reginaait

proof of ongoing relationship

25 posts in this topic

I bought a 10K life insurance policy thru Hartford for my wife when she was still in PI.

Cost $30 a month and didn't need a SSN or anything.

Did a trust fund and a ITF bank account also.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
I bought a 10K life insurance policy thru Hartford for my wife when she was still in PI.

Means absolutly nothing to them, is not proof of anything

Nov 2nd 2006 met online

June 28th 2007 sent 1-129f to NSC

July 11th 2007 NOA-1 received date on NOA-1 (now at CSC)

July 19th 2007 NAO 1 Reciept date on NOA-1

Nov 21st 2007 NOA-2

Dec 13th 2007 - arrives at NVC

Dec 20th 2007 - leaves NVC on route to GUZ

March 10th 2008- P3 sent & returned

April 9th 2008- P-4

May 22nd 2008 interview

Tracking:

Filing to Noa -1 -13 days

NOA-1 to NOA-2 - 133 days

NOA-2 to NVC - 22 days

NVC Processing - 7 days

NVC to GUZ - 81 days

P-3 to interview - 73 days

Interview to visa - 10 days

Filing to visa- 341 days

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
I am so what confused. Do I need to proof that I am having an ongoing relationship? I have much proof of having met my fiance in the last two years, but I am not sure if I am ok with the ongoing. I have been to Italy in May and am returning in October, would my plane ticket in 19 days suffice as ongoing, also My fiance does not have email, we communicate via phone with a sprint calling card that I keep buying a refreshing as it runs out. Will these two pieces be enough.. thanks in advance

thank you

regina shili

For petition you need photos together, boarding passes, hotel receipts, passport stamps to show you have meet in the 2 years prior to filling. For embassy you need proof of ongoing relationship, from time of filling, more visits, more stamps, more boarding passes and hotel receipts, , visists and dated photos are best.letters, email etc phone records can be false so they really even look at that as evidence.

That isn't entirely true. There are numerous people that have not had a chance to take multiple trips to see their SO. They used e-mails, snail mail letters, phone records etc to prove and ongoing relationship with no problem.

3dflags_usa0001-0003a.gif3dflags_tha0001-0003a.gif

I-129F

Petition mailed to Nebraska Service Center 06/04/2007

Petition received by CSC 06/19/2007...NOA1

I love my Siamese kitten...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Copies of plane tickets, entry and exit stamps from your passport, and a few photos together would be real nice! The more without going crazy overboard should be fine. :)

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
How exactly do you put your fiance on your company insurance? I don't think they are going to allow that.

i have life insurance and i put my fiance as the beneficary.

Chris

I thought they were talking health insurance. I don't think I could add my fiancee as the beneficiary for my life insurance as they ask for a ssn.

You can add whoever you like as a beneficiary. When I was on a J1 visa a few years ago, I had life insurance through work. My Mother in Australia was my beneficiary. If they don't have a SSN, you just leave it blank. Easy :thumbs:

Edited by vanessaandbrent

AOS Timeline

April 18, 2008 Civil Wedding at the courthouse

April 25. 2008 AOS packet sent to Chicago

April 29, 2008 AOS packet delivered

May 5, 2008 Receipt date for I-485, I-765 & I-131

May 9, 2008 NOA's & Biometrics Appointment letter received

May 28, 2008 Biometrics appointment

June 6, 2008 Case transferred to CSC

July 8, 2008 AP Approved

July 14, 2008 EAD Approved

October 10, 2008 I-485 Approved

October 14, 2008 Green card received

I-129F Timeline

Sept 13, 2007 I-129F sent to VSC

Sept 15, 2007 I-129F received at VSC at 2:32pm

Sept 17, 2007 NOA1 Receipt

Jan 25, 2008 NOA2 Receipt

Jan 31, 2008 NVC received approved petition from USCIS, VT

Feb 4, 2008 NVC letter received with new case number & Petition forwarded to San Jose, Costa Rica

Feb 7, 2008 DHL package signed for by R MORA at San Jose Embassy

Mar 5, 2008 Picked up packet & scheduled interview for Mar 14th

Mar 7, 2008 Blood work & Xray medicals complete

Mar 10, 2008 Physical & vaccinations complete

Mar 14, 2008 Interview - receive 221(g) for missing Single certificate for Costa Rica

Mar 26, 2008 Pick up completed Single Cert from the Registro Civil & deliver to Embassy

Apr 2, 2008 Deliver Australian Single status cert to Embassy

Apr 8, 2008 Approved!! Visa in hand same day :)

Good luck in your visa journey!

You will need it!

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Timeline

You will need it!

who will need it and why do you say that?

You will need it!

who will need it and why do you say that?

If you think a trust showing you own EVERYTHING together, life insurance and a ITR [iN Trust For] joint bank account made out to your wife "means nothing" to show a bonafide marriage you may have problems.

You can't have much stronger evidence.

Had it all [[plus bukoo more] at the embassy interview and the AOS interview and they took one look at the 1" thick trust and said approved!

They also mentioned to be sure and submit the trust for removing conditions as that would almost certainly guarantee no interview!

Edited by beckypua

!! ALL PAU!

For the initial submission of the I129F you need proof of having met in person within the last 2 years and the important information for that would be passport stamps and boarding passes backed up with other proofs such as photo's, travel itinerary, atm receipts, hotel receipts etc. I only included a small amount of relationship proof (skype logs and a couple of emails) as a scene setter.

17th March 2010 - Started the removal of conditions process

22nd March 2010 - Application received by CSC

30th April 2010 - Biometrics appointment

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
How exactly do you put your fiance on your company insurance? I don't think they are going to allow that.

i have life insurance and i put my fiance as the beneficary.

Chris

I thought they were talking health insurance. I don't think I could add my fiancee as the beneficiary for my life insurance as they ask for a ssn.

Jamie, you took the words right outta my mouth. And I too inferred 'health ins' from 'company insurance' and no, I don't believe one can add a non-familial non-usc on something like that.

I asked my employer about this very thing before Joel got here, before we were even married. I was told no, they can't do it nor was I allowed to name him as beneficiary on my life insurance because he didn't have a SSN at the time.

You could use a Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN) for Health Insurance, Banks Accounts and I also beleive for life insurance. You get this though the IRS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.