Angie Y Shane

This is what's going on.

112 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I have a friend that works for the Department of Home Land Security. I have been trying and trying to make contact with him for the last three months. I finally got through. This is what was said to me about what is going on. This is a fact i would not say anything else in less i knew for sure. This news is some what relief but frustrating. I'm writing a letter now to my congress to put the pressure on the USCIS. The problem is I need more people to step up too? :help:

USCIS was holding a gun at the head of Congress to get the fee hikes approved. Either pass the fee hikes or we'll sit on our duffs! So Congress approved the fee hike (under serious protest). The first attempt by USCIS failed.

In preparation for this, USCIS published document called "Transformation." This was a clever ploy to be able to pass out excuses for delays. And implementing, whatever they are doing, had caused the delays, not to mention, building their bureaucracy and power!

There are 5 regional service centers (or were). In the last six or so months, they've passed on the K and Relative visa case load from 4 of the service centers to California. Imagine the added work load and training that had to be done by the California Center. They've been running 6 months or so in just approving the petitions.

In shuffling the cases from Texas, Nebraska, then Missouri and eventually Vermont, to California, has caused longer and longer delays and even in simply getting to a case to cash the checks and send out receipts!!

Just recently, they assigned Vermont to take some of the backlog off California's back. More transition delays in cashing checks and sending out receipts! I have yet to see any improvement in processing time.

If you'll look at the USCIS reports, you'll notice they are ignoring the I-129F stats on the K3 visa. You'll also notice the I-130 reports indicate nothing since they include 2nd., and 3rd., preference cases filed by Permanent Residents (not U.S. Citizens). In other words, they are hiding their information!

These shuffled and reshuffled cases are eventually making it to an adjudicator's desk as we see. But it's scary meanwhile since no one is talking. But keep in mind, they are in fact, under the gun, and eventually they have to get to each case. They are in effect, shooting themselves in the foot while justifying a greater empire. The public is slooowly waking up and screaming! That's one thing the killed the Amnesty Bill. :unsure:

Edited by whitteds

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thanks for the helpful info!

It does sheds some light on our lately being painful process, and unfortunately shows no hope for improving it in the near future... People, more letters , more voices, Please!!!

My timeline:

K-1 visa

05 - 16 - 2007 - Sending off of my I-129F package

10 - 16 - 2007-Got NOA2 !!!!

12 - 11 - 2007 Interview date

K1 visa -APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

January 15, 2008 -married

Submitted docs for AOS ...but ,very unfortunately, my husband had to return back to Ukraine due to emergency without travel document (AP)

Starting K3 process ......

back to the waiting game...

K-3 route

07-10-2008-I-130 sent

07-15-2008-Check cashed

07-16-2008-NOA1 at CSC

07-21-2008-Hard copy of NOA1

07-23-2008-129F sent

07-27-2008-129F received at Chicago lock box (sent by mistake there instead of CSC)..

08-12-2008 I-130 NOA 2 !!!!!!!!!

08-16-2008-I-130 NOA2 hard copy

NVC

08-19-2008 Case is in NVC (Changed my mind and now going CR1 route)

08-21-2008 Got IIN

08-26-2008 Paid AOS Bill online

08-26-2008-Sent DS3032 by mail

08-28-2008 AOS shows as Paid

08-29-2008-AOS package sent USPS overnight

08-29-2008 Paid IV bill online

08-30-2008 IV Bill shows as Paid

09-02-2008 AOS package recieved

09-03-2008 DS230 sent USPS overnight

09-05-2008 Both AOS and DS230 entered in the system

09-12-2008- CASE COMPLETE!!!!! 23 days for NVC ?? !!!! YESSS!!!!

10-29-2008-INTERVIEW!!!!-PASSED!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I read somewhere that another reason was due to staff being temporarily assigned to passport applications. There has been a huge backlog of passport applications this summer and DHS needed extra workers to help clear up the backlog, which was accomplished just a couple weeks ago. I am only assuming that there may be some overlap in that regard because the report said they used staff from other DHS agencies.

If there is any reason to be optomistic that processing times should revert to the mean, it is twofold: The passport backlog crisis is over and the fee hike has been in effect for almost 2 months now... Congress expects USCIS to hold up their end of the bargain when they got the fee hikes they asked for. It takes a while to get new staff up to speed but they should be getting going by about now, also the traditional vacation period is summer so more staff should be logging hours this fall. We'll see.

Visa took too long, grew apart and withdrew visa after six months.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
I read somewhere that another reason was due to staff being temporarily assigned to passport applications. There has been a huge backlog of passport applications this summer and DHS needed extra workers to help clear up the backlog, which was accomplished just a couple weeks ago. I am only assuming that there may be some overlap in that regard because the report said they used staff from other DHS agencies.

If there is any reason to be optomistic that processing times should revert to the mean, it is twofold: The passport backlog crisis is over and the fee hike has been in effect for almost 2 months now... Congress expects USCIS to hold up their end of the bargain when they got the fee hikes they asked for. It takes a while to get new staff up to speed but they should be getting going by about now, also the traditional vacation period is summer so more staff should be logging hours this fall. We'll see.

I sure hopes this happens sooner rather than later because in the interim, we and our loves are the ones that suffer.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Surprise, surprise.....more games and more lies.

We simply CAN NOT sit by idle and let this continue!!!!

More good news for us (being sarcastic)--> http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/Li...aFS_19Sep07.pdf

If I'm reading this correctly, yet again, VSC has been designated as the dumping site for more applications that will take priority over our K-1's and K-3's. If I'm wrong (and I hope I am) somebody please tell me.

Really, the more I think about it, the more I just want to leave this country to be with my SO until this is all over. Everyday that passes is one more day that has been STOLEN from us!!!!...and at this point, I am more than angry.

The way I see it, there are two choices:

1.) Let the anger eat at you until you explode -or-

2.) Harness that anger and turn it into positive action to force some change

NOA 2: 04-02-2008-->SECOND Petition approved

07-31-08- Entered the U.S.

09-17-08- Married

10-29-08: File AOS, EAD, AP

01-15-09: EAD Approved

02-26-09: Biometrics Appt.

03-07-09: EAD card received via mail

03-20-09: AOS approved

03-28-09: Greencard arrives via mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline

More good news for us (being sarcastic)--> http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/Li...aFS_19Sep07.pdf

If I'm reading this correctly, yet again, VSC has been designated as the dumping site for more applications that will take priority over our K-1's and K-3's. If I'm wrong (and I hope I am) somebody please tell me.

Really, the more I think about it, the more I just want to leave this country to be with my SO until this is all over. Everyday that passes is one more day that has been STOLEN from us!!!!...and at this point, I am more than angry.

Yes, you misread this, it clearly states on the top of page 2 there is no application or registration required. This decision will have no bearing on the K1 application process.

Edited by nyblubird

5/1/2007 ~ NOA1

8/22/2007 ~ RFE

9/10/2007 ~ NOA2 APPROVED!!

10/15/2007 ~ Arrived at NVC

10/17/2007 ~ Left NVC

11/6/2007 ~ Interview APPROVED!!

11/19/2007 ~ Arrive in US!

12/08/2007 ~ Married!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Oh Boy! I just hope they get things moving right away! I miss my sweetie desperately!

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Yes, you misread this, it clearly states on the top of page 2 there is no application or registration required. This decision will have no bearing on the K1 application process.

Thanks NYBird, but did you see this small section?

"Persons who did not request an EAD under TPS who now wish to receive one, or who wish to apply for a replacement of a lost, stolen, or mutilated EAD, must file Form I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization). Follow the instructions to the form carefully. However, please submit that form, and all supporting documentation, to the Vermont Service Center, 75 Lower Welden Street, St. Albans, Vermont 05479-0001."

This is what caught my attention, so while it may not be many, there are some who will be sending their documents into VSC. They already have enough to do.

What do you think?

NOA 2: 04-02-2008-->SECOND Petition approved

07-31-08- Entered the U.S.

09-17-08- Married

10-29-08: File AOS, EAD, AP

01-15-09: EAD Approved

02-26-09: Biometrics Appt.

03-07-09: EAD card received via mail

03-20-09: AOS approved

03-28-09: Greencard arrives via mail

Even if they are applying for EAD, I would assume that those applications don't have to adjudicated the way visa petitions do, right?

I don't know for sure, but they just seem to be in slightly different worlds to me.

Our Immigration Journey!

I-129F

July 27, 2007 - NOA1 Received!!!!!!!!!

July 28, 2007 - Touch

November 28, 2007 - Touch!?

November 28, 2007 - NOA2 Received!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 5, 2007 - Told by NVC that our case has already been forwarded to London!

December 11, 2007 - Packet 3 mailed out by London!

January 08 - Packet 3 lost in the mail, waiting on a new one...

January 14, 2008 - Packet 3 finally received!

March 3, 2008 - Medical Appointment

April 10, 2008 - VISA INTERVIEW!!!!!! - APPROVED!!!!!

April 15, 2008 - Visa in hand!

May 12, 2008 - POE in the US!!!!

June 21, 2008 - Wedding!!!!!!!

I-485

July 30, 2008 - Filed for AOS

August 8, 2008 - NOA's received! (for 485, 765, 131)

August 27th, 2008 - Biometrics Appointment

September 22nd, 2008 - Case transferred to CSC

October 3rd, 2008 - Case at CSC, Touched, Touched again on 7th

October 20, 2008 - AP and EAD Approved!!!

October 27, 2008 - AP and EAD Received!!!

December 19th, and 21st 2008 - Touched

January 26th, 2009 - RFE...

February 27th, 2009 - NOTICE MAILED WELCOMING NEW PERMANENT RESIDENT!!

March 6, 2009 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!! LPR STATUS NOW OFFICIAL!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
USCIS was holding a gun at the head of Congress to get the fee hikes approved. Either pass the fee hikes or we'll sit on our duffs! So Congress approved the fee hike (under serious protest). The first attempt by USCIS failed.

In preparation for this, USCIS published document called "Transformation." This was a clever ploy to be able to pass out excuses for delays. And implementing, whatever they are doing, had caused the delays, not to mention, building their bureaucracy and power!

Link to the "transformation" document (I think this should be it) Appears to be technology and operational changes mostly. Looks good on paper as an idea. Though its void of anything looking like an implementation timeline or metrics to judge effectiveness . Its the kind of thing you see in the world of no accountability. A lofty idea .. but in the real world, if this was handed to a board of directors of nearly any company they would doubt the competence of its management team. An idea without implementation metrics or the ability to determine success or failure is immature and a recipe for throwing money away and going out of business ...

Our timeline..

06/27/2004 Met on the internet

[....] lots of things happen

02/10/2007 Met in person

[....]

04/11/2007 Sent NOA1

04/19/2007 Receipt Date

04/24/2007 Touch

[....]

06/26/2007 Met in person second time, this time with our kids

[....]

08/24/2007 Called CSC with Lawyer (We were told case was with an officer now)

08/26/2007 Touch

08/29/2007 Touch

08/30/2007 Touch

09/05/2007 Called CSC and was told we now have a RFE that was sent already .. they can't tell us what it is over the phone (#######?)

09/04/2007 RFE Date (sure enough there was one)

09/14/2007 RFE received (for information originally included in the packet)

09/14/2007 RFE response returned.. including letter to the effect the information was already in the package and another copy of same

09/26/2007 REF AGAIN for the same information, looks like a copy of the same letter as before

09/27/2007 RFE response returned via fedex, letter from the lawyer included

[...]

10/01/2007 electronic notification of receipt of RFE information & touch on the website.

10/02/2007 Touch

10/11/2007 Approval notice sent. "On October 9, 2007, we mailed you a notice...."

[...]

11/27/2007 Call to NVC and FINALLY a receipt number.

12/08/2007 Found ourselves on the IPV website and confirmed with a call

[...]

12/22/2007 Third in person meeting, christmas and new years

[...]

01/30/2008 St. Luke's PASSED!!!!

02/07/2008 Embassy APPROVED!!!!

02/11/2008 Pick up Visa

02/14/2008 Arrive @ home in the US

05/01/2009 Green Card Arrived.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

wow, that document is pretty interesting... thank you for the link :)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Filed: Other Timeline

Thanks NYBird, but did you see this small section?

"Persons who did not request an EAD under TPS who now wish to receive one, or who wish to apply for a replacement of a lost, stolen, or mutilated EAD, must file Form I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization). Follow the instructions to the form carefully. However, please submit that form, and all supporting documentation, to the Vermont Service Center, 75 Lower Welden Street, St. Albans, Vermont 05479-0001."

This is what caught my attention, so while it may not be many, there are some who will be sending their documents into VSC. They already have enough to do.

What do you think?

If there are asylees in this country who were victims of political oppression in their homeland, and the US government wants to make some exception to process their cases prior to family based cases, that is admirable in my opinion.

Being separated from your boyfriend, girlfriend, or spouse a few weeks longer in order to save removal of persons who might possibly be sent back home to tyrannical governments should not be a reason for outrage.

Link to the "transformation" document (I think this should be it) Appears to be technology and operational changes mostly. Looks good on paper as an idea. Though its void of anything looking like an implementation timeline or metrics to judge effectiveness . Its the kind of thing you see in the world of no accountability. A lofty idea .. but in the real world, if this was handed to a board of directors of nearly any company they would doubt the competence of its management team. An idea without implementation metrics or the ability to determine success or failure is immature and a recipe for throwing money away and going out of business ...

I thought I saw reference to a 20% betterment in processing times by 2009. What document are you reading?

And hey, maybe they will go out of business.

What will you do then?

Edited by rebeccajo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

heartily agree with the first comment, about asylum seekers and those in danger; I'll willingly wait months more if that's the reason

the second thing - well, I guess it's the famous sarcasm, so maybe not meant to be taken literally, but as I read doug & angel's post, the 'going out of business' comment referred to similar proposals in the world of commerce... I thought his comment was quite measured, actually, and doesn't need to be responded to snidely, but each to their own :)

haven't read the document in detail yet - though I did scan it - and haven't reached the 20% figure yet, so I'm interested to know it's there; thank you :)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Filed: Other Timeline
heartily agree with the first comment, about asylum seekers and those in danger; I'll willingly wait months more if that's the reason

the second thing - well, I guess it's the famous sarcasm, so maybe not meant to be taken literally, but as I read doug & angel's post, the 'going out of business' comment referred to similar proposals in the world of commerce... I thought his comment was quite measured, actually, and doesn't need to be responded to snidely, but each to their own :)

haven't read the document in detail yet - though I did scan it - and haven't reached the 20% figure yet, so I'm interested to know it's there; thank you :)

The sarcastic point is this - what would we all do if there was no immigration allowed? The powers that be don't HAVE to let foreign born citizens in, you know. Indeed, there is probably a dark enough political tide in this country towards such a school of thought.

Much of what I post is intended to give the posters and readers pause to think. There is loads of grumbling about service and wait times. My husband and I grumbled and worried our way through a 17-month greencard filing, so I personally have experienced the delays of the system. But the fact remains - this IS the system. It does function, albeit slowly, and gets the job done.

I worry more about the law and political mindset in this nation towards immigrants than I do the system that is trying to process them. Each of you petitioning to bring a foreign-born person to this nation would be well served to think long and hard about your loved ones life once they get here. Amnesty has affected the perception of immigrants in this country and your loved one may experience reactions from less-than-thoughtful members of our society.

Immigration is more than getting a visa - it's an ongoing paper shuffling process, true - but it's far more than that. You are bringing someone to a new land. The adjustments from that and its ramifications will last your entire life. If you are so impatient that you find the visa process tiresome, I suggest you don't have the patience to be married to someone who will themselves need your support and encouragement in making a life-changing transition.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.