petitioner2023

When to complete DS-160?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

no,  u must wait for embassy to receive the visa /NVC does not review the case

it will assign a CSB2024xxxxxxx number and forward the case to Casa

embassy now schedule K1 interview in Casa

Documents needed of which at this time the USC should make sure 2023 taxes are filed as u need IRS transcript with the I 134 from petitioner along with photo ID like State ID or DL to prove US residency

Documents Required for the Visa Interview

• Birth certificate
  • Police certificate (fiche anthropometrique) and English translation
  • Court record (casier judiciare) and English translation
  • Singlehood certificate and English translation
  • Original marriage certificate plus a copy and English translation if applicable
  • Original divorce certificate plus a copy and English translation if applicable
  • Death certificate and English translation if applicable
  • Medical record from one of our panel physicians
  • 2 photos (5cm x 5cm) white background
  • $265 paid in cash at the Consulate, in either U.S. Dollars or the equivalent in Moroccan Dirhams.
  • Non-Remarriage certificate & English translation.
  • I-134 Affidavit of Support form (with petitioner’s original signature) along with a copy of the petitioner’s most recent tax return
    • Please note that the petitioner must fill out the I-134 form even if he or she thinks that their income does not meet the Poverty Income Guidelines
  • The beneficiary of the K petition must also fill out the DS-160.
  • Confirmation page of DS-160 submission.
  • Police records from foreign countries lived at for one (1) year or more.

17 minutes ago, petitioner2023 said:

Thanks! I assuming that's when the case status changes to "ready".

Yes, I would advise to fill out a DS-160 when it shows ready (that’s what I did). 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Personally I waited until my then USC fiance received the email from the embassy that described what to do next. That happened a little while after the status changed to "ready". 

Edited by Scandi

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
20 minutes ago, petitioner2023 said:

How long typically does it take to change from "At NVC" to "Ready"? And is there anything I should/could be doing to expedite the status change?

NVC ship  cases to Embassy every 2 weeks or so with some exceptions. Next shipment should be 9 Apr 2024.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Do invoice numbers get assigned once NVC forwards cases to the embassies?  We got a case number because I submitted an inquiry; however, no invoice number means we aren't able to sign in and start on paperwork.

Thanks for the info on NVC shipments though!  We hope our status will change from "At NVC" this week then.  It's been like that for almost a month (sent to Dept of State: Mar 8th).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.