spmalone

RFE on removal of conditions

16 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I was surprized to receive RFE on my wifes removal of conditions from CSC. Kim and I have been married for 3.5 years and I sent them pictures of our three different trips back to Veitnam. One for kim's mother being sick, one for when Kim's mother died, and one for when Kim's only daughter went back to marry her high school sweet heart. I would have thought three trips back in 3.5 years shows a pretty strong committment. I also sent in the usual car titles, insurances, and last years tax return. I think it was the last couple of years, but I forget. I read here about lucky people who fly through the process, but we always seem to struggle. I'll get my friends, co-works, and other people towrite a letter and send in the latest travel documents from our trips to Las Vegas. Just wish I know why we have to work so hard while others seem to get a free pass. Please, understand I am not mad at those who fly through the process, just wish I was one of them.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Forgive me if this sounds wrong, but how does sending pictures of trips back to VN prove a bonafide marriage relationship? To me, it sounds like you have demonstrated that you have a bonafide travel companion..... Does that make sense?

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

what evidence did they request in the RFE? From what you have written, it sounds like you were light on the financials (which is their favourite RFE, by the way, they usually ask for more on the mingling of assets/liabilities) and heavy on the extranneous.

RFE's suck, but hey, at least we get a second chance to convince them. :)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Timeline

No offense intended... but it sure seems to demonstrate a more bonafide marriage than sharing a cable tv bill.

Forgive me if this sounds wrong, but how does sending pictures of trips back to VN prove a bonafide marriage relationship? To me, it sounds like you have demonstrated that you have a bonafide travel companion..... Does that make sense?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
I was surprized to receive RFE on my wifes removal of conditions from CSC. Kim and I have been married for 3.5 years and I sent them pictures of our three different trips back to Veitnam. One for kim's mother being sick, one for when Kim's mother died, and one for when Kim's only daughter went back to marry her high school sweet heart. I would have thought three trips back in 3.5 years shows a pretty strong committment. I also sent in the usual car titles, insurances, and last years tax return. I think it was the last couple of years, but I forget. I read here about lucky people who fly through the process, but we always seem to struggle. I'll get my friends, co-works, and other people towrite a letter and send in the latest travel documents from our trips to Las Vegas. Just wish I know why we have to work so hard while others seem to get a free pass. Please, understand I am not mad at those who fly through the process, just wish I was one of them.

Did you send any joint bank account statemets, joint bills, joint health insurance, etc.? USCIS seem to like that kinda stuff the best. Pictures of trips are cool, but people normaly use them as secondary evidence.

Sorry you got an RFE :(

Filed AOS from F-1
Green Card approved on 01/04/07
Conditions removed 01/29/09

Citizenship Oath 08/23/12

Timeline

Did you send any joint bank account statemets, joint bills, joint health insurance, etc.? USCIS seem to like that kinda stuff the best. Pictures of trips are cool, but people normaly use them as secondary evidence.

Sorry you got an RFE :(

Thank You to everyone for their response. I would disagree with the travel companion. If I had traveled a lot before, maybe they could make that point, but when you go back for family sickness, family death, and family weddings it should look like a family. The money it takes for my family to go to vietnam, and pay for hopitals, funerals, and some of the wedding is a major deal. However, I was not going to tell my wife sorry your mother is sick, or dead we can not spend that money. I was also not going to tell her sorry but we can not go to her only daughters wedding.

The problem with the bills is that I bought the house before she came over, and I have a very good rate of 5%. I had utilities, water and other hooked up before she got here. I did show the 401k, life insurance, her new 98 Saturn, one joint checking account plus our taxes, the health insurance cards. I really thought it was "no problem". My wife is only 2.5 years younger than me and I thought we had sent more than enough. I copies of our passports showing the different travel times. I guess after living together you forget that you have to prove we are husband and wife. They want to see birth certs from any childern we had together. My youngest is 22 her daughter is also 22, I have been fixed.

I have asked for affidavits from my boss, her school where she sudying nails, two of my friends, the family from next door, her Doctor we switched to him because he speaks Veitnamese, and school were I teach karate. We are going to vist friends later this month I have the tickets already and we went to las vegas together for a seminar after we sent in the paper work. I hope that well be enough. I can tell you this without a doubt we are a very close loving couple. She loves me and I love her, we do most things together and enjoy each other. Once again thank you for responses and I am sure this well pass.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

did you get an actual RFE?

I know on the NOA it kind of looks like it might be an RFE...

this is what my NOA said...

If you have not already done so, provide supporting documents to assist USCIS in processing your petition..... such evidence may include, but is not limited to the following items...

*Lease of joint tenanacy

*Joint mortgage agreement and/or property deed

*Joint ownership of assets

*Tax returns

*Birth certificates of any children born from the marriage

*Joint policies of life, medical and/or car insurance...

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

If they are looking for evidence of a bonified marriage send as much stuff as you can including letters from friends and associates as to their perception of your marriage. Good luck :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
If they are looking for evidence of a bonified marriage send as much stuff as you can including letters from friends and associates as to their perception of your marriage. Good luck :thumbs:

A bonified (sic) marriage? That's a scary thought. :whistle:

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

A bonified (sic) marriage? That's a scary thought. :whistle:

Sorry about your RFE and hope with the new evidence you will have a "smooth" journey. I understand your frustration ! It feels wierd to have to prove a "Bona-Fide" marriage when in fact you live happily married .......... and in good faith !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My husband bought the house before I even came here (so the mortage is in his name) we have no utilities bills either together - .............. they are all in his name ! ........................

I did not think that was going to be a problem (but realize now it might be). We had lots of other evidence, but evidently (see other RFE'S ............... LATELY) you just never know !

If they want to have another interview I am all for it .................... rather than sending RFE's when we do not even know what else they want ? Is this a new way to slow the process ? I thought they had enough paperwork as is it !!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it mandatory in a marriage to a joint bank Account (no ! of course not) ...................

You are allowed I would think (even more so if you are a little older and this is your second marriage) to keep some of your assets separate I would think !

Anyway good luck ! ............. with the rest of it :thumbs:

Chanchan

Timeline
OK, you had me going on the NOA. I was worried about what I was going to stay, but yes it is a RFE. I have asked many people if they would be willing to write an affidavit for us and they all have agreed to write them. I'll resend everything plus anything else I can come up with.

OK, you had me going on the NOA. I was worried about what I was going to stay, but yes it is a RFE.

A blue one ?

I got one myself... despite sending in so many documents and stuff... well -for pete's sake- if they still have any doubts OK let them summon us for an interview

Edited by Silvanski

Entry in the USA: May 13 2005

10 yr GC approved: October 5 2007

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I'm wondering what mine is. It's a blue form, I-797E Notice of Action, and in the little box near the top on the right, it says "request for evidence". It was accompanied by a two page document on white paper, that was titled, "request for evidence".

So, I guess I got an RFE, correct? :crying:

9/18/05 Jane immigrates to the USA, arriving as Conditional Permanent Resident.

7/23/07 We receive NOA, in receipt for applying for lifting of Conditional Status.

8/2/07 Receive appointment for Biometrics (for 8/22)

8/29/07 Receive RFE notice

11/12/07 Submitted additional evidence to comply with RFE

12/29/07 e-mail from USCIS: Card production ordered

1/4/08 card received in mail

I'm wondering what mine is. It's a blue form, I-797E Notice of Action,...

So, I guess I got an RFE, correct? :crying:

That's the one :unsure: ... but it'll be only a short delay.

Send them more documents ... see what extra stuff you can find that covers the time from your marriage up till as recent as possible, and in case you haven't done so include a couple of affidavits from friends/relatives (don't forget to include the RFE itself)

Entry in the USA: May 13 2005

10 yr GC approved: October 5 2007

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.