ozziekan101

Living in Hell. What are my options!!

47 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Z, from my time in alaska and back/forth they're also all up in Canada too (brrrrr) weather can be pretty frigid up there

To the original OP, THIS one sounds like a good case for self-filing, you sound like you've had a rough time at late. A lot of advice was posted on the evidence that can be collected, the counselling records I think are better than the police reports because it will look like you really tried. Self-filing of lifting conditions is done, passes approval, but there is a burden on you to make sure you have good solid evidence, not necessarily of her mistreatment but that through it all you were really trying to sustain a viable marriage. I wish you the best, and watch out for psychos. They could show up anywhere, even on these very boards. :devil: Good luck to ya

Cannot adjust on your own. Have to be married, better get a good lawyer that knows immigration law and even then it is 50-50% you get it to stay, with a waiver. Sounds like you married a psycho American woman, which does not surprise me in the least for they are everywhere in the USA now. Also based on all these great wonderful benefits and gifts you all get from the UK why not just go back home and live there, for it sounds like you are so disadvantaged to be living in the USA compared to the UK, it would appear that you should not even consider staying in the USA at all. :dance:

One absolutely can adjust "on their own" given circumstances. Please note - the OP already has their conditional perm residence and will only need to lift conditions should they choose to stay (which is what the OP is asking for - help with how to stay).

If there is enough bona fide evidence that the marriage was entered into legitimately, there should be no problems although the suggestion to seek competent counsel is wise.

The suggestion that psycho women are "everywhere in the US now" really isn't helpful and is a ridiculous statement.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

I feel for you and so sorry you have to go through this.

But you defenitley have to look out for #1 and move on..... Get an immigration attorney and they can help you greatly!

K-1 Timeline:

11/27/04 - First met

03/06/06 - Engaged

06/16/06 - New I-129f sent

06/19/06 - I-129f rec'vd by TSC

06/29/06 - NOA1

09/12/06 - NOA2

01/24/07 - Interview APPROVED!

01/30/07 - Returned to US with fiance

02/15/07 - Married

AOS Timeline:

04/24/07 - AOS/EAD mailed out

06/06/07 - Biometrics done

06/21/07 - I-485 APPROVED!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm so sorry.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• 1 month later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Togo
Timeline

All the advice i've received from this forum have mostly been very helpful and supportive till date. Lots have queired my decisions to stay in the situation i'm in but i really did enter into this marriage hoping to make the best out of it. Sad thing is, i'm drained with all the events going on and dont even know if i honestly feel the same way.

Recent updates:

We've lived apart for 2 months and till now,been physically involved a couple of times. She has begged me to return home but i told her and her mother that i will return home once my safety and security is guaanteed. I told her i wanted to return home because i WANT to not out of PRESSURE. I also said i wanted to feel i wouldnt be thrown out of the apt again. Sad to say bt i've had a little bit more peace out of the house and reluctant to return until i feel i'd have the same peace.

My expectations from this statements would be she would at least do things to make me feel safe in the relationship or that all the unusual behaviour will somehow seize.

I'm currently seeing a psychologist to help me through this time and i've suggested to her to do the same as she claims to have suicidal thoughts because her marriage isnt working. This scares me quite a lot and even makes me rather stay away and visit her from time to time.

We got into another argument last weekend cos she said i didnt pick up my phone when she called me and said that my claims of me being asleep at 10.30pm are false.

I tried visiting her to talk it out but she asked me to leave the apt.

This morning she's at the court house filing for divorce. Not sure its the common trend of threat as she's always threated to do this everytime we have issues or maybe she's serious this time.

For me too, i'm too embarrassed coming here and acting indecisive about what decisions to make but going back to scotland isnt an option for me at this point because i'm doing my MBA in college here and gradually building a decent career path.

We have till end of this year to request for a removal of conditions..

What do do?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
It feels really good to have once again found the forum thats been helpful to me in the past when i was relocating from Scotland about a year ago..

It's only sad that this time around i'm not hear to discuss anything of joy,like,'HEY, I GOT MY K-1 VISA!!' etc..

I'm rather coming here to seek help after about over a year of mental torture, stress and lack of peace of mind..

I moved here from scotland last year after my spouse filed a k-1 visa. Everything was fine back then and our love life was second to none..even though we were having a long distance relationship as she was here and i was back home in scotland.

After i moved here and got married, we moved in together and ever since then i havent had one full week without a major fight, arguement or misunderstanding..

We have been to 2 marriage counsellors and 1 financial counsellor. We even been to marriage group sessions.

We seem to have lots of expectations from each other considering we're both from different cultures.

We havent been able to agree on any major thing as the other person is still pushing for personal agenda.

The fights have gotten worse and she's getting physical.. the police have been involved on a couple of occassions and i refused to press charges on both occasions.

A lot has gone on but now, its looking like the best option is to go our seperate ways...She already has told me she's moving out b4 the weekend.

I'm tired of begging her to stay and i feel like i'm just gonna cave into her threats..

Now, the main concern is what my options are concerning my status here...I already got the condtional GC in january and have 2 years to go.

Sought legal advice and i was told i could file an i-751 but i dont know the success rate of that if i was to file alone on grounds on entered marriage in good faith but it didnt work.. I know i could go on the grounds of abuse and mental torture but i unfortunately didnt press any charges when i could so i have no proof of that..Not even proof of the time, she put all my property in trash bags and brought them to me at work or the time she destroyed all she ever bought for me even up till toothbrush,birthday cards, joint vision board plans etc..she shredded it all..

I'm scared for my life and sanity. My family is worried she may hurt me but i dont wanna lose my status here but it feels like i'm caught in between fire and the deep blue sea..

I NEED HELP, ADVICE !! I need protection. My career and every other thing is going just fine but its a living hell at home.

What are my options and where do i go from here...My conditonal GC expires in january '09 but whether i'd still be able to cope with my spouse till then is a major doubt only by divine intervention

Hmmm, she's abusing you so bad to can't stay with her, but you refused to press charges. I wonder why? Sounds like we're only getting one side of the stroy here. Unless of course you just used her to get into the US and now you want to justify your separation, then it all makes sense.

Yeah, because people from the UK are just DYING to give up their "free" healthcare, long vacations, and many other benefits to move to a strange country where they get absolutely nothing. Good call there, Einstein.

I'm sure their "free" health care is great! :lol:

Charlie, I’ve noticed your posts before like for that girl from an East European country getting her B2 visa to go to her fiancé funeral. And Platypius is right. People do not give up on their lives just to go to the States! Free healthcare in Europe is really good and people here are really lucky to have some benefits that don’t exist in the States but they go there to be with the person they love not because they are going to live better. Maybe they will maybe not. I hate to go true this process and I know I have to start all over although I have Masters and bunch of work experience. But I’ll do it for my love!

Right, sure it is so good you left it behind to come to the USA and suffer, why not make your love go to Europe for that wonderful free healthcare and live there instead of USA. :whistle:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
It feels really good to have once again found the forum thats been helpful to me in the past when i was relocating from Scotland about a year ago..

It's only sad that this time around i'm not hear to discuss anything of joy,like,'HEY, I GOT MY K-1 VISA!!' etc..

I'm rather coming here to seek help after about over a year of mental torture, stress and lack of peace of mind..

I moved here from scotland last year after my spouse filed a k-1 visa. Everything was fine back then and our love life was second to none..even though we were having a long distance relationship as she was here and i was back home in scotland.

After i moved here and got married, we moved in together and ever since then i havent had one full week without a major fight, arguement or misunderstanding..

We have been to 2 marriage counsellors and 1 financial counsellor. We even been to marriage group sessions.

We seem to have lots of expectations from each other considering we're both from different cultures.

We havent been able to agree on any major thing as the other person is still pushing for personal agenda.

The fights have gotten worse and she's getting physical.. the police have been involved on a couple of occassions and i refused to press charges on both occasions.

A lot has gone on but now, its looking like the best option is to go our seperate ways...She already has told me she's moving out b4 the weekend.

I'm tired of begging her to stay and i feel like i'm just gonna cave into her threats..

Now, the main concern is what my options are concerning my status here...I already got the condtional GC in january and have 2 years to go.

Sought legal advice and i was told i could file an i-751 but i dont know the success rate of that if i was to file alone on grounds on entered marriage in good faith but it didnt work.. I know i could go on the grounds of abuse and mental torture but i unfortunately didnt press any charges when i could so i have no proof of that..Not even proof of the time, she put all my property in trash bags and brought them to me at work or the time she destroyed all she ever bought for me even up till toothbrush,birthday cards, joint vision board plans etc..she shredded it all..

I'm scared for my life and sanity. My family is worried she may hurt me but i dont wanna lose my status here but it feels like i'm caught in between fire and the deep blue sea..

I NEED HELP, ADVICE !! I need protection. My career and every other thing is going just fine but its a living hell at home.

What are my options and where do i go from here...My conditonal GC expires in january '09 but whether i'd still be able to cope with my spouse till then is a major doubt only by divine intervention

Hmmm, she's abusing you so bad to can't stay with her, but you refused to press charges. I wonder why? Sounds like we're only getting one side of the stroy here. Unless of course you just used her to get into the US and now you want to justify your separation, then it all makes sense.

Yeah, because people from the UK are just DYING to give up their "free" healthcare, long vacations, and many other benefits to move to a strange country where they get absolutely nothing. Good call there, Einstein.

I'm sure their "free" health care is great! :lol:

Charlie, I’ve noticed your posts before like for that girl from an East European country getting her B2 visa to go to her fiancé funeral. And Platypius is right. People do not give up on their lives just to go to the States! Free healthcare in Europe is really good and people here are really lucky to have some benefits that don’t exist in the States but they go there to be with the person they love not because they are going to live better. Maybe they will maybe not. I hate to go true this process and I know I have to start all over although I have Masters and bunch of work experience. But I’ll do it for my love!

Right, sure it is so good you left it behind to come to the USA and suffer, why not make your love go to Europe for that wonderful free healthcare and live there instead of USA. :whistle:

But his flag shows Togo. Is he from Togo?

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

you know, you're the first person in here who's made me want to resort to name-calling

:whistle:

Edited by StillThePrettiest

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Are you some kind of nut? Please stop subjecting everyone to your unhelpful and offensive posts and keep your personal feelings to yourself. If you have nothing to offer, then offer nothing. Thank you.

iagree.gif

All the advice i've received from this forum have mostly been very helpful and supportive till date. Lots have queired my decisions to stay in the situation i'm in but i really did enter into this marriage hoping to make the best out of it. Sad thing is, i'm drained with all the events going on and dont even know if i honestly feel the same way.

Recent updates:

We've lived apart for 2 months and till now,been physically involved a couple of times. She has begged me to return home but i told her and her mother that i will return home once my safety and security is guaanteed. I told her i wanted to return home because i WANT to not out of PRESSURE. I also said i wanted to feel i wouldnt be thrown out of the apt again. Sad to say bt i've had a little bit more peace out of the house and reluctant to return until i feel i'd have the same peace.

My expectations from this statements would be she would at least do things to make me feel safe in the relationship or that all the unusual behaviour will somehow seize.

I'm currently seeing a psychologist to help me through this time and i've suggested to her to do the same as she claims to have suicidal thoughts because her marriage isnt working. This scares me quite a lot and even makes me rather stay away and visit her from time to time.

We got into another argument last weekend cos she said i didnt pick up my phone when she called me and said that my claims of me being asleep at 10.30pm are false.

I tried visiting her to talk it out but she asked me to leave the apt.

This morning she's at the court house filing for divorce. Not sure its the common trend of threat as she's always threated to do this everytime we have issues or maybe she's serious this time.

For me too, i'm too embarrassed coming here and acting indecisive about what decisions to make but going back to scotland isnt an option for me at this point because i'm doing my MBA in college here and gradually building a decent career path.

We have till end of this year to request for a removal of conditions..

What do do?

If she is really filing for divorce, there's not much you can do for the marriage, but there is a lot you can do for yourself. While things are amicable, make sure you have copies of all of the evidence of your commingling of finances, and joint obligations, taxes etc. You will need them if you file alone to remove conditions.

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Just wanted to say...stay strong (F)

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Timeline

you know, you're the first person in here who's made me want to resort to name-calling

Timeline

:innocent: I guess the truth hurts or else you would not be so upset, how is it offensive to suggest that someone go where the health care is much better than in the USA? I mean how is it not helpful, just great advice, go where it is free and great, why not go???? :whistle:

Are you some kind of nut? Please stop subjecting everyone to your unhelpful and offensive posts and keep your personal feelings to yourself. If you have nothing to offer, then offer nothing. Thank you.

The "ignore" feature on tihs site has saved me a lot of aggravation..... :thumbs:

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Timeline

:lol:

The "ignore" feature on tihs site has saved me a lot of aggravation..... :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.