trailmix

When awaiting case complete

30 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Trailmix,

I never spoke to an operator. I just called everyday and listened to the automated message. Oct 15th was when the last documents were entered into the NVC system and the on Oct 26th (Friday) the automated message had changed andto say the file had been completed on Oct 25th and to wait 8 weeks for further instructions.

S

03/01/07 Mailed I-130 priority post to Nebraska.

06/19/07 Approved!!!

07/10/07 NVC assigned case #.

10/25/07 NVC Case Complete!!!!

01/22/08 Original Monreal interview- requested to reschedule, told 3-4 month wait.

04/17/08 Interview in Montreal

04/21/08 Received VISA package

06/24/08 Crossed border

07/26/08 Received conditional greencard

07/28/08 Received SSN in mail (went down and applied in person 07/14/08)

08/11/08 Infopass appointment to request 10yr greencard instead of conditional. Mailed out 1-90 with support.

09/25/08 Received case # for I-90

02/17/09 Received 10yr greencard!!! WOOHOO

Any good news yet trailmix? ^_^

IR-1

Immigration Process

2007-02-22 **I-130 Sent to VSC

2007-07-02 **I-130 APPROVED at USCIS- CSC

2007-10-10 **CASE COMPLETED at NVC

2007-11-15 **INTERVIEW DATE. APPROVED at USEM!!!

USA

2007-12-02 **Arrival from MNL to JFK (NYC)

2007-12-10 **Visit to SSA

.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Hey guys :blush: Well I'm in the same situation as You are..Our DS-230 was entered into system on 2 of November..Message is still the same..Of course I'm also waiting to hear "case complete", but most of all I'm afraid to hear again that they are missing something, because it will take much more longer to finish with them as Christmas is comming :unsure: although we sent everything they asked , but you know how they are working- loosing docs and so on..As i know they are changing messages on Tuesday so if till till that time they wont change ours to " missing" info I can say i'll be happy.. :) Good luck to You all :thumbs:

Timeline

No news yet, I called again last night - same message.

The person I spoke to a couple of weeks ago said it could be escalated on Nov 9th - because the documents were really there on October 3rd (the ones I resent over a week ago now) sooo if no change in the message by Tuesday I will ask them to do that.

Actually Monday isn't actually a statutory holiday in the U.S. is it? Anyone know if Gov. offices are open Monday?

Is that a good sign? :unsure: Yes, Monday is a holiday, since banks are also closed that day.

The person I spoke to a couple of weeks ago said it could be escalated on Nov 9th - because the documents were really there on October 3rd (the ones I resent over a week ago now) sooo if no change in the message by Tuesday I will ask them to do that.

Actually Monday isn't actually a statutory holiday in the U.S. is it? Anyone know if Gov. offices are open Monday?

IR-1

Immigration Process

2007-02-22 **I-130 Sent to VSC

2007-07-02 **I-130 APPROVED at USCIS- CSC

2007-10-10 **CASE COMPLETED at NVC

2007-11-15 **INTERVIEW DATE. APPROVED at USEM!!!

USA

2007-12-02 **Arrival from MNL to JFK (NYC)

2007-12-10 **Visit to SSA

.png

Timeline
Is that a good sign? :unsure: Yes, Monday is a holiday, since banks are also closed that day.

I don't know haha. Could be they are reviewing it. Could be that whomever has it didn't appreciate me sending info without the correct RFE coversheet - could be it's still just sitting there collecting dust (or not, since it may be at the bottom of a pile).

:)

Filed: Country: Wales
Timeline

It is a Holiday for government employees, so unfortunately one more extra day of delay for us.

Although my DS-3032 was generated on Labor Day, so that process seems to take place on all Mondays of the year, even on Holidays.

I don't know haha. Could be they are reviewing it. Could be that whomever has it didn't appreciate me sending info without the correct RFE coversheet - could be it's still just sitting there collecting dust (or not, since it may be at the bottom of a pile).

:)

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you trailmix. The NVC voice recording says it received our AOS checklist last Nov 7. I'll give them another call on the 17th, keeping my fingers crossed that its finally a case complete :)

mikeandlani

our Visa Journey

09.01.06 - Filed I130 to VSC

05.21.07 - NOA2

06.19.07 - NVC receives Petition

11.23.07 - CASE COMPLETE

01.30.08 - USEM Interview

02.02.08 - CR1 Visa Received

03.03.08 - Entered US through Detroit International

03.27.08 - Received 2yr Conditional Resident Card

04.01.08 - Filed for my SSN at the local SSA office

04.05.08 - SSN received by mail

05.03.08 - Finally got my Driver's License

lifting conditions....

I-I-751

12.07.09 - Sent I-751 to VSC by express mail

12.08.09 - I-751 delivered to VSC per USPS tracking :-)

12.09.09 - NOA1 date (Checked cashed :-D)

12.14.09 - Received NOA1

12.18.09 - ASC Appointment Notice Date

12.26.09 - Received ASC Appointment Notice

12.31.09 - Early Biometrics

01.14.10 - Biometrics Schedule

02.26.10 - Email update --Card Production ordered

03.02.10 - Email update --Approval Notice sent

03.06.10 - Approval Notice Received

03.08.10 - Card Received

Naturalization

I-N400

09.09.11 - Sent N400 to USCIS Dallas Lockbox

09.23.11 - Received 1-797 by mail

11.17.11 - Biometrics Schedule

01.25.12 - Received Interview and Exam Notice by mail

02.28.12 - Interview schedule

03.28.12 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Well I called again today, no update, however at least now it has been escalated. I wasn't going to get off the phone until it was!

Had a very nice operator, which is good - but of course it is the "10 to 15 days for the supervisor to review it" thing.

Oh well, hopefully that won't be needed and they will just approve it this week. They have now had all the information for 5 weeks!! I just think they didn't know it.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Just to keep each other company I am also in the same boat, on November 8th they acknowledged receiving the DS230 and checklist. I was really hoping that they might complete the case so my Swede could have his interview set this week and not have to wait until the second week in December, but I know it is overly wishful thinking. I worry about additional delays due to the fact that it recently switched over to the NVC setting the interviews instead of the consulate itself. When my husband called to get information from the consulate they didn't even seem aware that things gave changed... uugggghhhh... atleast its almost over - I hope!! I am trying to call tonight to check on it but can't even get to the automated system. Good lcuk and lets keep eachother informed of the progress :whistle:

Well I called again today, no update, however at least now it has been escalated. I wasn't going to get off the phone until it was!

Had a very nice operator, which is good - but of course it is the "10 to 15 days for the supervisor to review it" thing.

Oh well, hopefully that won't be needed and they will just approve it this week. They have now had all the information for 5 weeks!! I just think they didn't know it.

Timeline
Just to keep each other company I am also in the same boat, on November 8th they acknowledged receiving the DS230 and checklist. I was really hoping that they might complete the case so my Swede could have his interview set this week and not have to wait until the second week in December, but I know it is overly wishful thinking. I worry about additional delays due to the fact that it recently switched over to the NVC setting the interviews instead of the consulate itself. When my husband called to get information from the consulate they didn't even seem aware that things gave changed... uugggghhhh... atleast its almost over - I hope!! I am trying to call tonight to check on it but can't even get to the automated system. Good lcuk and lets keep eachother informed of the progress :whistle:

Yes, tad annoyed here (actually I'm really angry at this point). But anyway, I understand your frustration about the interview. The thing with Montreal is it takes around 6 months to get an interview, so basically I was just hoping we could at least get in the line haha.

Let's keep in touch, definately - let me know when you get out of NVC!

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I found out today that my husband was scheduled for an interview in Stockholm Sweden January 2nd!!!!! I hope everyone else's interviews are set up as soon as possible! Finally out of the NVC... WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!

Good luck to all!

Yes, tad annoyed here (actually I'm really angry at this point). But anyway, I understand your frustration about the interview. The thing with Montreal is it takes around 6 months to get an interview, so basically I was just hoping we could at least get in the line haha.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
I found out today that my husband was scheduled for an interview in Stockholm Sweden January 2nd!!!!! I hope everyone else's interviews are set up as soon as possible! Finally out of the NVC... WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!

Good luck to all!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Ukraine

Marriage : 2006-11-02

I-130 Sent : 2006-12-11

2008-05-16 CR-1 visa issued

2008-05-20 recieved visa

2008-05-31 I arrived at JFK (took me 1hour and a half to be out of the airport with a stamp in my passport)

10 year GC

2010-03-06 I-751 sent

2010-03-09 NOA-1

2010-03-10 check cashed

2010-4-12 Bio (done early 3-29)

2010-6-3 card production ordered

2010-6-19 10 year GC recieved

N-400

2011-3-28 application sent via express mail to LEWISVILLE TX SC

2011-3-29 application recieved

2011-4-20 early BIO

2011-6-16 interview

2011-7-29 Oath

Automated Message Sucks!!! I have submitted my DS-230 yesterday and Automated Message is still saying that my I-864 was reviewed and they have found something was missing or incomplete and sent me a checklist.

The missing docs was my IV payment.. Which I already paid!! and cleared it with the Live Operator..

So I don't recommend the Automated Message..

IR-1 Visa for Wife

NVC Case Complete = January 2, 2008

Received Packet 4 here in the US (Interview Packet) = January 18, 2008

Case Left NVC Forwarded to USEM Manila = January 23, 2008

SLEC Medical = Jan 31 and Feb 1, 2008 (2 days)

USEM Manila Interview = February 20, 2008 @ 8:30am = DONE! (Status: 2 Months wait is over APPROVED)

CFO Guidance & Counseling = April 17, 2008

Visa in Hand = April 18, 2008 (Our Wedding Anniversary)

Arrival in the US and POE = April 23, 2008 JFK Intl. Airport New York City

Social Security Card = May 2, 2008

Green Card in Hand = August 18,2008

I feel for you. We are in the same place, but have not been waiting as long as you. The limbo is awful, and they must instruct them to say nothing. Hang in there!

On a related point, why has it become so difficult for Canadians?

Ok well I spoke with the slightly grouchy operator and she said 'it is under review' and I said is there any way to tell if they are actually looking at it now or if it is still just sitting there.

She said 'there is no way to tell if it is physically in their hands right now'.

That was sarcastic - but not helpful :hehe:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.