Happy_Heart

number of visits of a fiancee

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Greetings of peace to everyone in here!! My fiance visited me once in the Philippines....is this okey to the consular officer for me to be approved or does he needs to visit me again ? Thanks to all ....God mercy endures forever!!

God ways are higher than our ways and God thoughts are higher than our thoughts....through Christ all things are possible.....Jesus loves us all!!

March 20, 2007 ---------------First meeting in CherryBlossoms.com

April 7 - 14 , 2007-------------First visit of Ken to Hermily at Bacolod City

April 14, 200 -----------------Ken and Hermily are engaged to be married

June 20, 2007----------------- I-129F Sent

June 28, 2007 -----------------NOA 1

Oct. 29 - Nov. 4, 2007--------Second visit Ken to Hermily at Bacolod City

January 17, 2008--------------NOA 2 ( notice of approval )

April 3 & 4, 2008 --------------Medical Exam ( thank God Ive done it once only ) Praise God!!

April 21, 2008 -----------------Delbros forwarded my name to NSO

April 22, 2008 -----------------Interview ( visa is approved ) Praise God to that again!!

May 5, 2008 ------------------Visa Received ( Thank you Lord Jesus..... )

May 14, 2008------------------US Entry

June 2, 2008-----------------Wedding

Vl5k.jpg.png

73480231.jpg

Greetings of peace to everyone in here!! My fiance visited me once in the Philippines....is this okey to the consular officer for me to be approved or does he needs to visit me again ? Thanks to all ....God mercy endures forever!!

Ken-Hermily,

The requirement is that you have met your fiancé In Person Within The Last Two (2) Years - so if you did, then it is okay... :thumbs:

Ahmed and I had only met once when we filed. I visited him again shortly after the interview, but the main requirement is that you've met within the last 2 years.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Ahmed and I had only met once when we filed. I visited him again shortly after the interview, but the main requirement is that you've met within the last 2 years.

While only "meeting" is required, the Consular officer will be making a judgment as to whether the relationship is bona fide. That decision is no simply a judgment of "Have they met in person in the last two years?" USCIS has already made that determination. Additional visits are not part of any requirement but they go a long way toward showing a bona fide relationship. Couples are well advised to look at their own cases like a stranger might. Would the stranger see a bona fide ongoing relationship? If so, fine. If not, then make the necessary adjustments to behavior and evidence collection to change complete the picture.

Certainly people with only one visit are approved every day in Manila and elsewhere, but it sure looks more bona fide to have more visits, even if the second one is at the time of the interview. Evidence of bona fide relationship is not about meeting some published minimum requirement. It's judgment call by a human.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Once is enough to meet the basic requirement. More is better. You may get more questioning about your relationship if you only met in person once.

Why don't you see if you can talk him into visiting you again anyway? If he loves you he should be willing to do that for you. ;)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

More is always better, but if you can't you can't, as long as you can prove relationship and that you have met in person within two (2) years of before filing your application you should be alright.

Ramos

da thread killa

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I am one who believes that more is better :thumbs:

I second this sentiment.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

More is always better, but if you can't you can't, as long as you can prove relationship and that you have met in person within two (2) years of before filing your application you should be alright.

Ramos

If they can only visit once I suggest they really beef up the supporting documentation of an ongoing relationship. Even though I had been to visit Claudeth several times she still took a lot of documentation to the interview.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

will be great if he visits you right before the interview or on the interview,i been asked when i saw my fiancee last and since he left week before interview,they liked my respond.but for filing its ok to meet once.

Also depends for how long you stayed together for his visit.good luck!

Filed: Timeline

Once is enough to meet the basic requirement. More is better. You may get more questioning about your relationship if you only met in person once.

Why don't you see if you can talk him into visiting you again anyway? If he loves you he should be willing to do that for you. ;)

hey man that wasn't needed. :angry: there may be some financial issues preventing a second visit.

ken-hermily....like others have said.....1 is the basic requirement, but 2 or more will look better to the consular officers and may make the interview a little easier.

7yqZWFL.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
I am one who believes that more is better :thumbs:

I second this sentiment.

I third it, more is better, especially if the benificary is from a high visa fraud country. but its all down to finances, vacation time i guess and the ability to get tourist visas. For Chinese for example to be granted a tourist visa to visit is about as rare as finding rocking horse droppings. So the USC has to do all the travelling and as you know the USA is not big on vacation time.

Nov 2nd 2006 met online

June 28th 2007 sent 1-129f to NSC

July 11th 2007 NOA-1 received date on NOA-1 (now at CSC)

July 19th 2007 NAO 1 Reciept date on NOA-1

Nov 21st 2007 NOA-2

Dec 13th 2007 - arrives at NVC

Dec 20th 2007 - leaves NVC on route to GUZ

March 10th 2008- P3 sent & returned

April 9th 2008- P-4

May 22nd 2008 interview

Tracking:

Filing to Noa -1 -13 days

NOA-1 to NOA-2 - 133 days

NOA-2 to NVC - 22 days

NVC Processing - 7 days

NVC to GUZ - 81 days

P-3 to interview - 73 days

Interview to visa - 10 days

Filing to visa- 341 days

hey man that wasn't needed. :angry: there may be some financial issues preventing a second visit.

ken-hermily....like others have said.....1 is the basic requirement, but 2 or more will look better to the consular officers and may make the interview a little easier.

I think Gary is just trying to make a joke, at least that is the way I took it.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
Hi everyone!! thank you for sending me good messages....My palangga and I will be together hopefully this oct 27, 2007 again....always remember that God ways is higher than our ways and God thoughts is higher than our thoughts.....God loves us all!! :innocent:

God ways are higher than our ways and God thoughts are higher than our thoughts....through Christ all things are possible.....Jesus loves us all!!

March 20, 2007 ---------------First meeting in CherryBlossoms.com

April 7 - 14 , 2007-------------First visit of Ken to Hermily at Bacolod City

April 14, 200 -----------------Ken and Hermily are engaged to be married

June 20, 2007----------------- I-129F Sent

June 28, 2007 -----------------NOA 1

Oct. 29 - Nov. 4, 2007--------Second visit Ken to Hermily at Bacolod City

January 17, 2008--------------NOA 2 ( notice of approval )

April 3 & 4, 2008 --------------Medical Exam ( thank God Ive done it once only ) Praise God!!

April 21, 2008 -----------------Delbros forwarded my name to NSO

April 22, 2008 -----------------Interview ( visa is approved ) Praise God to that again!!

May 5, 2008 ------------------Visa Received ( Thank you Lord Jesus..... )

May 14, 2008------------------US Entry

June 2, 2008-----------------Wedding

Vl5k.jpg.png

73480231.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello,

My opinion is that "more is always better!" For that reason and the fact that I am "loco en enamorado con mi esposa, I have been to Colombia at least 10 times in 2007. My passport had so many pages stamped from Colombia that I had to get another passport! :wacko:

There are always financial issues as to whether visits are affordable or feasible. The consular officer making "the call" is going to judge your "relationship" on individual merits of your case...not just on the fact of meeting the one visit requirement. I would recommend you bolster your case with many e-mails, love cards, photo exchanges and phone records.

There is always the... "So, you only met one time in person and you are in love and want to marry this person? scenario. And, some validity exists to their reasoning. But, it is up to YOU to prove your relationship is real and ongoing. Good luck on your VISA Journey.

Sincerely,

Craig

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.