reginaait

proof of ongoing relationship

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am so what confused. Do I need to proof that I am having an ongoing relationship? I have much proof of having met my fiance in the last two years, but I am not sure if I am ok with the ongoing. I have been to Italy in May and am returning in October, would my plane ticket in 19 days suffice as ongoing, also My fiance does not have email, we communicate via phone with a sprint calling card that I keep buying a refreshing as it runs out. Will these two pieces be enough.. thanks in advance

thank you

regina shili

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Can you obtain phone records from your calling card? Having a calling card in and of itself proves nothing. You need to have evidence you were calling your fiance. The plane tickets are a start, or I should say the boarding passes. Send your fiance letters or cards in the mail. That is evidence they can use for an ongoing relationship.

3dflags_usa0001-0003a.gif3dflags_tha0001-0003a.gif

I-129F

Petition mailed to Nebraska Service Center 06/04/2007

Petition received by CSC 06/19/2007...NOA1

I love my Siamese kitten...

We made copies of our passports, copies from the boarding passes and pictures. Do you write letters or postcards? You may make a copie of them too.

Best wishes

Karin

I am so what confused. Do I need to proof that I am having an ongoing relationship? I have much proof of having met my fiance in the last two years, but I am not sure if I am ok with the ongoing. I have been to Italy in May and am returning in October, would my plane ticket in 19 days suffice as ongoing, also My fiance does not have email, we communicate via phone with a sprint calling card that I keep buying a refreshing as it runs out. Will these two pieces be enough.. thanks in advance

thank you

regina shili

What you have doesn't show much evidence of a bonafide relationship.

You can surely do snail mails. Pictures together with family and in different places will help a LOT.

Money receipts also.

Your plane ticket helps a bit but you need evidence you were with your fiance while there.

Get an international phone service that gives monthly records also.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I use the email records and the YIM messages. Also, we talk on the phone and I use a calling card that I keep refreshing. They sent me a record of the calls so I have 6 months worth of that. Get that from your calling card. I send him letters or cards in the mail cause sometimes when I feel crappy it cheers me up. After he got two of them he started sending them to me too. (Who says men can't be trained? God Bless my sweetie!) So that stuff will help too, like greeting cards and letters and of course pictures.

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

airline stubs help ALOT!!!!

photos

phone records

anything you 2 may have signed together

airline stubs do help ALOT

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

your husband can sign up for free email account @ yahoo.com. He can check and answer them from internet cafe's.

Have him do so soon.

Keep all your flight info and take lots of pictures.. make sure the camera is date stamped so they appear on the picture.

Mail him a couple love letters.

Put him on your insurance @ work and save the adjust info from the insurance companys.

that should get u out of the woods

December 12 2006 Filed I130

Jan 10 2007 got receipt and case number!

Jan 12 2007 sent 129F

Feb 6 notice they were moving the file to a faster service center.

Feb 26 Notice of I130 approval

Feb 28 2007 notice they were sending 129F to USCIS for further investigation (err #######?)

May 15 2007 notice of approval of 129F with processing dates of 05/15/2007 thru 09/14/2007

May 28 2007 Notice from attorney that NVC needed processed and money orders were needed.

June 4 2007 Traveled to Manila to spend 2 weeks with my wife!! (YeHaaaa!!)

Fed-xed her signed papers (For NVC) from Manila to attorney from Manila while on vacation

June 18 2007 Nvc approved support.

June 29 2007 packet arrived @ my home informing of interveiw for I130 on Aug 27 2007 and explaining Medical interveiw.

(Note wife never received packet for I130 in Philippines I fed-ex'ed mine to her for medical interveiw)

July 17 2007 packet arrived for 129F setting interveiw for Sept 5 2007

August 5 2007 Wife flew to Manila for medical interveiw on August 6.

August 26 wife flew to Manila for I130 interveiw on August 27 2007.

August 27 2007 12:31 pm I130 Approved

wife arriving Nov 18th

WIFE ARRIVED Nov 18th!!!!

Website I made my wife!

http://rickrox.tripod.com/roxan1.html

Timeline
your husband can sign up for free email account @ yahoo.com. He can check and answer them from internet cafe's.

Have him do so soon.

Keep all your flight info and take lots of pictures.. make sure the camera is date stamped so they appear on the picture.

Mail him a couple love letters.

Put him on your insurance @ work and save the adjust info from the insurance companys.

that should get u out of the woods

How exactly do you put your fiance on your company insurance? I don't think they are going to allow that.

I-129F

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

I'm kinda like in the same boat. I've known my fiance forever but we only figured out this year when I went back home that we wanted to be together. I have no pictures and I have one boarding pass from coming back this year. I did send him a card/letter and we have tons of phone calls. Hundreds of dollars in phone calls that I have printable records of. I am going to go back home for the interview - I wonder if I can take some pictures days before the interview and get them developed before we go in for the actual interview? I have tons of pictures with his parents and mine but none of him and me - go figure! haha.....

Starting over -

I-130

01-08-09 - Mailed I-130

01-09-09 - VSC received I-130 application

01-14-09 - Date of NOA1

01-20-09 - Received NOA1 for I-130

06-17-09 - I-130 Approval

06-22-09 - Received NOA2 for I-130

NVC

07-11-09 - Emailed DS-3032

07-11-09 - Paid AOS Fee $70.00

07-23-09 - DS-3032 Accepted via. Email

08-15-09 - Paid IV Fee $400.00

09-14-09 - Mailed I-864 Package

09-14-09 - Mailed IV DS-230 Package

09-28-09 - Email FROM NVC stating that both forms were incomplete

10-09-09 - NVC Received both forms corrected

10-20-09 - Case Complete at NVC

10-29-09 - CR-1 Interview Date scheduled for 12-23-09

12-23-09 - Placed under Admin Review for six weeks - 2-3-10

01-14-10 - Visa Refused

06-02-10 - USCIS Received the package back from the Embassy

09-18-10 - Hindi Wedding Ceremony

09-28-10 - Recieved Letter from USCIS Stating reasons for revocation

10-01-10 - Returned Package to USCIS will further evidence disputing the reasons the Embassy gave for revocation

11-17-10 - DS 230 and Immigrant Information Sheet returned to the Embassy

12-15-10 - Appointment Letter mailed out setting the interview Date for Feb 7th 2011

02-07-11 - 3rd Interview with the Embassy after USCIS reaffirmed the case

02-09-11 - Visa issued

02-11-11 - Traveled back to the USA - and our journey is finally over! A total of 3.5 years!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
How exactly do you put your fiance on your company insurance? I don't think they are going to allow that.

i have life insurance and i put my fiance as the beneficary.

Chris

1_948852256l.jpg

Gretchen montage

Davao July 07

our friendster

08/12/08 AOS sent

08/13/08 AOS received

08/15/08 NOA1 received EAD

08/15/08 NOA1 received AOS

08/19/08 Checks cashed

08/23/08 biometrics appt letter

09/09/08 biometrics

10/27/08 EAD approved

Timeline

Chris

I thought they were talking health insurance. I don't think I could add my fiancee as the beneficiary for my life insurance as they ask for a ssn.

I-129F

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

We sent in proof of ongoing relationship....

Flight coupons, an itinerary, letters, e-mails, used phone cards, a phone bill, copy of AMEX bill showing I bought a PIN to call my husband, a copy of a birthday card...

And we still had more. I have pictures of presents, gifts, saved MSN conversations, TONS of pictures...etc.

But I didn't want to send too much - so we sent a bit of everything.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Filed: Timeline

Chris

I thought they were talking health insurance. I don't think I could add my fiancee as the beneficiary for my life insurance as they ask for a ssn.

Jamie, you took the words right outta my mouth. And I too inferred 'health ins' from 'company insurance' and no, I don't believe one can add a non-familial non-usc on something like that.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Chris

Jamie, you took the words right outta my mouth. And I too inferred 'health ins' from 'company insurance' and no, I don't believe one can add a non-familial non-usc on something like that.

I asked my employer about this very thing before Joel got here, before we were even married. I was told no, they can't do it nor was I allowed to name him as beneficiary on my life insurance because he didn't have a SSN at the time.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

thank you

regina shili

For petition you need photos together, boarding passes, hotel receipts, passport stamps to show you have meet in the 2 years prior to filling. For embassy you need proof of ongoing relationship, from time of filling, more visits, more stamps, more boarding passes and hotel receipts, , visists and dated photos are best.letters, email etc phone records can be false so they really even look at that as evidence.

Nov 2nd 2006 met online

June 28th 2007 sent 1-129f to NSC

July 11th 2007 NOA-1 received date on NOA-1 (now at CSC)

July 19th 2007 NAO 1 Reciept date on NOA-1

Nov 21st 2007 NOA-2

Dec 13th 2007 - arrives at NVC

Dec 20th 2007 - leaves NVC on route to GUZ

March 10th 2008- P3 sent & returned

April 9th 2008- P-4

May 22nd 2008 interview

Tracking:

Filing to Noa -1 -13 days

NOA-1 to NOA-2 - 133 days

NOA-2 to NVC - 22 days

NVC Processing - 7 days

NVC to GUZ - 81 days

P-3 to interview - 73 days

Interview to visa - 10 days

Filing to visa- 341 days

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.