41 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone!

I received an RFE notice for my Form I-693. The notice says:

"Submit a properly completed and signed Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record, (Rev. 06/05/08 or later) for the applicant on Form I-485. The medical examination must be conducted by a civil surgeon who has been designated by USCIS. The medical must be issued less than one year prior to the filing date of Form I-485.

To obtain names and telephone numbers of the designated civil surgeons is your area, go online to http://www.uscis.gov/ or call USCIS’ National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283. You may need to provide your zip code. Have a pen or pencil ready to write down the list of civil surgeons in your area.

The civil surgeon must conduct the exam as directed in the instructions to Form I-693 and the Centers for Disease Control’s Technical Instructions for the Medical Examination of Aliens in the United States. Both the medical examination and the vaccination record must be completed when required. "

The thing is I submitted my Form I-693 completed by a civil surgeon in a sealed envelope as well as my DS-3025 Vaccination sheet from Manila where I undergone my medical exam.

I had my second doses of vaccines done by the hospital here in the US before I had my Form I-693 transcribed by the CS.

Other than receiving my I-693 in a seales envelope, the civil surgeon even gave me a photocopies of the transcription which I have just checked and seen pages 1, 3 and 5 of the form.

He didn't fill out section 1 and 2 of the Part 2 Medical Exam of the form. My question is does the CS has to fill out those boxes where it say,

1. Date of First Examination

2. Communicable Diseases of Public Health Significance,

even if I had my medical exam in Manila?

Do I have to go through another medical exam here conducted by the CS when I just had my medical exam from Manila few months ago? Or do I just need another I-693 transcription? How should I respond to the RFE?

Sorry for the long post, I am just really confused as of what went wrong with the I-693 I submitted for my AOS.

I hope you guys can help enlighten me. Thank you and Merry Christmas!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have no answer for you, but I find that situation so frustrating, and it hasn't even happened to me!

I can see them sending the RFE to people who didn't send the I-693.... but to send it to people who HAVE sent it in just seems eye-roll worthy. I'm sorry that happened to you.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

This is fairly common, they seem to "lose" the medical exam quite often even though it is in a sealed envelope we must submit upon arrival.

Easiest thing to do is just repeat the medical, Right thing to do is file a complaint about the lost medical

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello everyone!

"Submit a properly completed and signed Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record, (Rev. 06/05/08 or later) for the applicant on Form I-485. The medical examination must be conducted by a civil surgeon who has been designated by USCIS. The medical must be issued less than one year prior to the filing date of Form I-485.

To obtain names and telephone numbers of the designated civil surgeons is your area, go online to http://www.uscis.gov/ or call USCIS’ National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283. You may need to provide your zip code. Have a pen or pencil ready to write down the list of civil surgeons in your area.

The civil surgeon must conduct the exam as directed in the instructions to Form I-693 and the Centers for Disease Control’s Technical Instructions for the Medical Examination of Aliens in the United States. Both the medical examination and the vaccination record must be completed when required. "

The thing is I submitted my Form I-693 completed by a civil surgeon in a sealed envelope as well as my DS-3025 Vaccination sheet from Manila where I undergone my medical exam.

I had my second doses of vaccines done by the hospital here in the US before I had my Form I-693 transcribed by the CS.

Other than receiving my I-693 in a seales envelope, the civil surgeon even gave me a photocopies of the transcription which I have just checked and seen pages 1, 3 and 5 of the form.

He didn't fill out section 1 and 2 of the Part 2 Medical Exam of the form. My question is does the CS has to fill out those boxes where it say,

Do I have to go through another medical exam here conducted by the CS when I just had my medical exam from Manila few months ago? Or do I just need another I-693 transcription? How should I respond to the RFE?

Sorry for the long post, I am just really confused as of what went wrong with the I-693 I submitted for my AOS.

Hi, as I told you in other post, more than 5 Nov AOS filers received same RFE letter even we submitted the I-693 with the AOS package.

The I-693 RFE is kinda generic, those who just sent the DS 3025 they received the same RFE letter so they will responds to it with only transcritption from the CS. Since we sent our I-693 with AOS package and we received same RFE we are confused if we need a full medical or another transcritption becasue of the confusing words "properly completed", but we all know that k visa holder doesn't need a full medical examination as long as the overseas medical is valid.

I received same RFE and I responded by another transcription by the CS, my EAD and AP are already approved but my AOS is still pending... I had another vaccinations. As I told you, I cannot advise you to do the same as I did because there is a possibilty that we have different reasons why our I-693 are invalid. Sometimes I am worrying if my transcription is enough since my AOS is still pending.

I read in some post that the medical might lost if a person receive an I-693 RFE, well I am not sure about it...I tried to call the USCIS and the costumer representative told me that my I-693 "might" invalid, and I also asked him if I need a full medical and he said "no". I also asked him if there is a possiblity that my medical was lost and he said "it's possible".

If you have money to have the full medical examination better to have it than always worrying that they will accept your another I-693 or not. But full medical is expensive than having another transcription by the CS.

A week after they received my respond for I-693 RFE my EAD and AP are approved.

Good luck!

Edited by Jobel

5-20-2013 USC

I-130 Petition for my Mom

5-20-2013 filled I-130

5-21-2013 USCIS received the packet/Priority Date

5-22-2013 NOA1

10-28-2013 Expedite Request Submitted with the help of a Senator

11-13-2013 Additional document submitted for expedite process

11-21-13 NOA2

11-25-13 NOA2 hardcopy received

12-19-13 Expedite request approved (forwarded 24 hrs from NVC to consulate) received case number and IIN

12-24-13 Ready for interview schedule

12-26-13 Set the interview schedule

**** She could have the interview as early as Jan 7th but decided not on the rush for medical and for me to have time to forward all the document in the Philippines since I didn't pay or submit anything at NVC

1-8-9-14 Medical

1-27-14 Interview (submitted AOS & Civil documents, paid Visa Fee)

1-30-14 Visa Received

1-31-14 Immigration Fee $165 paid

**** We need my mom urgently but due of the cold weather in Minnesota, we decided to wait for warmer weather. She could be here as early as Feb....

2-3-14 Booked ticket for March due of cold weather

3-21-14 CFO seminar

3-31-14 POE

4-7-14 received SSN #

Someone successfully "beat" this RFE by working with their congressman or senator's office - the person who helped them was able to track down their physical A-file (it has the stuff you turned in at POE) or at least get USCIS to track down the physical file, and the medical was then found!

That might be the cumbersome way to go - lots of calling and follow up, I would imagine. It is faster to just re-do the medical.

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Someone successfully "beat" this RFE by working with their congressman or senator's office - the person who helped them was able to track down their physical A-file (it has the stuff you turned in at POE) or at least get USCIS to track down the physical file, and the medical was then found!

That might be the cumbersome way to go - lots of calling and follow up, I would imagine. It is faster to just re-do the medical.

I'm joining the RFE club! We submitted the I-693 completed by a civil surgeon in a sealed envelope and the DS-3025 Vaccination sheet. We also got a RFE today (Merry Christmas) with the same statement regarding the I-693!

Looks like a do-over I guess!

Ron & Hongxiang

Ron & Lisa

K-1 Visa Timeline
2009-02-17 - I-129F sent
2009-02-20 - NOA1
2009-04-09 - NOA2
2009-07-15 - Medical exam
2009-07-20 - Interview
2009-08-31 - POE: Chicago
2009-11-07 - Marriage

AOS/EAD/AP
2009-11-24 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP
2009-12-01 - NOA 1 AOS/EAD/AP issued
2009-12-17 - RFE issued Medical I-693
2010-01-04 - Submitted new I-693 for RFE
2010-01-05 - Biometrics appointment
2010-01-11 - USCIS acknowledged receipt of evidence
2010-01-14 - AOS Transferred to CSC
2010-01-21 - Transfer received at CSC
2010-01-25 - RFE round two on Biometrics (fingerprint only)
2010-01-27 - EAD approved & Rec'd
2010-01-27 - AP approved & rec'd
2010-02-04 - Biometrics re-taken
2010-02-05 - AOS Touched
2010-02-17 - GC approved - no interview!
2010-03-03 - GC Received!
2011-11-04 - I-751 sent
2011-11-07 - NOA1 Received
2011-12-13 - Biometrics appointment
2012-04-20 - Approved
2012-05-31 - GC Received

2013-01-22 - N-400 Filed

2013-01-31 - N-400 NOA

2013-02-19 - Biometrics

2013-04-22 - N-400 Interview

2013-05-09 - Oath taken and became an American Citizen!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
I'm joining the RFE club! We submitted the I-693 completed by a civil surgeon in a sealed envelope and the DS-3025 Vaccination sheet. We also got a RFE today (Merry Christmas) with the same statement regarding the I-693!

Looks like a do-over I guess!

Ron & Hongxiang

Your the 7th Nov AOS filer... I do not know what is the problem about the I-693 issue.

5-20-2013 USC

I-130 Petition for my Mom

5-20-2013 filled I-130

5-21-2013 USCIS received the packet/Priority Date

5-22-2013 NOA1

10-28-2013 Expedite Request Submitted with the help of a Senator

11-13-2013 Additional document submitted for expedite process

11-21-13 NOA2

11-25-13 NOA2 hardcopy received

12-19-13 Expedite request approved (forwarded 24 hrs from NVC to consulate) received case number and IIN

12-24-13 Ready for interview schedule

12-26-13 Set the interview schedule

**** She could have the interview as early as Jan 7th but decided not on the rush for medical and for me to have time to forward all the document in the Philippines since I didn't pay or submit anything at NVC

1-8-9-14 Medical

1-27-14 Interview (submitted AOS & Civil documents, paid Visa Fee)

1-30-14 Visa Received

1-31-14 Immigration Fee $165 paid

**** We need my mom urgently but due of the cold weather in Minnesota, we decided to wait for warmer weather. She could be here as early as Feb....

2-3-14 Booked ticket for March due of cold weather

3-21-14 CFO seminar

3-31-14 POE

4-7-14 received SSN #

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello everyone!

I guess they lost your sealed I-693! You can go back to your CS and get another I-693 filled up. Don't get another medical exam. Hope you'll get your RFE sorted out..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

It is strange the new demands for the I-693 to be included (where in the past so many have gotten by with the DS-3025).

Wonder if it has to do with the recent form changes, immunization requirement changes, etc?

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Perhaps an increased emphasis is being placed on the I-693 being completed? The link does indicate it is required in essentially all AOS filings (even if they had not actually enforced it in the past).

K-3

11/15/2006 - NOA1 Receipt for 129F

02/12/2007 - I-130 and I-129F approved!

04/17/2007 - Interview - visa approved!

04/18/2007 - POE LAX - Finally in the USA!!!

04/19/2007 - WE ARE FINALLY HOME!!!

09/20/2007 - Sent Packet 3 for K-4 Visas (follow to join for children)

10/02/2007 - K-4 Interviews - approved

10/12/2007 - Everyone back to USA!

AOS

06/20/2008 - Mailed I-485, I-765 (plus I-130 for children)

06/27/2008 - NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-130s

07/16/2008 - Biometrics appointment

08/28/2008 - EAD cards received

11/20/2008 - AOS Interviews - approved

Citizenship

08/22/2011 - Mailed N-400

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Add me to the list! We just went for our biometrics yesterday and it felt so good to get that out of the way. Get home and check the mail....RFE. We submitted a completed I-693 so I'm not sure what the problem is or where to go from here.

Those of you who included an I-693 and still received an RFE, did you have the form completely filled out or just the vaccination history? It may be that they lost a lot of medicals exam results (YELLOW ENVELOPES) and they want the whole form filled out.

Another question for you... did any of you have Dr. Arnold transcribe your vaccinations or did you use a local CS?

Answering these questions may help us determine what is triggering these RFE's.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.