BRIAN AND ISA

K-1 Processing times

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Wow, I just went on the USCIS website and saw that the timelines for K-1 approval have now been set at 6 months. I called them and they said the timeframe from NOA1 to NOA2 is much longer now because of the large number of applicants and it can take up to 6 months. This is crazy. It is bad enough that our case took one month to get from Nebraska to California but now we have to wait an additional 3 months from what used to be a 90 day process. Boy, you have got to love red tape.

Brian & Isa

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

That is standard operating procedure, approval for I-129F will always be set at 6 months or more, it is their way of telling you to not call them for status until it has been more than 6 months.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

You might also want to take a look at the Immigration Timelines at the top of the VJ page. You can see what JVers have been experiencing.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

This is normal, and some of us waited even longer. :wacko:

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
Wow, I just went on the USCIS website and saw that the timelines for K-1 approval have now been set at 6 months. I called them and they said the timeframe from NOA1 to NOA2 is much longer now because of the large number of applicants and it can take up to 6 months. This is crazy. It is bad enough that our case took one month to get from Nebraska to California but now we have to wait an additional 3 months from what used to be a 90 day process. Boy, you have got to love red tape.

Actually the 6months or more statement is incorrect. If you look at the last posted press release dated August 15th and read the print, it says that if it says 6 months, it means 6 months or less, it also states that it is better if you see the 6 months then an actual date of the receipts they are processing. For more information please see this link https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Processtim...eviceCenter=CSC

It is for the California Service Center

Timeline

Actually the 6months or more statement is incorrect. If you look at the last posted press release dated August 15th and read the print, it says that if it says 6 months, it means 6 months or less, it also states that it is better if you see the 6 months then an actual date of the receipts they are processing. For more information please see this link https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Processtim...eviceCenter=CSC

All it says is 6 months, trust me it can be longer, it can be shorter. Dont underestimate USCIS and timelines. And saying just 6 months, does not mean 6 months or less. If you get an RFE, your looking at longer than 6 months. Depending on your case, your looking at 6 months, more or less.

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Timeline

Quick question...does anyone know why the processing times sheet on the USCIS site under the CSC processing times have yellow lines for some applications and green for others. Basically do you know what the colors mean? I also notice that they keep changing the colors. Yesterday K1 visa were in a yellow box, today its green. It doesn't say what it means on the sheet either.

Thanks!

Timeline

All it says is 6 months, trust me it can be longer, it can be shorter. Dont underestimate USCIS and timelines. And saying just 6 months, does not mean 6 months or less. If you get an RFE, your looking at longer than 6 months. Depending on your case, your looking at 6 months, more or less.

The press page actually defines what 6 months means if it is on the sheet. But I am sure you know, don't trust what they say.

Timeline

The press page actually defines what 6 months means if it is on the sheet. But I am sure you know, don't trust what they say.

oki doki if you say so. :thumbs:

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

oki doki if you say so. :thumbs:

It looks like it is avaraging around 110 day at the moment, but its creeping up more towards 120 for the may folks. i predict most people will be looking at 120 + days soon.

Nov 2nd 2006 met online

June 28th 2007 sent 1-129f to NSC

July 11th 2007 NOA-1 received date on NOA-1 (now at CSC)

July 19th 2007 NAO 1 Reciept date on NOA-1

Nov 21st 2007 NOA-2

Dec 13th 2007 - arrives at NVC

Dec 20th 2007 - leaves NVC on route to GUZ

March 10th 2008- P3 sent & returned

April 9th 2008- P-4

May 22nd 2008 interview

Tracking:

Filing to Noa -1 -13 days

NOA-1 to NOA-2 - 133 days

NOA-2 to NVC - 22 days

NVC Processing - 7 days

NVC to GUZ - 81 days

P-3 to interview - 73 days

Interview to visa - 10 days

Filing to visa- 341 days

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Took us much longer. I didn't get my k-1 until 8-9 months later.

036.jpg

Timeline:

*Met in Tanzfleck, Germany October 24, 2003 - Continued dating until he got out of the ARMY in Nov. 2005. Continued LD relationship.

*Came to visit me in Germany for New Years 2006

*Filed for K1 Visa on 4/4/06

*NOA1 - 7/6/06

*I-129F NOA2 Approved - 9/14/06

*Came to see me Thanksgiving week in Nov. 2006

*K1 Interview - 2/2/07

*K1 Visa received - 2/11/07

*Date of US Entry (POE Chicago)- 3/5/07

*Wedding/Marriage - 3/17/07

AOS (My case was expedited due to husband going to Iraq):

*Filed for AOS - 4/20/07

*Found out in the beginning of June that husband is going to Iraq

*NOA for I-485 - 6/11/07

*Made Infopass appointment to get case expedited due to deployment (Infopass appt 6/12/07)

*Biometrics - 7/7/07

*Interview date - 7/11/07

*I-485 Aprroval date- 7/11/07

*Green Card Received- 7/19/07

Removal of Conditions:

*Filed petition to remove conditions on 6/9/09

*NOA- 6/15/09

*Biometrics Appt. in Birmingham - 8/6/09

*Lifting of Conditions Approval Date - 10/22/09

*Waiting for Green Card!

Had our daughter on 4/4/08 and have another baby due 11/19/09!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

6 months is ridiculous. What are they transferring over to the Mayan calender now?

3dflags_usa0001-0003a.gif3dflags_tha0001-0003a.gif

I-129F

Petition mailed to Nebraska Service Center 06/04/2007

Petition received by CSC 06/19/2007...NOA1

I love my Siamese kitten...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
6 months is ridiculous. What are they transferring over to the Mayan calender now?

:lol: :lol: That's too funny, Jamie!

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

:bonk: :bonk: I know it is so hard when you have finally send your I-129f to USCIS and discover that in fact you are nowhere, it look like recently USCIS have been overloaded with request for visa and the queue line is getting longer every day. I know it don't sounds very good I'm my self at the end of this queue so hope and patience are becoming my best friends!!! :innocent:

good luck :dance:

September 2006 : first meeting in US for a month ,after on year of communication

April 2007 :Second meeting in Us for a month

June 2007: we engaged our lawyers

17 July 2007 : I-129F send to USCIS California center

22 July 2007 : [1st NOA

16 September 2007 : Half of the waiting time done 60 days

09/22/2007 : day 66 what a long time still to wait........

11/29/2007 : NOA2 YEEEEEAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

03 January 2008 : Package 3 fromthe embassy

17 January 2008 : Medical examination

03 Febuary 2008 / Package 4

17 MARCH INTERVIEW

25 MARCH APPROVED GOT MY K1

05/17/2007: we hope this will be our wedding day.......

dreams are made to come true, Cyril & I are made to be together

.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Took us much longer. I didn't get my k-1 until 8-9 months later.

I was refering to time to get NOA2

Nov 2nd 2006 met online

June 28th 2007 sent 1-129f to NSC

July 11th 2007 NOA-1 received date on NOA-1 (now at CSC)

July 19th 2007 NAO 1 Reciept date on NOA-1

Nov 21st 2007 NOA-2

Dec 13th 2007 - arrives at NVC

Dec 20th 2007 - leaves NVC on route to GUZ

March 10th 2008- P3 sent & returned

April 9th 2008- P-4

May 22nd 2008 interview

Tracking:

Filing to Noa -1 -13 days

NOA-1 to NOA-2 - 133 days

NOA-2 to NVC - 22 days

NVC Processing - 7 days

NVC to GUZ - 81 days

P-3 to interview - 73 days

Interview to visa - 10 days

Filing to visa- 341 days

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.