mar24

Forgot documents

17 posts in this topic

Hey guys. According to trackmyvisa we are almost there, which got me reading a lot of forums about the process. I realised we forgot to send both letter of intent to marry (we only sent the petitioner's) and pictures of us (but forgot to include flight tickets and airbnbs, because we thought that was only for the interview). Should I mail this to USCIS? We are really stressing out. Should have researched better in advance, but now we are so close... Is it likely that we will just get and RFE or should we try sending my letter and those trip receipts?

Edited by mar24

Well just realised I mixed up my words lol. Let me reword this.

I realised we forgot to send my letter of intent to marry (we only sent the petitioner's) and to include flight tickets and airbnbs, because we thought that was only for the interview (we did send photos together). Should I mail this to USCIS? We are really stressing out. Should have researched better in advance, but now we are so close... Is it likely that we will just get and RFE or should we try sending my letter and those trip receipts?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I believe that you'll likely get a RFE.

Both petitioner and beneficiary need to state that they are both willing and legally able to marry each other. You'll also need to evidence that you have met within the last 2 years. You can't show this with pictures alone as they could have been taken at any time - you need to show travel docs such as all the stuff you didn't send.

I have read on here discussions about sending in evidence in advance of a RFE hoping that it will be linked to their application. I'm unsure on success rates of this. It might be safer to just wait for the request and take the hit of added time, rather than potentially confuse the situation.

Sorry that you will experience a delay. It is generally a good idea to do as much research as possible before sending anything off. It will do a lot to prevent potential delays/rejection.

Edited by smilingstone

[I-129F to K1]   

I-129F Sent: 2024-03-30    

I-129F NOA1 (Text): 2024-04-17  

I-129F NOA1 (Mail): 2024-04-27    

Estimated NOA2: September 2024 🤞

Just now, smilingstone said:

I believe that you'll likely get a RFE (Reguest for Further Evidence).

Both petitioner and beneficiary need to state that they are both willing and legally able to marry each other. You'll also need to evidence that you have met within the last 2 years. You can't show this with pictures alone as they could have been taken at any time - you need to show travel docs such as all the stuff you didn't send.

Sorry that you will experience a delay. It is generally a good idea to do as much research as possible before sending anything off. It will do a lot to prevent potential delays/rejection.

Thank you!  We are really hoping for an RFE. Fingers crossed!

Timeline

I'm also unsure what you mean when you say you're "almost there" as it sounds you have only just sent the I-129F.

Do you understand that the I-129F is simply the petition to apply for the K1? You can view the full timeline of events here: 

[I-129F to K1]   

2 minutes ago, smilingstone said:

I'm also unsure what you mean when you say you're "almost there" as it sounds you have only just sent the I-129F.

Do you understand that the I-129F is simply the petition to apply for the K1? You can view the full timeline of events here: 

We got our NOA1 in January and according to trackmyvisa, our case is close to being reviewed, that's what I meant! I'll keep an eye on this timeline too, thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Depending on your consulate (nothing in your post history thus indicates, nor do you have a timeline), you can add "front-loading" material along with satisfying the eventual RFE.  This material would further establish the bona fide nature of your relationship.  You would put the RFE page on top, the material that satisfies it just below, add a page that says "Extra material for benefit of the consulate," and the extra material.

If you won't be dealing with a tough consulate, you can minimize the extra material.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

11 hours ago, mar24 said:

We got our NOA1 in January and according to trackmyvisa, our case is close to being reviewed, that's what I meant! I'll keep an eye on this timeline too, thanks!

Doubtful.

You sent the petition three months ago?   Processing time for I-129F is currently 13.5 months.

Edited by SalishSea

9 hours ago, Sam Burns said:

It took me 15 months to go from NOA1 to NOA2, you’re 4 months in. I hope the processing times have really improved that much.

Idk, I don’t think it’s going to be as fast either, I am only basing that on the information from track my visa now. They are averaging 6 months.
I am just unsure if I should send out the documents or wait for an RFE

8 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

Depending on your consulate (nothing in your post history thus indicates, nor do you have a timeline), you can add "front-loading" material along with satisfying the eventual RFE.  This material would further establish the bona fide nature of your relationship.  You would put the RFE page on top, the material that satisfies it just below, add a page that says "Extra material for benefit of the consulate," and the extra material.

If you won't be dealing with a tough consulate, you can minimize the extra material.

We got the NOA1 in January. Thanks for the advice! 
What we’re really wondering is if we should wait for the RFE to send those documents or just do it before we even get one.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
1 hour ago, mar24 said:

What we’re really wondering is if we should wait for the RFE to send those documents or just do it before we even get one.

What's the downside of sending in the information / documents now?

If there is no downside other than postage then send it in. They may choose to ignore it or never match it with your application, then send you a RFE anyway. You need to resend the documents or they may choose to take it and you're walking along Lucky Street

Edited by PVR Bound

USA via Scotland, South Africa, Rhodesia, Brazil, Qatar & India

2000. H1B…

2014. L1A…

2017. LPR…

2021. N400

4 minutes ago, Family said:

Do a Cover Letter titled Supplemental Filing for I-129 F , list the enclosed evidence along with copy of receipt notice. Excellent odds to avoid RFE

I have done this before!

Timeline
8 hours ago, SalishSea said:

Doubtful.

You sent the petition three months ago?   Processing time for I-129F is currently 13.5 months.

If it means anything, my personal estimate for adjudication is around 7 months (mid-April to mid-Oct), but I am basing that on what my timeline estimates and am not using TMVN, but there does appear to be similarities.

Ofc I am 100% understanding that this is an automatically generated estimate based on user timeline details and am fully of the mindset that if we do get NOA2 in Oct, we will be incredibly lucky!

[I-129F to K1]   

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.