado, Montana, and Texas... although it seems for California you also have to be active duty military.

Timeline

The things I learn on the Internet... according to Wikipedia, the four states that do allow proxy marriage are California, Colorado, Montana, and Texas... although it seems for California you also have to be active duty military.

On the internet, you'll also find that USCIS doesn't recognize proxy marriages until after they've been consummated. This is not an option, since he won't be home to consummate before the 90 days is up.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

On the internet, you'll also find that USCIS doesn't recognize proxy marriages until after they've been consummated. This is not an option, since he won't be home to consummate before the 90 days is up.

The things I learn on the Internet :-)

If I had known about this I might have considered it anyway. The major reason we didn't get married overseas is that it is a looooong & troublesome process in her home country. But we could have legally married by proxy. Then I could have flown over there (which I did anyway) to make it recognizable by USCIS).. :-)

Timeline

The things I learn on the Internet :-)

If I had known about this I might have considered it anyway. The major reason we didn't get married overseas is that it is a looooong & troublesome process in her home country. But we could have legally married by proxy. Then I could have flown over there (which I did anyway) to make it recognizable by USCIS).. :-)

Bad idea for Vietnam. It's a visa you're after, not just an approved petition.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My Fiance is in America and she is close to her K1 visa expiring. Due to uncontrollable circumstances, we are unable to get married before her visa expires, so what is the penalty if she stays and we get married 2 weeks after it expires?

Not to be mean or anything like that, I suggest you ask your work for 2 days off. Any reasonable employer will give a couple the chance to get married even if those z2 days are going to be without pay. I personally will give an arm and a leg to marry my fiancee if she wouldn't mind me walking on one leg and having only an arm. I mean, literally.

Unless its for a health and life or dealth reason, there shouldn't be any excuse not to be ble to marry in 90 days. I apologize if I sound mean but I just couldn't read this without saying a word. I wish you the best and pray your condition improves so you could marry before the expiry of the visa. I'm sure you understand.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.