BRIAN AND ISA

K-1 Processing times

22 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Yes, I am too. Our application got backlogged for a few months because of the new form that came out in April of 2006 - may have been march. However, so many people's applications got put on hold because of it. Therefore, it took a long time for me to hear anything from them at all. matter of fact, took 6 months to hear anything after sending in the application. had this thing with the new form not occurred, i would have probably had my visa much sooner.

Took us much longer. I didn't get my k-1 until 8-9 months later.

Wow, I just went on the USCIS website and saw that the timelines for K-1 approval have now been set at 6 months. I called them and they said the timeframe from NOA1 to NOA2 is much longer now because of the large number of applicants and it can take up to 6 months. This is crazy. It is bad enough that our case took one month to get from Nebraska to California but now we have to wait an additional 3 months from what used to be a 90 day process. Boy, you have got to love red tape.

I was refering to time to get NOA2

036.jpg

Timeline:

*Met in Tanzfleck, Germany October 24, 2003 - Continued dating until he got out of the ARMY in Nov. 2005. Continued LD relationship.

*Came to visit me in Germany for New Years 2006

*Filed for K1 Visa on 4/4/06

*NOA1 - 7/6/06

*I-129F NOA2 Approved - 9/14/06

*Came to see me Thanksgiving week in Nov. 2006

*K1 Interview - 2/2/07

*K1 Visa received - 2/11/07

*Date of US Entry (POE Chicago)- 3/5/07

*Wedding/Marriage - 3/17/07

AOS (My case was expedited due to husband going to Iraq):

*Filed for AOS - 4/20/07

*Found out in the beginning of June that husband is going to Iraq

*NOA for I-485 - 6/11/07

*Made Infopass appointment to get case expedited due to deployment (Infopass appt 6/12/07)

*Biometrics - 7/7/07

*Interview date - 7/11/07

*I-485 Aprroval date- 7/11/07

*Green Card Received- 7/19/07

Removal of Conditions:

*Filed petition to remove conditions on 6/9/09

*NOA- 6/15/09

*Biometrics Appt. in Birmingham - 8/6/09

*Lifting of Conditions Approval Date - 10/22/09

*Waiting for Green Card!

Had our daughter on 4/4/08 and have another baby due 11/19/09!!!

Our K1 took almost 6 months, so their current timescales are not unusual. Many people I used to chat to on here had to wait much longer too. It really depends on your circumstances, filing location etc. There is so much going on behind the scenes that we cannot see - frustrating I know, but you just have to learn to live with the system and put up with it. I learnt to be patient by going through the K1 and L1A process!

visaJourneySignature.jpg

Plan your wedding and create a wedding web site at wedsimple.com

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

My husband's I-129F was approved in 72 days - he received his K1 visa 6 months after sending off the original application.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

• 2 weeks later...
6 months is ridiculous. What are they transferring over to the Mayan calender now?

:lol:

07-25-07 petition sent

08-07-07 NOA1

01-23-08 NOA2, 182 days after filing

02-11-08 medical

03-04-08 interview in Frankfurt---approved!

03-11-8 Visa in hand --- what a heck of a procedure for this little sticker ;-)

06-16-08 flight to IAD

07-11-08 Wedding in Santa Barbara, CA

08-07-8 AOS package sent

08-10-08 AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox

08-14-08 check cashed

08-13-08 NOA1 for EAD,AP,AOS

09-03-08 Biometrics appointment

10-02-08 Case transferred to CSC

10-16-08 EAD and AP approved

01-26-09 AOS approved w/o interview

01-31-09 PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECEIVED

02-11-11 Biometric Appointment for Removing of Conditions

Our Wedding Pics:

http://picasaweb.google.com/rahela07/OurWedding07112008

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
I have a question. Anyone who waited for over 4 months until NOA2, what are the reasons? REF? or any other?

We waited almost 5 months (139 days) for our NOA 2. We had no RFE's or problems; we just had to wait it out due to the longer processing times. Hopefully that won't last---maybe soon they will get back on track. But the NOA 2 did finally come and that was a GREAT moment!!! :dance: Hang in there.....the delay doesn't necessarily mean something is wrong; can just mean that things are really slow. It was weird b/c hardly anyone filing at CSC (on VJ) got approved over the past 2-3 weeks, then last week, 7 couples were approved on Monday, then all week they trickled in 1 or 2 at the time.

God bless!! :thumbs:

“Why do the righteous suffer?” someone asked C.S. Lewis. He replied: “They are the only ones that can handle it.”

K-1 Visa:

May 4, 2007: Filed I 129-F at CSC

May 24, 2007: NOA 1

Sept. 20, 2007: APPROVAL NOA 2 !!! (Day 139)

Sept. 24, 2007: Hard copy NOA 2 received in mail

Oct. 25, 2007: Papers arrived at NVC

Oct. 29, 2007: Papers left NVC: enroute to Bucharest YAY!!

Nov. 2, 2007: Packet 3 mailed from embassy

Nov. 8, 2007: Packet 3 received, medical and interview scheduled by phone

Nov. 12, 2007: Medical appointment completed

Nov. 13, 2007: Interview in Bucharest: VISA APPROVED!!

JANUARY 12, 2008: THE WEDDING

AOS:

Dec.31, 2007: Filed AOS/EAD/AP via mail

Jan. 30, 2008: Biometrics appointment

March 11, 2008: EAD/travel document approval via email

Case transferred to CSC (date unknown)

May 12, 2008: AOS approval email!!

May 22, 2008: Green card received

Doubt thou the stars are fire; doubt that the sun doth move; doubt truth to be a liar; but never doubt I love you. (W. Shakespeare)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
I have a question. Anyone who waited for over 4 months until NOA2, what are the reasons? REF? or any other?

some have waited over 4 months with no RFE or other reasons, just bc it can take that long

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.