Jaseball

Political Leanings

34 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

This place seems rife with political commentary with the typical labels and stereotypes. It would be interesting to see the viewpoints of such out spoken members on various topics to see if the labels fit or if there are people who step outside the typical party line.

Rules:

1) Only post 1x with your viewpoints on listed topics

2) Do not make comments on other people's posts or view points. See rule #1

-----------------------------

Abortion:

Pro Abortion here. I believe a woman should be able to evaluate her situation and make the decision based on all available data. I don't believe in late term abortion and feel 3 months or less should be enough time to decide.

Gun Control:

If a person has no felony convictions, passes psych and firearms training, is registered, US citizen, and maintains a license I feel they should be allowed to carry a hand gun concealed and own any firearm.

Stem Cell Research:

I strongly support this research and believe the treatments and possible cures and disease fighting treatments could create incredible advances that would help a great deal of people.

Religion/God:

Agnostic here. Believe in a higher power, but don't believe in any one deity or believe religion as an institution of man should dictate how my life should be lived. I believe how you live your life is more important than what religion you prescribe to.

Immigration:

No amnesty for lawbreakers. Deport illegals. Tighten border control. Create labor work visa program.

Governmental duties:

Stop deficit spending and screwing the next generation. Strengthen our own country, help our own citizens, invest in our own infrastructure first. Streamline bureaucracy and get their agencies into the modern age and use IT for control, speed, and efficiency.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Abortion:

Pro choice

Gun Control:

no issue..illinois has a gun card law and i ahve one. i own a gun and always have.

Stem Cell Research:

I strongly support

Religion/God:

Muslim here..son is Jewish.. have been a follower when younger of Indian religion pratices.especially Plaians tribes..been to many swets and taken part in kiva

Immigration:

no issue with immigration except to speed it up for those wanting to bring a loved one here..for illegals....i do not ahte them or see them as criminals

Governmental duties:

protect and serve it's citizens..

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

In Brazil we learn that there are 3 things never to be discussed, and they are: religion, politics and futebol (soccer as you americans call)

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Timeline

Abortion:

pro choice. it's a woman's decision.

Gun Control:

no felony convictions, even those removed later (yes some states do remove felony convictions). course and state registration only required for cch. no to license, psych evaluation, or firearm training for owning a firearm with the exception of yes to special requirements for owning an automatic firearm. no you cannot own a functional bazooka.

Stem Cell Research:

stem cell research only as long as it does not include testing from aborted fetuses as i feel that is a slippery slope.

Religion/God:

believe in god. see nothing is wrong with the 10 commandments displayed in court. see nothing wrong with celebrating christmas as christmas.

Immigration:

no amnesty for lawbreakers. deport illegals. tighten border control and impose steeper fines for those who knowingly hire illegals. no labor work visa program as i believe they'll just jump ship when it suits them and we can't find the 12-20 million we already have here.

Governmental duties:

smaller is better, downsize and get rid of the bloated bureaucracy. require more efficiency and a balanced budget. share data between agencies like social security, homeland security, and the irs to find illegals. go after id thiefs. increase fines on soft drugs but no jail time as we already have prison overcrowding. bring back hard labor in prisons. do away with cable tv and unnecessary amenities in those prisons as it's a prison not a summer camp. require congressional payraises to be put on the ballot rather than voted on and passed by congress.

Edited by charlesandnessa

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Abortion: Pro choice, not pro abortion. Woman should have the right to chose. However, strongly against partial birth abortions.

gun control: no felony convictions, safety course, psych eval. registration is a waste of time and money though

stem cell research: all for it. i dont understand how anyone could be against this. no problem with using aborted fetuses either as long as they weren't aborted just for the research

religion: leave me alone and i'll leave it alone

immigration: no amnesty, deport illegals, remove the "born in the usa makes you a citizen" thing

govt: STOP SPENDING ON BULLSHIT! Fix the problems at home before causing problems elsewhere

Timeline
remove the "born in the usa makes you a citizen" thing

i'd forgotten about that one. add it to mine too! :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
remove the "born in the usa makes you a citizen" thing

i'd forgotten about that one. add it to mine too! :thumbs:

what? we agree on something? lol you must be turning liberal.

of course, that would only work on people who's parents are not citizens or legal immigrants

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Abortion: pro-life

Religion: roman catholic

Gun control: (still forming my opinion).

Stem cell research: in favor

Immigration: I'm the non USC. but I have to say I feel bad when I hear stories about people who formed significant ties to the country but are caught up in immigration problems because of someone elses wrong doing (ex, persons who are brought to the US by their parents while young...their choices are so limited :( )

Governmental duties: To ensure all habitants have access to basic human rights is for me top priority.

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Abortion: Only in the case of incest and rape. To many things out there to keep unwanted pregnancies from happening.

Religion: I beleive in god and or something much much greater than myself.

Gun control: To many whackos out there not to have one. Love my .45!

Stem cell research: Nope.

Immigration: Pretty sore subject for me. If you aint got the papers GET THE HE!! OUT. I approve of one-way ticket funding from the government. All government apps. need to be in english only, I think thats the language here, hmm maybe not.

Government duties: Roads and security. The rest can be trimmed to the nub. Pay for politicians should be about 50000 a year, no more than that. This way most of them wouldnt be making a career out of politics and only the ones who truly want to serve, would.

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Abortion:

Gun Control:

no felony convictions, even those removed later (yes some states do remove felony convictions). course and state registration only required for cch. no to license, psych evaluation, or firearm training for owning a firearm with the exception of yes to special requirements for owning an automatic firearm. no you cannot own a functional bazooka.

Stem Cell Research:

stem cell research only as long as it does not include testing from aborted fetuses as i feel that is a slippery slope.

Religion/God:

believe in god. see nothing is wrong with the 10 commandments displayed in court. see nothing wrong with celebrating christmas as christmas.

Immigration:

no amnesty for lawbreakers. deport illegals. tighten border control and impose steeper fines for those who knowingly hire illegals. no labor work visa program as i believe they'll just jump ship when it suits them and we can't find the 12-20 million we already have here.

Governmental duties:

smaller is better, downsize and get rid of the bloated bureaucracy. require more efficiency and a balanced budget. share data between agencies like social security, homeland security, and the irs to find illegals. go after id thiefs. increase fines on soft drugs but no jail time as we already have prison overcrowding. bring back hard labor in prisons. do away with cable tv and unnecessary amenities in those prisons as it's a prison not a summer camp. require congressional payraises to be put on the ballot rather than voted on and passed by congress.

good stuff there..we are not so far part politically as i thought

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Timeline
Abortion:

Gun Control:

Stem Cell Research:

Religion/God:

Immigration:

Governmental duties:

good stuff there..we are not so far part politically as i thought

well my thoughts on abortion probably make me a liberal anyways :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

:o *faints*

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

Timeline

:o *faints*

call 911! :D

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Abortion: I'm against aborting a fetus as a form of birth control, but I don't think the government should interfere or criminally charge a woman who chooses to do so.

Gun Control: I support the right to own a gun provided there is a background check and I think it's reasonable to ban certain weapons.

Stem Cell Research: Fully support it.

Religion/God: Roman Catholic. Big believer in separation of church and state, freedom of religion and freedom from religion.

Immigration: Offer temporary work visas to those illegals here who have been here 3 years or longer, with no criminal record and offer a pathway towards citizenship. Reform immigration to make it easier for companies to sponsor unskilled laborers.

Governmental duties: The Constitution of the United States of America (I believe the Constitution defines this nation)

We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.