Merappi

Adding Foreign Spouse To Health Insurance Plan?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Merappi said:

Hello, 

Has anyone added their non-us citizen spouse to their health insurance before without a SSN? I am trying to add my Ghanaian husband to mine to support our IR-30 Process

Good chance you can't add a non-resident, and in most cases, that would be very expensive.  Each plan has its own rules and policies. I was able to add my spouse to a corporate plan based on her arrival using a K3 visa in combination with a marriage certificate.  Some plans won't add without a SS number.  It's not that they "can't".  It's just their policy.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Merappi said:

Hello, 

Has anyone added their non-us citizen spouse to their health insurance before without a SSN? I am trying to add my Ghanaian husband to mine to support our IR-30 Process

Is your husband in the US?

I was able to add my husband, without SS, prior to immigrating.  I placed SS as 000-00-0000 in our HR site and noted to follow.  We have BCBSTX global coverage. BCBS provided me with link to register/create login to their global network then.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
On 3/4/2024 at 7:06 PM, Merappi said:

Hello, 

I talked to my employer, they gave me a signed letter from HR that she will be added upon arrival, because ours usually only allows changes due to life change events, like a marriage. But she is not here in the U.S yet, so I sent a letter along with my I130 that states she will be added when she arrives here. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
On 3/4/2024 at 7:06 PM, Merappi said:

Hello, 

I was able to add my spouse to my employer provided health insurance during the annual enrollment period. Our portal only asked for her name and DOB. The provider is Cigna, if it matters.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
44 minutes ago, InaneTripe said:

I was able to add my spouse to my employer provided health insurance during the annual enrollment period. Our portal only asked for her name and DOB. The provider is Cigna, if it matters.

The provider matters.  What you can do is entirely up to them.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.