1,243 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
23 hours ago, 2020filer said:

Also, if my green card isn’t approved yet, can I apply and receive Medicaid? And Unemployment Insurance? Thank you for your response. 

You need PF to file for Medicaid. The state can still turn you down. For unemployment. It is based on your work here in the us. You can file for it. 

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

I need help I applied for vawa in july and on september I received a letter my case was transferred but I have not received anything else. no biometrics appointment or anything else. is this normas? 

1 hour ago, Wilifanfano said:

I need help I applied for vawa in july and on september I received a letter my case was transferred but I have not received anything else. no biometrics appointment or anything else. is this normas? 

Y

1 hour ago, Wilifanfano said:

You have your vawa approved??

On 12/15/2023 at 3:47 PM, Sandra G. said:

First and foremost, the I-751 WAIVER is not a VAWA petition, it is a waiver based on abuse.

You messed up filing form I360. You refiled form I751, WHY DID YOU FILE FORM i-360? if good faith was the basis for the I-751 denial, what steps would you take to prove bona fide marriage in your VAWA claim?  Hire an attorney, your case is messy.

filed both I-751 vawa (i got conditional green card that expired) and I-360 vawa. I-751 was denied. I filed another one to get my I-551 stamp to travel and work, it's still pending as I filed only few months ago. In a meantime my i-360 was approved, but I am abroad. What are my options? USCIS may deny or approve pending I-751 vawa or maybe I just withdraw it? I still have valid stamp until Uscis denies my application, which can happen soon or in a few years. I'm not sure how it works with I-485? How much time do I have to file if I come back to the states in the nearest future? Or maybe I should not file at all? 

The attorney filed both: I-751 waiver and I-360 vawa. I think I didn't mess up i-360 since it's been approved. I guess a Vermont worker was more empathetic and considered my case positively whilst the one in Miami field office who denied I-751 disregarded my evidence. 

I'm not sure how it works with I-485? How much time do I have to file if I come back to the states in the nearest future? Or maybe I should not file at all?  thank you! 

30 minutes ago, Rosa Garcia said:

The attorney filed both: I-751 waiver and I-360 vawa. I think I didn't mess up i-360 since it's been approved. I guess a Vermont worker was more empathetic and considered my case positively whilst the one in Miami field office who denied I-751 disregarded my evidence. 

I'm not sure how it works with I-485? How much time do I have to file if I come back to the states in the nearest future? Or maybe I should not file at all?  thank you! 

You cannot file I-485 until you give up LPR status! But why would you give it up, if you're already a GC holder and have I-751 on file?

3 minutes ago, Reto said:

She even said she has a wava approved. Im so lost reading everything 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

@Rosa Garcia has a very complex and twisted case. From what I remember she had I-751 denied due to fraud accusations

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Sunday means that it's time for our Official Weekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

========================

SEEING ORANGE

A man told his psychiatrist, "Doctor, my brother thinks he's an orange."

The psychiatrist said, "When can I see him?"

The man replied, "Hold on -- just let me pull him out of my pocket."

:P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
21 hours ago, Rosa Garcia said:

You cannot file for VAWA when you already have a Green Card. You cannot file for I-485. You already have a Green Card. Have you filed for divorce?  It is easier to get a divorce waiver than an abuse waiver.  Also, did you file for recently permit before you left so you can be able to be gone for 2 years with your family. 

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

15 minutes ago, Pinkrlion said:

You cannot file for VAWA when you already have a Green Card. You cannot file for I-485. You already have a Green Card. Have you filed for divorce?  It is easier to get a divorce waiver than an abuse waiver.  Also, did you file for recently permit before you left so you can be able to be gone for 2 years with your family. 

She got denied due:

"I got denied due to lack of evidence (bona fide) marriage and fraud accusations. Never had RFE or interview..."

On 12/15/2023 at 1:42 PM, Pinkrlion said:

You need PF to file for Medicaid. The state can still turn you down. For unemployment. It is based on your work here in the us. You can file for it. 

I have an approved Vawa already, just not the GC. Thanks!

On 12/16/2023 at 9:02 AM, Wilifanfano said:

I submitted mine back in June, did my biometrics just recently.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

On 12/16/2023 at 4:13 PM, OldUser said:

@Rosa Garcia has a very complex and twisted case. From what I remember she had I-751 denied due to fraud accusations

Well here's the thing - USCIS will upon a denial of I-751 place you into removal proceedings. Immigration judge can review the I-751 de novo and can approve it, alternatively you can in fact file I-360 if you're still within the filing window (within 2 years of termination of marriage), file I-485 with the court and re-adjust. 

Sometimes they don't and you basically have to request it from them...

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 12/16/2023 at 4:34 PM, Rosa Garcia said:

Vermont approved the Vawa petition (l360) the l485 is adjudicated by the local office,you need to be inside the U.S to file for adjustment of status.

Edited by Sandra G.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 11/7/2023 at 9:10 AM, Demise said:

Depends on what was put as the form numbers on the G-28.

Anyways, with a G-28 they send a copy of any notices to both the attorney and you.

Yes

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.