1,268 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Iowa65 said:

Not yet

just applied last month

what about you?

1 hour ago, Shroy123 said:

Hello All. I submitted my N400 Application online last month and it has been almost 3 weeks I haven't received my biometrics appointment. Any idea how long does it take usually to get biometrics letter from USCIS?

-Vawa Applicant applied for citizenship

They will waive the biometric same thing happen with me 

55 minutes ago, magicmike said:

Thank you for sharing Reister. 

Did you have to go through an interview? Was your file ever transferred to the local FO. Which FO it was if you don't mind sharing please?

@Wilifanfano they say you can always get an AP but my attorney from non-profit advised strictly against it. If you are denied entry all that you have ben through will go in vain. Please just see how important it is for you to travel. Some people have families and jobs here so it might not be advisable for them.

It never got transferred to a local FO . It got approved in NBC 

Filed: Other Timeline
On 2/8/2024 at 5:25 PM, balo101 said:

What do you mean by really works? If you  want to know if you can travel with AP then answer is yes as long as you are not criminal or in removal proceedings. Many of us travelled on AP without any issues. 

Yes I travelled on AP in 2021. No issues . When I arrived JFK the officer took my EAD with AP and went into the office. He asked me about my ex, name, DOB  and why I travelled.  Came out after an hour and asked me to proceed picking my luggage.

1 hour ago, Precious100 said:

Yes I travelled on AP in 2021. No issues . When I arrived JFK the officer took my EAD with AP and went into the office. He asked me about my ex, name, DOB  and why I travelled.  Came out after an hour and asked me to proceed picking my luggage.

you should be fine if you travel again. I traveled 8 times no issues at JFK. It was never taken more than 8 mins in the secondary inspection. 

6 minutes ago, Demise said:

Got an RFE for my medicals. Hopefully this will go like it did for most - means they waived my interview (something that I thought they didn't do for EWIs), approve me, and I'll be finally free.

Whoa !! Hoorah!  
Freedom ! What will you do …

I see one of two possibilities, both involve a BAR of sorts 😂..one serves champagne 🍾, the other an MBE Exam. 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 2/8/2024 at 11:34 AM, magicmike said:

Hi Sandra,

Hope you are doing well. I have been reading your replies and getting a lot of help on my case even if I never posted my question here. I had applied for my VAWA in April 2016 and got it approved in August 2018. 

Then I applied for my I485 in February 2019 and my Biometrics were taken in March 2019 itself. The case was updated in August 2019 to show that the fingerprints were taken by VSC.

Since then there was no activity on my case except for getting my EADs renewed every year since VAWA got approved.

Last year, with your advice on the thread I reached out to my congressman and in January 2024 my case was transferred to the NBC.

Now, I know that my medical was not submitted at the time of my AOS application because the lawyer from the non-profit org advised against it. And, due to which my file is lacking the medical report I693.

Can you please give me advice if I should interfile my I693 proactively before even I get an RFE? I am getting mixed advice from various lawyers but I really trust your expertise.

Some have told me to wait for NBC to issue an RFE. Others are saying there is no harm except that you might lose money if they do not file it or if they lose it.

I have not been to my country in 9 years and I am exhausted. I will really appreciate your help in this matter. Thank you!

Do not submit until it is requested 

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 2/8/2024 at 3:39 PM, Wilifanfano said:

does anyone knows if the travel document really works ?

You can search on this website about traveling with 131 document. 

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Here's our Official Weekly VAWA-Thread Joke!

=============================================================

BLONDE CELEBRATION

Two blondes, happy and excited, walked into a bar.  They ordered their drinks, and the bartender overheard them saying "Two weeks!" a few times as they clinked their glasses together.

Intrigued, he asked, "So what are you two ladies celebrating this evening?"

One blonde said, "We got this puzzle, and on the box it said "6 months to 1 year."  The other blonde said, "And we finished it together in only TWO WEEKS!"

:P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi

I received RFE regarding the Medical Examination after I360 approval. I have a doubt here. Should I send it with my attorney or can I send it myself?

If I send it through my attorney it will be delayed for at least two weeks and if I send it by myself I can do it tomorrow first thing in the morning.

Also, how long does it take for USCIS to send GC after medical?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.