R&OC

USCIS claims we requested a rescheduling of interview but we never asked?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

(N-600 for my children- waiting on their processing for more than two years by now - field office San Diego)

I am at loss. After more than two years of waiting and about 13 months exceeding regular processing times, my son just received a message from USCIS:

"We have received and approved your request for your interview to be rescheduled. Your application has been placed back in queue for interview rescheduling at a USCIS field office. Once an appointment is available, your interview will be rescheduled".

Fact is, we never asked for a rescheduling. Is this a template answer for something else? We do our regular "out of normal processing times" inquiry every three months but definitely never asked to reschedule anything. We have been waiting for an interview for so long, it is such a tease. My daughter received the notification that an interview notice had been mailed out in October but then never received an invitation. USCIS then claimed it was an error on their behalf. What do I do now? And even better, how would I be able to get in touch with USCIS about this as their service agents are not helping at all.

Edited by R&OC

1 hour ago, R&OC said:

My daughter received the notification that an interview notice had been mailed out in October but then never received an invitation. 

1 hour ago, R&OC said:

"We have received and approved your request for your interview to be rescheduled. Your application has been placed back in queue for interview rescheduling at a USCIS field office. Once an appointment is available, your interview will be rescheduled".

Fact is, we never asked for a rescheduling. 

I'm sorry you're going through this. In USCIS's twisted logic, the interview invitation was sent, your daughter never showed up for it and now it's being rescheduled.

Has she changed addresses since filing N-600?

Any other mail delivered to that address OK?

Timeline
1 hour ago, OldUser said:

I'm sorry you're going through this. In USCIS's twisted logic, the interview invitation was sent, your daughter never showed up for it and now it's being rescheduled.

Has she changed addresses since filing N-600?

Any other mail delivered to that address OK?

it’s actually even more twisted because my son’s status never showed “interview notice sent out” but “ready to be scheduled for an interview”. But he was the one receiving an update this morning. 

11 minutes ago, R&OC said:

it’s actually even more twisted because my son’s status never showed “interview notice sent out” but “ready to be scheduled for an interview”. But he was the one receiving an update this morning. 

What about address questions I asked? Did you move?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, OldUser said:

What about address questions I asked? Did you move?

Sorry, I missed that part. We changed address within the county (same USCIS field office).

Timeline
51 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Was USCIS aware of it? Looks like they sent notices to old address.

We changed the address two weeks ago but have family living at our old address. They didn’t receive any notification. Also, there are no notifications in their respective accounts (the kids, I mean)… or does USCIS not upload the notifications?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Croatia
Timeline
9 hours ago, R&OC said:

We changed the address two weeks ago but have family living at our old address. They didn’t receive any notification. Also, there are no notifications in their respective accounts (the kids, I mean)… or does USCIS not upload the notifications?

I suggest downloading and adding your case to the App "Lawfully." it will alert you on your iphone when there's a status update to your case 

• Arrived to USA on F-1 Student Visa on 08/16/2016
  • Submitted I-485 & I-130 on 09/25/2017
  • Approved Green Card (IR7 category) on 05/17/2019
  • Electronically submitted N-400 on 02/19/2024
  • Biometrics Reuse received on 02/19/2024
  • Interview Notice received on 04/21/2024 (interview scheduled for 06/10/2024 at Chicago FO)

Timeline

I am not sure how to add my children to my threat as there isn’t a field to enter their information. Both kids have had a Us passport for two years now. We do have an app - I believe it’s USCIS‘s app? And we are getting the updates so far. I just don’t understand how USCIS claims (and only for my son NOT my daughter) we would ask for a reschedule of his interview? This is so messed up at this point.

Timeline
On 2/22/2024 at 7:45 PM, OldUser said:

Was USCIS aware of it? Looks like they sent notices to old address.

Would these notices not be uploaded to their USCIS accounts? Let’s just assume, they mailed something and it was never delivered? Wouldn’t I be able to find said notice on their accounts?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.