97 posts in this topic

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
One could be on two computers at the same time with two different accounts open. Not that I think this is the case here.

the following are the possiblities:

- same person with two different web browser programs (possible but unlikely - slows down the connection speed - and yes nessa and i have used two different programs at the same time at home, her on ie and me on firefox, it degrades the connection speed) (would stand out like a sore thumb to ewok)

- same person on two computers, same isp (would stand out like a sore thumb to ewok)

- same person on two different computers, different isp (highly unlikely due to the cost involved)

- different people entirely. (most likely)

Edited by charlesandnessa

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

I had an now ex boyfriend who did this on a yahoo chat board. He used two computers, one dsl and one dial up and had a "conversation" with himself to impress a woman. Hard to do but possible and two different ips would show.

But......what was the point of the original post? Just to fire some ppl up?

Timeline
I had an now ex boyfriend who did this on a yahoo chat board. He used two computers, one dsl and one dial up and had a "conversation" with himself to impress a woman. Hard to do but possible and two different ips would show.

there's an easy way to solve the dispute but i'm certain the op won't cooperate.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Timeline

there's an easy way to solve the dispute but i'm certain the op won't cooperate.

I dont think the poster is Algerian for one thing...

I guess posting an ip adress would work..

I think its someone on the boards for sure....

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Thanks! I was just curious since it was brought up.

It wasnt brought up.. It was INSINUATED by someone on the boards

I think it is a poster and unless she can answer all 3 questions I am 100 percent sure she is NOT Algerian

Wait a minute- back up. You DON'T think she's Algerian? :o

One could be on two computers at the same time with two different accounts open. Not that I think this is the case here.

- same person with two different web browser programs (possible but unlikely - slows down the connection speed - and yes nessa and i have used two different programs at the same time at home, her on ie and me on firefox, it degrades the connection speed) (would stand out like a sore thumb to ewok)

- same person on two computers, same isp (would stand out like a sore thumb to ewok)

- same person on two different computers, different isp (highly unlikely due to the cost involved)

Or he/she/it has created an alt and uses one at home and one at work. Harder to see.

*eta* or uses a proxy and the same computer. Can be detected if looked for.

Edited by LoriLawless

Since we're already off-topic, I was just wondering--can someone not make two identities and be online with them at the same time? Or does the site block that some how? I'm on a site that blocks that kind of thing to prevent trolling, etc, so I was curious if this was like that as well.

It would be easy enough to do. Two browsers, one fed through a proxy, two accounts. But more likely that it's separate people.

I'm sort of liking the prove you're Algerian test by asking questions easily found on google.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Since we're already off-topic, I was just wondering--can someone not make two identities and be online with them at the same time? Or does the site block that some how? I'm on a site that blocks that kind of thing to prevent trolling, etc, so I was curious if this was like that as well.

It would be easy enough to do. Two browsers, one fed through a proxy, two accounts.

Just after I edited my post I saw yours. :lol:

Timeline

Or he/she/it has created an alt and uses one at home and one at work. Harder to see.

*eta* or uses a proxy and the same computer. Can be detected if looked for.

given the technical expertise i've seen in this regional forum, i doubt that more than a handfull have a clue what you said :lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
I'm sort of liking the prove you're Algerian test by asking questions easily found on google.

I accidentally left my thesis data at home, so since it's a slow day at work this is giving me something to do. :)

Yeah, I knew it could be done, I just wasn't sure if VJ outright shut down double accounts or not. I figured not because you can just join in a sec, so there isn't any time for an admin to check you out beforehand. Meh. Not something I'm particularly interested in. Running around the world is cooler :)

given the technical expertise i've seen in this regional forum, i doubt that more than a handfull have a clue what you said :lol:

I was thinking more work than the average person (or troll) wants to go through.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Timeline
:girlwerewolf2xn: VJ SHEESH!

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

It would be easy enough to do. Two browsers, one fed through a proxy, two accounts. But more likely that it's separate people.

nope... these questions would only be known by someone Algerian or who had lived there... If someone American asks their husband... they will know.. LOL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.