JohnSmith2007

Jackson Lee blasts 'demeaning' Pepsi Super Bowl ad

627 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am sure that you women could probably list a number of reasons you find your foreign boy-friends/husbands more appealing than us American guys!

:rolleyes: Hardly. I'm not like you.

And for the love of God, can you keep this ####### in the RUB forum?

:rolleyes: Hardly. I'm not like you.

And for the love of God, can you keep this ####### in the RUB forum?

Actually, I think it's great that it's leached out from the RUB forum. I think more people need to see some of the things that are posted in there for themselves. The casual misogyny that goes on there unabated is the shame of VJ, in my opinion. But then again, what do I know? I'm just another bitter, entitled USC woman, one who moved to a foreign country to be with her man, then moved back to the USA when her man wanted to live here (and she didn't), and made the best of it while she wore high heels.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

It's pretty black and white to me. Mail Order Brides...began as a Westerm thing from the get go... Men out west working the gold mines in the 19th century, etc... looking through catalogs for mail order brides that lived back east due to the lack of women out west. Englishmen living/working in South Africa...same with Australia, etc...

Like you said, some women are looking for a man to provide for her and a family, and some men are looking for companionship and a hot looking lay. It's a win win situation if you ask me. It skips all the usual traditional American head game bs, and cuts right to the chase.

:no:

I think it is way more complicated than that! There is far more to a successful relationship than a woman's appearance and a man's income!!! And anyone who bases his or her decision only or primarily on those factors is probably not going to be married long! But that does not mean that a woman taking care of her appearance and a man being able to provide well for his family are not important factors, especially in that initial decision of who you want to date! Maybe I have more faith in my fellow American men than is justified. But if it is true that most men are being shallow, the same is probably true for most women.

:no:

I think it is way more complicated than that! There is far more to a successful relationship than a woman's appearance and a man's income!!! And anyone who bases his or her decision only or primarily on those factors is probably not going to be married long! But that does not mean that a woman taking care of her appearance and a man being able to provide well for his family are not important factors, especially in that initial decision of who you want to date! Maybe I have more faith in my fellow American men than is justified. But if it is true that most men are being shallow, the same is probably true for most women.

D@amn James...your too sensitive to be one of us...a true RUB-er. :unsure:

Heck I'm not rich, neither is Slim. I mean being rich and having a big schlong is like a "double bonus"...but for some of us. :devil:

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

It quoted her in that article saying she found that commercial insulting, especially seeing how it was played during "Black History Month"...that was from the black Congresswoman.

Now I know I'm not the sharpest tool in the box, but I'm going to say she was referring to that commercial as being "racist". If not she never would have found it insulting in the first place would she ? ...and why would she mention such things as "Black History Month", "Black couple", "White woman jogger". ...again those are the words from the Black Congresswoman that this thread refers to.

Because nothing she said falls under the definition of racism. Maybe she thinks that, I don't know, but she didn't say it.

I would say she is offended by what she considers racial stereotyping in the commercial. This may be semantics to some, I guess, but sterotyping and racism are not the same thing. Negative sterotyping could amount to racism if there is predudicial intent or belief behind it, but I didn't here her go so far as to make that specific allegation and I'm not going to assume it.

Edited by Dakine10

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Its hard for me to get a fix on not wanting to move. I live in a mild climate currently, but would have no problem going to any location so long as its not dry (in the alcohol sense).

:lol:

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

And that's one of the many differences between American women and Eastern European women. American women get "skeered", and I have yet to meet an Eastern European woman that didn't have b@lls bigger than a bull...so to say. I believe the economic and social factor plays the #1 role for Eastern European women marrying US men. But even with that the US guy looking for a "relationship without the head games" is still coming out ahead of the game imo. If Eastern European women get scared, they don't show it. If there's something that bothers them, they tell you right off the get go...no head games. If they plan on moving to the US they decide to do it and there's no looking back. Granted they miss there family, but they made the decision and that's that. A lot of friends and co workers here in Alaska married Russian women when they still had a majority of Alaskan's working the Sakhalin oil field in Russia back in the 90's and early 2000's. Out of maybe a half dozen of those marriages that I know of, only one hasn't worked out, and it was due to the fact he didn't get off the booze.

It's easier for some men to just take the plunge and marry a foreign gal...like shopping for a car I guess, then to go through all the bs that goes on here in the States. That and chances are a guy marry's a chick half his age, college educated, bi lingual, and she usually looks like a Victoria Secret model. I was lucky enough to be one of those guys thanks to "myspace.com". :)

You certainly aren't speaking for me when you compare my "balls" to an Eastern European.

You certainly aren't speaking for a lot of my American female friends either.

This is where you guys screw up. You collectively stigmatize 1/2 of the US population based upon your (apparently) limited experience with US females. Or perhaps your experience with the female US population that "skeered" you.

I actually don't really disagree with you on this but I point all this out in response to the numerous posts implying or saying outright that men who look overseas for a spouse do so for shallow reasons! Just comparing. If my reasons are shallow than I would have to say most other reasons I hear are as well.

Then as you don't really disagree, perhaps you would care to stop calling it "shallowness" when a USC female utilizes the same freedom her US male counterpart utilizes?

I think the reason this issue seems to get under the skin of so many women here in the USA is because men have always valued a woman's attractiveness, as women have valued a man's ability to provide. The dynamic is suddenly being upset as foreign women have abruptly entered the dating 'marketplace'. Attracting a mate has always been competitive from both sides. Now women face competition they did not have before and they don't like it. Globalization has been tough on many people job-wise, but a boon to others. The same is now happening in relationships. But don't for a minute think that the only factor driving this is the physical attractiveness of foreign women! Some men may be this stupid (as 'gold-digging' women are equally stupid) but the majority of relationships I know of (even including Gary's, I think) are based on many levels of connection and attraction. A much bigger turn-off for me relative to many american women I have known is the over-developed sense of entitlement that many seem to have. There are many more issues important to me as well that have led me in the direction I have gone. I am sure that you women could probably list a number of reasons you find your foreign boy-friends/husbands more appealing than us American guys!

:rofl:

Since I grew up, moved out of my Father's house, and started living on my own, I can't tell you how unconcerned I have been with "competitiveness". Either from US females or foreign females. My entire adult life, I have gotten plenty of offers. Both as a young woman and now, as a mature female.

Really and truly, a confident woman doesn't have trouble getting a man. I will wager that it doesn't matter if she's a US citizen or otherwise.

D@amn James...your too sensitive to be one of us...a true RUB-er. :unsure:

Heck I'm not rich, neither is Slim. I mean being rich and having a big schlong is like a "double bonus"...but for some of us. :devil:

Bleh.

Really. Just how disgusting do you think you have to be to make your point?

:rofl:

Since I grew up, moved out of my Father's house, and started living on my own, I can't tell you how unconcerned I have been with "competitiveness". Either from US females or foreign females. My entire adult life, I have gotten plenty of offers. Both as a young woman and now, as a mature female.

Really and truly, a confident woman doesn't have trouble getting a man. I will wager that it doesn't matter if she's a US citizen or otherwise.

This. All of this.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

.....Considering all that then why on Earth does he reduce his accomplished beautiful wife who travelled 1000's of miles to be with him to a comparison of a car he drives with the top down?

Maybe this is a 'guy' thing. I don't get the same impression you (and apparently many other women) get when he uses this comparison. I always get the impression he is very proud of his wifes intelligence and accomplishments! He was referring here just to one component of who his wife is and that was her attractiveness. In that sense his comparison, while perhaps a little coarse, made sense. As a man I would be honored if my wife compared me to a sophisticated and powerful automobile relative to my appearance, etc. Why is this so offensive to women?

I do understand the offense taken with the generalizations that lump all american women together. I am accused of the same, though I have tried to point out that I don't see all american women as conforming to any stereotype. I should be more careful and I suppose if I were to speak one-on-one with Gary I would encourage him that he also should be more circumspect. That said, maybe he enjoys the reaction he gets from some here.

I never looked at dating as some zero sum game between women/men of different nationalities.

I've never noticed the Russian women who post here (the few that do) and the ones I know in real life don't seem to subscribe to either, it seems to be perpetuated by (some, not all) American men here.

Edited by Trompe le Monde

90day.jpg