Otto

New 2-Page G-325A Form

21 posts in this topic

Ewok,

Just an FYI - USCIS has updated the G-235A biographical form (Rev. 06/12/09Y) that is a 2-page form, not 4 like the previous version(s). (I didn't see a previous post on this topic.)

This should probably be updated in the Example Forms and I believe 4-pages is mentioned in the guides as well.

(There have also been some questions in regard to this new form; such as "Do we need to print 4 of these? - I don't see where this is necessary but perhaps a mention of this in the FAQs may also be prudent.)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

I agree. I will update this week.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I am somewhat confused on the G325A also. It says to include all 4 pages, but what I printed is only 1 page to fill out and 1 page of instructions for a total of 2 pages. Do you send the instruction page with it and how many copies need to be sent with the I130? Where it asks at the bottom of the page "submitted in connection with an application for:" what box do I check? Status as Permanent Resident or Other?

Thank you for any information. I just don't want to do anything wrong on these forms and have it sent back so I am asking even stupid questions!

Filed: Timeline
I am somewhat confused on the G325A also. It says to include all 4 pages, but what I printed is only 1 page to fill out and 1 page of instructions for a total of 2 pages. Do you send the instruction page with it and how many copies need to be sent with the I130? Where it asks at the bottom of the page "submitted in connection with an application for:" what box do I check? Status as Permanent Resident or Other?

Thank you for any information. I just don't want to do anything wrong on these forms and have it sent back so I am asking even stupid questions!

I heard a rumor that the USCIS just uses the top copy, and tosses the rest. But that is just a rumor. I would send in the 4 requested copies until this story settles down and gets verified.

Filed: Timeline

The reason they have 4 copies is because there are 2 adjudicators who work on your case. Each one of them sets a page side-by-side, and then dons 3D glasses. They are then able to view your G325A in Amazing HomelandSecurityVision™. It could be that budget cuts are forcing them to only have on adjudicator viewing your G325A in Amazing HomelandSecurityVision™.

Edited by mox

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
...Amazing HomelandSecurityVision™.
To allow Mox to recollect the "SuperNerd" trophy, my own opinion was that USCIS either wallpapers its departmental bathrooms with the extra copies, or they use the extras to light cigars as a parlor trick, si man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Actually, according to an article quoted in the K1 forum, 4 pages are still necessary, and publishing this 1 page document when 4 copies are needed is misleading.

ALSO, according to USCIS on the update, previous versions are also accepted. I think to make it easier, and as sure-fire as we all expect the guides to be, can we leave the "old" 4 pager in the downloads section, please?

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

These are interesting points. We always use the most current forms in the download section but "lock in" versions in the Guide Section until the USCIS requires a new version making the example form dated.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Ok... today (at least) we're back to this 'new' version of the G-325A

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/g-325a.pdf

Not sure if they (USCIS) can make up their mind :unsure:

OMB No. 1615-0008; Expires 06/30/2011

Form G-325A(Rev. 06/12/09Y)

g_325a.pdf

Just an update:

I just spoke to a USCIS rep. who had to put me on hold to find out what was up with this new version - she said, you are supposed to (still) print 4 copies.

The PDF instructions do not help (in this regard) and the online/web instructions only state that there are 4 pages. Am not sure how a person is supposed to pull from thin air, to print 4 pages...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I ordered a copy of the G-325A from Dept of Homeland Security because my husband to be does not have a printer. There are 4 pages with instructions on page 5. Hope this helps.

I ordered a copy of the G-325A from Dept of Homeland Security because my husband to be does not have a printer. There are 4 pages with instructions on page 5. Hope this helps.

If they don't have these numbers:

• OMB No. 1615-0008; Expires 06/30/2011 (Top-right of page)
  • Form G-325A(Rev. 06/12/09Y) (Bottom-right - I think - of page)

Then they sent you the 'old'/previous version (which is still valid by the way).

Is it possible to post a link to the older document link? I just don't want USCIS to send me back the newer form if it's a mistake to do that!

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview