my_gf_wants_cr1

Bona fide marriage evidence pictures with annotations and social media posts - needed?

19 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, my_gf_wants_cr1 said:

Title - example in this video - https://youtu.be/_LJ5smaeFVU?t=343

Printing and sending images makes sense, but sending the images WITH annotations - seems a bit excessive?

Also the social media posts with comments, seem a bit too much as well.

Is this common?

Not needed.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I really don't see any need to attach social media posts to the pictures.  Annotating the pictures , imo, is fine.  

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

1 minute ago, SalishSea said:

Not needed.

Thanks, appreciate it.

I will piggyback on this comment to avoid opening a new post.

What is the typical envelope / package used to send the documents to USCIS?

Just any folder (like the one in the video) and then plop it in any envelope of the method of sending we chose?

Timeline
Just now, my_gf_wants_cr1 said:

Thanks, appreciate it.

I will piggyback on this comment to avoid opening a new post.

What is the typical envelope / package used to send the documents to USCIS?

Just any folder (like the one in the video) and then plop it in any envelope of the method of sending we chose?

I used a USPS Priority Mail flat rate package envelope. 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
29 minutes ago, my_gf_wants_cr1 said:

Seems like some petitioners are adding a copy of their passport to their I-751.

USCIS does not have any requirement on this.

I assume that's also kind of overdoing?

I didn't.  I see no harm and no benefit in sending it.  We followed the guide here on VJ.  

Photos should be annotated for two reasons:

1) Photos should span through months and years to show how life together evolved. If there are no dates in caption, how can one tell when where they taken? Maybe they were taken few days apart, which is not good enough evidence.

2) Photos should have captions of people on them. Photos of just two of you are worthless. Photos with family and friends can contain 3-10 people in each of them. Person reviewing the case may have never seen you or your spouse. If they cannot tell who's on photos and what's the relationship - those photos are worthless.

Summary: photos are the least important evidence. But if you do send them, make sure to include photos spanning months and years, only send photos including other people, and make sure to annotate them. Photos without descriptions are of no value.

Done that for my AOS, ROC as advised by lawyer. Both approved promptly without RFEs

P.S. I wouldn't personally send social media stuff. Some couples may benefit, but the gain is small.

Edited by OldUser

5 hours ago, my_gf_wants_cr1 said:

Seems like some petitioners are adding a copy of their passport to their I-751.

USCIS does not have any requirement on this.

I assume that's also kind of overdoing?

If you have stamps of entering foreign countries together when travelling - it could be added. I submitted that as evidence (asked by lawyer). May be an overkill, but remember the instructions in I-751 ask to provide as much evidence as possible. I (and my lawyer) interpeted it this very conservatively and literally. 

1 hour ago, OldUser said:

Photos should be annotated for two reasons:

1) Photos should span through months and years to show how life together evolved. If there are no dates in caption, how can one tell when where they taken? Maybe they were taken few days apart, which is not good enough evidence.

2) Photos should have captions of people on them. Photos of just two of you are worthless. Photos with family and friends can contain 3-10 people in each of them. Person reviewing the case may have never seen you or your spouse. If they cannot tell who's on photos and what's the relationship - those photos are worthless.

Summary: photos are the least important evidence. But if you do send them, make sure to include photos spanning months and years, only send photos including other people, and make sure to annotate them. Photos without descriptions are of no value.

Done that for my AOS, ROC as advised by lawyer. Both approved promptly without RFEs

P.S. I wouldn't personally send social media stuff. Some couples may benefit, but the gain is small.

Understood, we can do that.

1 hour ago, OldUser said:

If you have stamps of entering foreign countries together when travelling - it could be added. I submitted that as evidence (asked by lawyer). May be an overkill, but remember the instructions in I-751 ask to provide as much evidence as possible. I (and my lawyer) interpeted it this very conservatively and literally. 

We might have stamps, depending on country (not all countries stamp).

Otherwise, we have plenty of boarding passes etc.

2 minutes ago, my_gf_wants_cr1 said:

Understood, we can do that.

We might have stamps, depending on country (not all countries stamp).

Otherwise, we have plenty of boarding passes etc.

You call, there's no right or wrong answer. I bet if you include boarding passes, passport scans will make very little difference. It may give a slight indication that your spouse is trusting you with their very important document (passport) but that's a very very minor point and also just my opinion, not supported by evidence.

Edited by OldUser

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
8 hours ago, my_gf_wants_cr1 said:

Title - example in this video - https://youtu.be/_LJ5smaeFVU?t=343

Printing and sending images makes sense, but sending the images WITH annotations - seems a bit excessive?

Also the social media posts with comments, seem a bit too much as well.

Is this common?

No problem, I will Photoshop you all the pictures you like.

49 minutes ago, OldUser said:

You call, there's no right or wrong answer. I bet if you include boarding passes, passport scans will make very little difference. It may give a slight indication that your spouse is trusting you with their very important document (passport) but that's a very very minor point and also just my opinion, not supported by evidence.

Thanks.

What about apartment rental lease - do we really need to print all 15 pages?

Our names are only on 4 pages, and the rest is a standard lease.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.