MsSheka

NVC October 2009 edition

2,867 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Okay, well, sort of anti-climactic...

They were in the embassy for 3.5 hours. She had 3 interviews, my stepson one "interview" (they didn't ask him anything). They asked all kinds of stuff (where we both worked, how old we were, when we visited each other, if she spoke English (no) oh does he speak Spanish (yes) where did he learn (Germany) Germany?!? And he was married to a Colombian before... oh he was married before? (yes) were you? (no)... How is it possible that you got together since you live so far apart? (her best friend lives close to me), etc, etc, etc).

They asked for pictures, they asked to see my divorce decree.

After everything was said and done and they had done fingerprints, they took their passports, canceled their tourist visas, told her not to make any travel plans and to call on Friday. If everything is okay with the prints, they should get their passports back on Saturday.

So, I get to wait a little longer, but I think the big hurdle is definitely out of the way.

But, dad blast it! I wanted to just know already..

Mark :)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

well, at least the interview is under their belts. hopefully they will get their visas soon :dance: and congratulations :)

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

They were in the embassy for 3.5 hours. She had 3 interviews, my stepson one "interview" (they didn't ask him anything). They asked all kinds of stuff (where we both worked, how old we were, when we visited each other, if she spoke English (no) oh does he speak Spanish (yes) where did he learn (Germany) Germany?!? And he was married to a Colombian before... oh he was married before? (yes) were you? (no)... How is it possible that you got together since you live so far apart? (her best friend lives close to me), etc, etc, etc).

After everything was said and done and they had done fingerprints, they took their passports, canceled their tourist visas, told her not to make any travel plans and to call on Friday. If everything is okay with the prints, they should get their passports back on Saturday.

So, I get to wait a little longer, but I think the big hurdle is definitely out of the way.

Ther is one sure-fire way you can know -

You could call the DOS Hotline, Get a Human, inquire for case status. The Embassy data system is mirrored at DOS, sometimes updated in real time, sometimes a 'day off'.

Suggest you call each day, around 4:00 PM EST, inquire about status.

Congrats!, though - it smells like PINK, VISA Approval.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I SAY THATS A GO MARK!!CONGRATS!!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

02/04/10 Case complete

02/08/10 Interview scheduled

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

04/05/10 received welcome letter dated 03/30/10 :)

04/08/10 Card Production Ordered!

04/13/10 Approval Notice Sent! :)

04/15/10 Second Welcome Letter dated 4/8/10?

04/19/10 Card received!! WOOHOO!

loveshower.gif046314001268967245-final.gif

Removing Conditions Timeline (I-751)

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

2/21/12 NOA Received by mail

2/27/2012 Biometrics Notice received

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline
yw. She will be here sometime next month. She need sometime to prepare and say good-bye to all her friends.

Hope things are going well for you, Finn. Best wishes to you both.

Great Randy! My hubby quits his job in 2 1/2 weeks (Malta), then goes home to Finland for a few weeks, then I'm flying six weeks from today to go get him in Malta! Things are fine-just have sooo much to do on the house before he gets here! Best wishes to you two also!

Our timeline:

2/88: We met in Sydney, Australia at a youth hostel! He's Finnish, I'm American-both were in our early 20s at the time and fresh out of college (so couldn't afford to visit each other's countries after that!). We had a three-day romance, then went our separate ways. He actually was going to Sydney a week later, but decided at the last minute to cut his trip short in another country and go early. Wow.

1988-1998: Wrote "snail mail" letters/sent Xmas cards, but lived our separate lives. I married someone else, divorced in 2006...he lived with someone for years and then that ended.

10/08: Because of a series of random life events, I Googled my Finn Man and found him (but no link to his email, and the website his name was on was in Estonian so I couldn't even read it!). It took me two weeks to find a link to someone else, who forwarded my email to him (we were both single at the time thankfully!!!!). The email went to his spam folder but he happened to check it that day and responded back to me immediately! This was after 10 years of no contact and almost 21 years of not seeing each other after we first met.

11/08-5/09: We traveled back and forth to visit each other. Love at first (second?) sight!

7/09: Married in Helsinki, Finland...after meeting randomly 21 1/2 years ago and finding each other again!!!!!

8/13/09: I-130 sent!!!!!!!!!

Rest is on my timeline!

Timeline

Yay Mark! I hope Saturday is a great day! I know the waiting sucks...just a few more days, then it's all over with!!!

Our timeline:

2/88: We met in Sydney, Australia at a youth hostel! He's Finnish, I'm American-both were in our early 20s at the time and fresh out of college (so couldn't afford to visit each other's countries after that!). We had a three-day romance, then went our separate ways. He actually was going to Sydney a week later, but decided at the last minute to cut his trip short in another country and go early. Wow.

1988-1998: Wrote "snail mail" letters/sent Xmas cards, but lived our separate lives. I married someone else, divorced in 2006...he lived with someone for years and then that ended.

10/08: Because of a series of random life events, I Googled my Finn Man and found him (but no link to his email, and the website his name was on was in Estonian so I couldn't even read it!). It took me two weeks to find a link to someone else, who forwarded my email to him (we were both single at the time thankfully!!!!). The email went to his spam folder but he happened to check it that day and responded back to me immediately! This was after 10 years of no contact and almost 21 years of not seeing each other after we first met.

11/08-5/09: We traveled back and forth to visit each other. Love at first (second?) sight!

7/09: Married in Helsinki, Finland...after meeting randomly 21 1/2 years ago and finding each other again!!!!!

Rest is on my timeline!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Sounds like they got it!!!! :thumbs::thumbs:

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

POE: JFK New York: 04/18/2010
Receive Green Card in mail: 06/03/2010
Received SSN: 06/17/2010
Received NEW SS CARD: 07/20/2010
(to match GC!)
Got JOB!!: 09/27/2010
Got a better JOB!!: 11/20/2010

ROC Mailed: 02/16/2012
Check cashed: 02/24/2012
NOA received dated for: 02/22/2012
Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012
RFE Response Confirmed: 11/16/2012
Interview at Orlando office: 02/13/2013

2nd RFE!!: 10/03/13

2nd RFE Response: 10/09/2013

Update Biometrics: 10/13/2013 NEVER GOT 10 yr card!

N-400 mailed: 01/21/2014

Biometrics (N-400): 02/21/2014

event.png

Timeline
Sounds like they got it!!!! :thumbs::thumbs:

Yeah. I am pretty sure it's all over, except for the shouting. I just wanted it to be more conclusive. Oh well, it will be come the weekend. Then I will pop the bubbly with my folks. Today, friends have invited me out to hoist a Guinness or two (or three), so I am off...

PS. When my wife was here, she loved, absolutely loved, Guinness. She innocently asked, "Do you think I can get Guinness in Lima?" (The answer appears to be no or maybe with great difficulty.) Anyway, you gotta love a woman who loves a Guinness :)

Timeline
Yeah. I am pretty sure it's all over, except for the shouting. I just wanted it to be more conclusive. Oh well, it will be come the weekend. Then I will pop the bubbly with my folks. Today, friends have invited me out to hoist a Guinness or two (or three), so I am off...

PS. When my wife was here, she loved, absolutely loved, Guinness. She innocently asked, "Do you think I can get Guinness in Lima?" (The answer appears to be no or maybe with great difficulty.) Anyway, you gotta love a woman who loves a Guinness :)

Aww it sounds like you two are really in love!! Congrats again!! :star:

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

(to match GC!)

Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012

event.png

Timeline

Don't forget we're all going out for Guinness (okay, I don't drink beer but I'll drink a pina colada) when our spouses finally get here! My hubby can drink you all under the table! ha!

Our timeline:

Rest is on my timeline!

Timeline
Don't forget we're all going out for Guinness (okay, I don't drink beer but I'll drink a pina colada) when our spouses finally get here! My hubby can drink you all under the table! ha!

Well, what else are you gonna do with all that Finnish cold and darkness?

But, yeah, we will have to pick a date, time and place. :)

Mark

PS. Anyone else in the Puget Sound area is welcome to join us...

Hey guys, for the interview, I don't need to give my wife my most recent W2 right? We sent transcripts to the NVC and the Embassy letter didn't state anything about W2's. Just a little worried here.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
Well, what else are you gonna do with all that Finnish cold and darkness?

But, yeah, we will have to pick a date, time and place. :)

Mark

PS. Anyone else in the Puget Sound area is welcome to join us...

Smoke salmon, pickle herring and sit in Saunas!!!LOL

Hey guys, for the interview, I don't need to give my wife my most recent W2 right? We sent transcripts to the NVC and the Embassy letter didn't state anything about W2's. Just a little worried here.

If you are worried, just scan a copy and e-mail it, your SO can print it out and bring in just in case... But I think you will be OK without it as long as you did not have any issues with nearing the income level...

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Timeline

I thought you didn't need to send in the W2s if you had the transcript from the IRS... :unsure::unsure:

(to match GC!)

Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
I thought you didn't need to send in the W2s if you had the transcript from the IRS... :unsure::unsure:

You dont have to, as long as your income is sufficient it should be fine, but in this process peace of mind is everything and if you worry that your SO does not have something that they might possibly need, then give it to them. My only recommendation is to take a few to show that they have recent income (ince you could not possibly send in transcripts for 2009 as taxes have not been filed. If you have no recent proof of income, then I would bring a few W2s showing that the sponsor is STILL employed (the economy nowdays).

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.