Reynal2m

I-130 Grounds to expedite

22 posts in this topic

Good afternoon beautiful people,

I hope this message finds you well.

I want to know if this reason is enough to expedite my I-130 petition:

1. For 23 years, my mother has been residing unlawfully in New York. Due to her entry with borrowed documents, she is unable to return to our country or regularize her status. We lost contact when I was 8 years old, and since then, she has been battling depression, especially after being diagnosed with stomach cancer in 2020.

Do you think these are enough grounds to request an expedite?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Regards,

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Reynal2m said:

1. For 23 years, my mother has been residing unlawfully in New York. Due to her entry with borrowed documents, she is unable to return to our country or regularize her status. We lost contact when I was 8 years old, and since then, she has been battling depression, especially after being diagnosed with stomach cancer in 2020.

Regards,

In short, no.  You have posted in a spouse visa forum. Please clarify whether you are the US Citizen or the foreign spouse.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

1 hour ago, Reynal2m said:

Regards,

They will not expedite for the benefit of an illegal alien.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

She cannot sponsor you

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
3 minutes ago, SalishSea said:

They will not expedite for the benefit of an illegal alien.

Correct, but just as a point of discussion, if the US Citizen petitioner, is dealing with a financial hardship, such as cannot work because they have to be the caregiver for THEIR mother, it might be worth a shot.  Slim chances though.  If it's the mother of the foreign spouse, no chance at all.  That's why I asked.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Boiler said:

She cannot sponsor you

No, but since this is a spouse visa forum, I asked the OP to clarify whether they are the USC petitioner or the foreign spouse.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

Just a guess but he seems to wan to expedite his case on the basis of his illegal mother.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

On 2/28/2024 at 5:29 PM, pushbrk said:

In short, no.  You have posted in a spouse visa forum. Please clarify whether you are the US Citizen or the foreign spouse.

Thanks, it's the beneficiary's mother. 

Timeline

Why can she not gpo home and get the care she needs?

Timeline
4 hours ago, Reynal2m said:

Thanks, it's the beneficiary's mother. 

Expedites are granted based on special circumstances or hardships related to the US Citizen, not the foreigner, and certainly not the foreigner's mother.  Bringing this up as part of a spouse visa case would call into question the validity of the marriage itself, and jeopardize the spouse visa.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

On 2/28/2024 at 4:15 PM, Reynal2m said:

Regards,

You can try. You just never know with immigration. Mine was denied for Humanitarian Reasons. My husband lives in a border state (US/MX). I told them how unsafe is for me to travel there due to the violence and I was denied. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, PerlaN said:

You can try. You just never know with immigration. Mine was denied for Humanitarian Reasons. My husband lives in a border state (US/MX). I told them how unsafe is for me to travel there due to the violence and I was denied. 

"You can try" anything, but trying this is more likely to bring the validity of the marriage relationship into question, than to have any positive result.  There ARE cases where "trying" CAN hurt.  In most cases, no harm,  but in this case, there's a good chance it COULD do harm, particularly if this is a new marriage.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

15 hours ago, pushbrk said:

"You can try" anything, but trying this is more likely to bring the validity of the marriage relationship into question, than to have any positive result.  There ARE cases where "trying" CAN hurt.  In most cases, no harm,  but in this case, there's a good chance it COULD do harm, particularly if this is a new marriage.

Thank you for your response and the recommendations provided. I've decided not to request expedited processing, as your suggestions resonate with me. Rushing the process could be perceived as either suspicious or desperate, especially considering my mother's lack of legal status, which may not qualify as a valid reason for expediting. My husband is a travel agent, has a flexible schedule and can visit me 1-2 times a month. Given these circumstances, I don't feel any urgency regarding the procedure.

18 hours ago, PerlaN said:

Thanks for the response. My husband and I have decided to not to request any expedites unless it is merely necessary.

On 3/1/2024 at 11:11 AM, Boiler said:

Why can she not gpo home and get the care she needs?

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry, this is her personal decision, I don't like to questionate people on their decissions. 

Regards,

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.