276 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Oh Leila... :crying: I am so sorry about what is happening and can not believe that Casablanca is doing this again...you should try to get in touch with Kiya...same have happened to her fiance and I know that she is very resourceful and may have some insight as how you should proceed...as for Casablanca...God only knows what is happening at that post...but it is nothing good and as someone said before they are returning too many petitions to USCIS...once again I feel so terrible about the outcome ...hang in there *hugs*

I am trying, she questioned him for 30 minutes and asked him why he would marry a jewish girl and if his family approved of that. Can you beleive it.

I can not believe the nerve this person has...really that is something that is for the individual to deal with and none of their business...I understand that they want to prevent visa fraud ans who knows what else but this is totally out of line...as many of ladies here mentioned there are venues to fight them back and I feel that you have what it takes so go for it and just be persistent... get help as soon as possible...our thoughts and prayers are with you and your man.

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Sorry to read your post about the 221g coming back to the states. I would try and contact someone at the embassy. Keep all your records organized and hopefully they can get this taken care of before it comes back to the states. I think Mary of Mary and Atif was sucessful on her K3 that was handled this way; they had to reinterview I think and then visa was issued. Good luck.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

I'm so sorry, what terrible news :( I agree with the others, try to get in touch with the consulate right away, that's how Mary was able to turn her 221(g) around into an approval. There's a kind group of ladies who are in the same situation as you, and they've probably already contacted you.

Hang in there and fight this!

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Filed: Timeline

Oh Leila... :crying: I am so sorry about what is happening and can not believe that Casablanca is doing this again...you should try to get in touch with Kiya...same have happened to her fiance and I know that she is very resourceful and may have some insight as how you should proceed...as for Casablanca...God only knows what is happening at that post...but it is nothing good and as someone said before they are returning too many petitions to USCIS...once again I feel so terrible about the outcome ...hang in there *hugs*

I am trying, she questioned him for 30 minutes and asked him why he would marry a jewish girl and if his family approved of that. Can you beleive it.

I can not believe the nerve this person has...really that is something that is for the individual to deal with and none of their business...I understand that they want to prevent visa fraud ans who knows what else but this is totally out of line...as many of ladies here mentioned there are venues to fight them back and I feel that you have what it takes so go for it and just be persistent... get help as soon as possible...our thoughts and prayers are with you and your man.

The embassy and their USICS goonies are very "COLD"

they asked Mike H. wife intimate details of their marriage. Ugly questions too example.

asking about what side of the bed the wife sleep on things of this nature.

apprently this check they had was called a "stroke interview" so asking about marrying a jewish girl

was pretty tame- insulting but tame. they asked me at my interivew was my husband Gay. I dont know where they got the nerve to ask that. I said no and refused to answer any questions like that.

shon.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

During an interview to inquire intimate and very personal questions should be reported to the Consolate General at that American Embassy. This should not be tolerated at any time. CO should conduct themselves as if they are here in the USA. I certainly would document every questions and concerns to have some hard evidence to your case.

This is absolutely to intimidate the interviewers.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm sorry this happened and I know you're upset. However, these people have a job to do and none of us know how many applications they have. I am amazed at the number of women on this site who are in a relationship with men from Morocco, don't you think that raises red flags? All of these relationships are NOT going to work. Divorce rates are high and the fact that many of you have not known each other for very long all contribute to doubt on the Consulate's part.

My fairy tale relationship rapidly changed to living in hell after the love of my life got his visa and moved to America. I'm not trying to burst anyone bubble, but please try to look at it from another view point. This mean woman that all of you refer to has sat across her desk from countless young Moroccan men seeking a visa to come to America. I'm sure she has her reasons for doubting them and she is providing you with an opportunity to test your love. Remember true love lasts and can withstand hardship.

As far as asking questions goes, again that's their job. I see nothing wrong with asking why he would want to marry a Jewish girl. I bet his friends had the same quesetion. My friends certainly wanted to know why I was marrying a Muslim man and if I didn't have concerns about religious differences. The stoke interview is performed when they suspect the relationship is not real. I see nothing wrong with asking which side of the bed your husband sleeps on.

Maybe my opinions are different than yours, but sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees. I know this was true in my case. I'm suggesting that you try to look at it from their point of view. We alll tend to see things through rose colored glasses when we're in love.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I just got a call from Mouhcine, he got a 221g and it said:

your petition has been returned to the department of homeland security's Bureau of citizenship and immigration servece for further investigation . please contact the Bureau of citizentship and immigration service office where your petition as filed for addition information.

There was no AR/AP info on it. He had the notorious lady! Any help please?

Leila

hi Leila,

I am sorry that this has happend. The words of comfort I have for you is that 221g is not the ended of the world it is a TEMP denial. your case is still being Adjudicated for a decision. what will happen next is they will proble interview you and perhaps interview your hubby again. I got my petition returned long before it reached the embassy level. Mine got returned and then sent to dallas USICS office. I had 2 hours hellish interrogation by the officer here. we got approved. then after that we had 2 field investigations. this consisted of the Pakistan embassy. visiting my husbands family on 2 random occasions.

Please keep all your proof togeather and stay organized. right now its also important that you and hubby keep communicating - visit each other its a long process. I dont know anyone on this board that has had there 2nd or 3rd interview since the influx of returned petitions from Casa. I am not sure what the longest wait is. but, certainly, you have a lot of support from me and from all the others on the ME forums. hang in there kid.

leila... bless your heart... please just know that there is soooooooooooo much support here... and that we are always wishing you the best... please keep us updated as to what your attorney and the congressmen say and do in your battle with casa. *hugs*

Lynne

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I'm sorry this happened and I know you're upset. However, these people have a job to do and none of us know how many applications they have. I am amazed at the number of women on this site who are in a relationship with men from Morocco, don't you think that raises red flags? All of these relationships are NOT going to work. Divorce rates are high and the fact that many of you have not known each other for very long all contribute to doubt on the Consulate's part.

My fairy tale relationship rapidly changed to living in hell after the love of my life got his visa and moved to America. I'm not trying to burst anyone bubble, but please try to look at it from another view point. This mean woman that all of you refer to has sat across her desk from countless young Moroccan men seeking a visa to come to America. I'm sure she has her reasons for doubting them and she is providing you with an opportunity to test your love. Remember true love lasts and can withstand hardship.

As far as asking questions goes, again that's their job. I see nothing wrong with asking why he would want to marry a Jewish girl. I bet his friends had the same quesetion. My friends certainly wanted to know why I was marrying a Muslim man and if I didn't have concerns about religious differences. The stoke interview is performed when they suspect the relationship is not real. I see nothing wrong with asking which side of the bed your husband sleeps on.

Maybe my opinions are different than yours, but sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees. I know this was true in my case. I'm suggesting that you try to look at it from their point of view. We alll tend to see things through rose colored glasses when we're in love.

I can't help but take offense to this post. I'm sure you meant no harm and you're just trying to play devil's advocate, but I'm sure this is not what Leila needs right now, in light of today's news.

I don't know anything about Leila's relationship with her fiance, whether they met online, how many times they've seen each other, etc. And because of that, I don't feel that anyone at VJ has the means to judge her case or imply that the CO at Casablanca made a wise decision. You even say that you are sure she has her reasons for doubting them. Well, if that's the case, then I'm sure that Leila is aware of those very reasons as well.

And as for being given the opportunity to test one's love...isn't that what the entire visa process is? 221g or not?

I think we here on this forum are here for support and advice on the process.

A post that amounts to, "Well, you know, the CO could be right. And you might unknowingly be the victim of visa fraud." is not supportive.

Filed: Timeline

Oh gosh. I have spent so many hours trying to crawl inside some unknown COs head that it left my brains spinning. No one has any idea WHY they choose the questions they choose and I know well they can be demeaning and infuriating, but I think there is much at play in an interview on so many levels. One of those necessary evils I guess.

I will say that most of the ME/NA Embassies are high fraud Embassies and we are all well aware of it. The individuals who post here, although I don't know any personally, all appear to be fairly intelligent and savvy individuals. I think there is much that goes without saying.

I will agree that discussing some of the less savory aspects of this is probably best avoided. At this point in the game we are all well aware of those. I'm not advocating sticking the head in sand, I guess what I'm saying is that we are all understanding of the level of fraud in these areas and have most likely considered this at some point in our respective relationships. I am another who sees no need to bloody the waters of this and would personally prefer to offer support. The emotions of this visa journey are some of the hardest I've ever had to bear up to in my life and I honestly spent a few days where I don't know what I would have done without the support I received here.

Keep your chin up and continue forward with a positive attitude. The only way to get what you want in life is to go after it... SO GO AFTER IT GIRL!

Timeline

********************************************************************************

I am so sorry to hear that your relationship failed. Your response is based on emotion and not truth. What you have stated is not true. Whether a relationship fails or not is not up to a CO. It is up to the couple. It is also not the job of a CO to re adjudicate approved BCIS petitions (according to the immigration law).

While it is true CO's have a lot of work to do, it is their chosen profession and they have an obligation to do it properly being government employees. They are not to second guess BCIS nor or they to presume fraud. They must have concrete evidence before they return cases to BCIS. This has not been the case in the most recent year.

As far as divorce rates being high, may I suggest that any time a couple from different cultures and different religions get married there are many issues that need to be considered by the couple. It is not an easy road to go down. The mere fact that they were raised in different countries bring such a multitude of problems that will need to be resolved. I do not wish to get into the details of such unions, just point out the fact that there will be much the couple will have to work out together.

You mentioned you had a "fairytale relationship". There is no such thing my dear. Perhaps that is where it went wrong for you. I am so sorry it ended for you. You are correct, true love will last. But it is not up to our government to decide that for us. It is up to us to decide who we want to marry and spend our life with.

Just to bring up another point, there are many divorces between Americans too. Just because mixed marriages end is not a reason not to have them. On the other hand tolerance is a very good virtue to have when it comes to marriage to anyone. No one is perfect, there are no fairy tale romances, no white knight is shining armor. Being married is just plain hard work!

Asking about one's religion is considered discrimination! I would be so upset if the CO had the nerve to ask me or my husband about our religious differences. It is none of their business. What they are there for is to make sure all of our paperwork is in order. If they find concrete evidence that we have not a valid relationship then it is their duty to deny a visa to such a couple. Unfortunately, Casa is now gaining the reputation for denying couples based on who knows what.

Yes you are right, we do have different opinions. However, one cannot violate the law and get away with it. Why then does the consulate in Casa get away with it? I am opposed to Casa's point of view because it violates the law.

To be sure, I have not on rose colored glasses. My husband has been the same loving person he was when I met him in 2003. Each day that goes by deepens our love for each other. Yes, the immigration process can easily destroy us if we let it. That is so sad.

I wish you much love and happiness in the future.

098bdb652297eb8af8222ef77903ebf5.gif

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

It was not my intention to hurt feelings. Yes, my relationship ended and the fairytale expression was a comparsion for what it became. My mention of divorce was intended to cover all marriages, not just those between a US citizen and someone from another country. I am not saying the Consulate is right and petitioners are wrong. I am saying the process is long and difficult. I went through it, I know. Our case was in administrative review for 7-months. It took a year and a half to get the visa. During this time we waited and worried. I wish I had known about this site then.

I admit I am hurt by what happened and it will take a long time to heal. I still believe in marriages between mixed cultures and religions. I sincerly hope each of you will have a wonderful and long marriage. I come here to read about your visa journey and keep my fingers crossed that things will go well. I'm not some sick woman who wants others to suffer because I did.

I said what I did because I think the COs have a difficult job and while it would be nice if they were nice, many times dealing with those in certain fields is just plain unplesant. They have something you want and you have no other way of getting it other than to wait.

I don't think my post was harsh nor offensive. If the OP took it that way, then I offer her an apology.

The problem at Casa right now is that, contrary to their own regulations, they seem to be sending files back without telling the petitioner or beneficiary why and without offering them a chance to refute the CO's doubts at the consular level. Even if the CO has justifiable doubts, they are supposed to express those doubts and offer an opportunity to clear up any misunderstandings. The COs at Casa are NOT doing this. They need to follow their own rules before they'll get any sympathy from me about how hard it is because there is so much fraud.

I think part of the reason you see a lot more men from these countries marrying foreign women than vice versa is because it is permitted for Muslim men to marry outside of their religion, whereas Muslim women are not permitted to do so. I think if it were otherwise it might be more even.

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Timeline
The problem at Casa right now is that, contrary to their own regulations, they seem to be sending files back without telling the petitioner or beneficiary why and without offering them a chance to refute the CO's doubts at the consular level. Even if the CO has justifiable doubts, they are supposed to express those doubts and offer an opportunity to clear up any misunderstandings. The COs at Casa are NOT doing this. They need to follow their own rules before they'll get any sympathy from me about how hard it is because there is so much fraud.

I think part of the reason you see a lot more men from these countries marrying foreign women than vice versa is because it is permitted for Muslim men to marry outside of their religion, whereas Muslim women are not permitted to do so. I think if it were otherwise it might be more even.

A very true post! Who of us can break the law and get away with it? As we see...Casa does it everyday! The consulate is required to give the petitioner and the benificiary the actual reason for the denial of a visa on the day it is denied. That is the grounds one can use to overcome the denial once BCIS sends a letter notifing the petitioner that they have reason to revoke the petition. NOt only that, but you are correct in saying that if there are concerns about the relationship then the CO is to help the benificiary the opportunity to overcome them.

This is where everyone needs to complain to the Department of State to get this situation under control. It really doesnt matter who was affected by them, just write and complain! Bring these injustices to their attention. The same situation was going on in South Africa and finally it was changes. A new Consular General and a big investigation. I have a friend who suffered for 5 years going through that consulate.

098bdb652297eb8af8222ef77903ebf5.gif

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hiya Leila .....................I want to say .I understand , I am currently working on this with the sec of state by submitting a long letter . Please feel free to pm me or write an email . I would be happy to listen and let you know what is going on so far with my case that was sent back too. Please feel free to join our group as well. As far as consular officers, they are not to reajudicate approved petitions . I am sorry to differ with the oppinion in here... that it is their job to ask questions and make decisions like that . First of all none of us expect a co to look at someone and say ok you can have a visa . What we do expect is for a fair and legal interview , without predjudice and discrimination. That is our right ....to choose who we love, regardless or race , creed, or religion .Unless there is solid evidence of fraud , or a violation of the application process , IE criminal record , is not legally free to marry , or has a communicable disease . The co does not have the right to take that away from us ... Especially when there is a valid relationship .....documented and approved by dhs . Leila ,...this is not the end ...this will be reopened and you will have a chance to show validity . Keep your chin up . YOU ARE NOT ALONE !!

:luv: WE can all fight and win this unjust suspension!!

Christine

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Morocco

I-129F Sent : 2006-01-09

I-129F NOA1 : 2006-01-13

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2006-01-31

NVC Received : 2006-02-06

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.