rika60607

Successful CR-1 interview in Paris

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

So here is my review (while memory is fresh):

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star: Five stars to the embassy in Paris!..

IV appointments start at 1 pm, but the guards will let you in if you are a little early - so no need to que in the cold (or rain). If you brought food/drink/any electronic equipment with you - it will be checked in and you can have it back on your way out.

I got inside a waiting room and took a ticket (my place in virtual line, I was first). I was called to the windows three times:

1 - turn in my ticket number and appointment letter.

2 - hand in one by one all the documents listed in packet four. I was also asked to show my French residency card - Titre de Sejour. The lady was French and very nice and thorough. She seemed to be surprised that I had everything right. :lol: I was also asked if I or my husband have children and if we had previous marriages.

3 - interview with consul. I was asked 5 questions: How long have you been married? How long have you known each other? How did you meet? What is you profession? Why do you want to live in the US?

My answers were found satisfactory ;)

I was not asked to show ANY evidence of ongoing relationship, although I brought in like 6 pounds of it. I am sure the consul saw my many folders... and made a wise choice not to get too close to it :lol:

She said "we have everything we need to approve your visa, you will receive it in 7-10 days and do you have any questions?"

With that we happily parted our ways...

Thank you VJ!

Rika

CR-1 Timeline

March'07 NOA1 date, case transferred to CSC

June'07 NOA2 per USCIS website!

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Jan'10 10 year GC received.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congratulations! :D

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
So here is my review (while memory is fresh):

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star: Five stars to the embassy in Paris!..

IV appointments start at 1 pm, but the guards will let you in if you are a little early - so no need to que in the cold (or rain). If you brought food/drink/any electronic equipment with you - it will be checked in and you can have it back on your way out.

I got inside a waiting room and took a ticket (my place in virtual line, I was first). I was called to the windows three times:

1 - turn in my ticket number and appointment letter.

2 - hand in one by one all the documents listed in packet four. I was also asked to show my French residency card - Titre de Sejour. The lady was French and very nice and thorough. She seemed to be surprised that I had everything right. :lol: I was also asked if I or my husband have children and if we had previous marriages.

3 - interview with consul. I was asked 5 questions: How long have you been married? How long have you known each other? How did you meet? What is you profession? Why do you want to live in the US?

My answers were found satisfactory ;)

I was not asked to show ANY evidence of ongoing relationship, although I brought in like 6 pounds of it. I am sure the consul saw my many folders... and made a wise choice not to get too close to it :lol:

She said "we have everything we need to approve your visa, you will receive it in 7-10 days and do you have any questions?"

With that we happily parted our ways...

Thank you VJ!

Rika

I am happy for you...But didn't you have to give fingerprints or anything like that?

Congratulations!!

I-130 PETITION

May-11-07 Mailed I-130 to CSC

Sept-14-07 I-130 APPROVED!!!!..after 100 days!

NVC Process

Sept-24-07 NVC rec'd case/assigned number

Jan-04-08 NVC CASE COMPLETE

USEM

Feb-14-2008 INTERVIEW IN USEManila APPROVED!!!

Feb-19-2008 Visa in HAND!! Wohoo!!!

IN TEXAS

Feb-28-2008 POE DFW

Mar-24-2008 Receive Green Card on Mail..

REMOVING CONDITIONS NOV..

Jan-11-2010 Mailed I-175 to VSC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Sorry, yes,

I had to give fingerprints - there was a little scanner at the third window and consul took my prints before asking the five questions.

Rika

I am happy for you...But didn't you have to give fingerprints or anything like that?

CR-1 Timeline

March'07 NOA1 date, case transferred to CSC

June'07 NOA2 per USCIS website!

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Jan'10 10 year GC received.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Congratulations! Glad to see it's all over now!

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.