JohnSmith2007

Jackson Lee blasts 'demeaning' Pepsi Super Bowl ad

627 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

A friend of mine on FB posted this in the last five minutes as this discussion continued. Though he was speaking in a different context, I think it's apt here.

I think there's definitely a middle ground where those of us stuck in here feel the need to preface things by saying 'I'm not a racist but...' because it is quite prevalent to be labeled as such.

For instance, I did not support Obama. Before even explaining why, I heard 'you don't like him cos he's black' Err, no, that's not it at all.

Or, 'Im not a racist, BUT the race card is overplayed at times.' But, according to AJ, saying the race card is unjustly played at times makes me a racist? Unless it's one of his sarcastic posts, I dunno.

eta end quote mark

Edited by Lisa C

Possibly. Hey, you gotta drive something, may as well be the foreign sports model. They are really no more expensive than the overstuffed land yachts and provide a better ride and look a lot better with the top down.

OMG. How disgusting.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Yeah, that surprised me too. Especially when the poster being referred to has a husband from Northern Ireland, which is part of the UK

Do you suppose that is the "developing" part?

But to see racism where there is none is racists.

No it's not. If you see racism where there is none, you might be many things but at worst you are foolish, but being foolish in and of itself does not make one racist. What you seem to be saying is that we are meant to be colour blind in the literal sense as apposed to simply responding to everyone on merit rather than on the basis of a preconceived prejudice based on a stereotypical understanding of people from different cultures and ethnicity. I have to say, that's as foolish as someone seeing racism where there is none.

Back to the advert itself, it really doesn't merit that much discussion. The worst message in it is that zero calorie drinks that contain artificial sweeteners are a healthy alternative to cane sugar soda.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Loving my VJ sisters tonight.star_smile.gifheart.gifluv.gif

Have you got your high heels on?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

The worst message in it is that zero calorie drinks that contain artificial sweeteners are a healthy alternative to cane sugar soda.

Off subject but I must respond, where in this country do the major soft drink manufacturers use cane sugar (or beet sugar) in soda? The labels I see list something much worse, high-fructose corn syrup!

Gary - I rarely make serious comments here because most of the time it's just not even worth it. I don't have a problem with most of your comments, but the way you talk about your wife is appalling! Does she know you talk about her like she's a possession? If she's as well educated as you say she is I am sure she would not appreciate some of the stuff you say about her on here. And maybe she is pretty to you, and to some other people, but not everyone has the same idea of beauty as you do. I can tell you she is not my type, but if she was a 10 to me, she'd be a 1 with you by her side.

Off subject but I must respond, where in this country do the major soft drink manufacturers use cane sugar (or beet sugar) in soda? The labels I see list something much worse, high-fructose corn syrup!

you can get coke for passover made with sugar AND you can buy stuff like pepsi, mt dew, dr pepper throwback.

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

you can get coke for passover made with sugar AND you can buy stuff like pepsi, mt dew, dr pepper throwback.

Forgot about seeing that 'throwback' stuff! :blush:

I had no idea that coke was a part of the passover tradition! :huh:

Forgot about seeing that 'throwback' stuff! :blush:

I had no idea that coke was a part of the passover tradition! :huh:

kosher peeps gotta get some coke too!

Gary - I forgot something else...there's a rule where you can't call someone fat unless your waist is smaller than theirs

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Our local CostCo sells Coke made for the Mexican market which uses cane sugar. Almost anything made for the US uses HFC

90day.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I do!

I'm also naked 24/7, jumping my hubby every few hours.... and the most underwear i have ever worn is a thong because it's proof that I love my husband who has been known to compare me to inanimate objects, make frat boy comments about me and my countrymen and make mysogenistic remarks about other women.

On top of that he moved me from one frozen tundra to another, validates himself by the way I look and snickers that there are many more women where I come from to add to his shopping cart...behind my back with others of his ilk on the WWW broadcast to God knows how many.

He is bald too...YAY!

I'm soooooooo lucky!

that aint true love................. this is true love

Edited by Dan and Judy