bren123

Transfer IR1 interview from Dushanbe to Almaty?

7 posts in this topic

Hi, we were DQ'd in March, and given an interview date in May at the Dushanbe embassy. We just figured out that the Dushanbe embassy does not accept medical tests from Moscow, only from Dushanbe. This means my wife is required to take the COVID vaccine, which is a hard no for us. The Almaty embassy accepts medical tests from Moscow which does NOT require COVID vaccination, so we would like to transfer out interview there. 

Has anyone else had success transferring an interview to Almaty? 

54 minutes ago, bren123 said:

Hi, we were DQ'd in March, and given an interview date in May at the Dushanbe embassy. We just figured out that the Dushanbe embassy does not accept medical tests from Moscow, only from Dushanbe. This means my wife is required to take the COVID vaccine, which is a hard no for us. The Almaty embassy accepts medical tests from Moscow which does NOT require COVID vaccination, so we would like to transfer out interview there. 

I think you’re misunderstanding the requirements.   Individual consulates do not set their own medical requirements.

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, mam521 said:

I've read all of this, but it does not change the fact that Almaty accepts medical tests taken in Moscow, and Russians who take the test in Moscow are WAIVED from the COVID vaccine requirement. If you search the forum, you will find that many have confirmed this. I even called them today and they confirmed. The only embassies that accept Moscow medical tests are Warsaw and Almaty.

Edited by bren123

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, bren123 said:

I've read all of this, but it does not change the fact that Almaty accepts medical tests taken in Moscow, and Russians who take the test in Moscow are WAIVED from the COVID vaccine requirement. If you search the forum, you will find that many have confirmed this. I even called them today and they confirmed. The only embassies that accept Moscow medical tests are Warsaw and Almaty.

I concur

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, bren123 said:

People here were successful in getting a transfer to Almaty several months ago, but I haven't heard of any successful transfers in the past 3-4 months. It is my understanding that they are primarily accepting IR-5 transfers, but not IR/CR1/K1 transfers. It certainly won't hurt to try. Let us know how you make out.

10 hours ago, JayFromTexas said:

People here were successful in getting a transfer to Almaty several months ago, but I haven't heard of any successful transfers in the past 3-4 months. It is my understanding that they are primarily accepting IR-5 transfers, but not IR/CR1/K1 transfers. It certainly won't hurt to try. Let us know how you make out.

Agreed. Also want to highlight that those successful transfer cases were from the Warsaw consulate with the justification being that Poland is not issuing Schengen visas to Russian citizens and it is a hassle to obtain it from other Schengen countries. I’m not sure the justification OP provided will be accepted but it’s always free to ask. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.