276 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am sooo sorry to hear this. You did the right thing, you contacted your representative. With luck they can push hard before they send it back. I have heard of this happening twice..once was just recently, and from Morocco. Once it has left Casa then you are in for a long wait.

You might want to join our group. This group is specifically for people that have had their petitions sent back. Almost all of them are from Morocco. Its a little dead right now, Kiya is gone, and I am in the middle of quarter end at work, not sure what everyone else is up to...maybe just taking a break. We are all at different stages of the process, and we are all willing to help the best we can.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/desert_roses/

We are here for you....just be strong.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I am sooo sorry to hear this. You did the right thing, you contacted your representative. With luck they can push hard before they send it back. I have heard of this happening twice..once was just recently, and from Morocco. Once it has left Casa then you are in for a long wait.

You might want to join our group. This group is specifically for people that have had their petitions sent back. Almost all of them are from Morocco. Its a little dead right now, Kiya is gone, and I am in the middle of quarter end at work, not sure what everyone else is up to...maybe just taking a break. We are all at different stages of the process, and we are all willing to help the best we can.

Thank you so much. I am so exhausted from this. :crying:

01/2006 - Filed k1(1st time)

04/2006 - Interview (1st time) denied

Waited, waited...... no review

06/2009 - Filed k1 (2nd time)

09/2009 - NOA 2 approved

12/2009 - Interview (2nd time) APPROVED! VISA ISSUED

02/2010 - Arrived USA

04/2010 - Married

AOS Timeline

4/19/2010-Sent to Chicago Lockbox

4/26/2010-Received texts and emails 7th day

4/30/2010-Received NOA's(Hardcopies) 11th day

5/3/2010-Received ASC appointment notice(mailed 4/29/2010)14th day

5/7/2010-Walk-in Biometrics done(2 weeks earlier)18th day

5/13/2010-Case transferred to CSC

6/2/2010- Case received/resumed at CSC

6/18,6/22,6/23 AOS touches

6/28/2010- EAD production and touch on AP

6/29/2010-AOS APPROVED

7/2/2010- 2nd update on EAD production and touched on AP....

7/6/2010- Received "Welcome Letter" and AP document

7/12/2010-Received GREEN CARD and EAD

greencard.jpg

Filed: Timeline
I'm sorry this happened and I know you're upset. However, these people have a job to do and none of us know how many applications they have. I am amazed at the number of women on this site who are in a relationship with men from Morocco, don't you think that raises red flags? All of these relationships are NOT going to work. Divorce rates are high and the fact that many of you have not known each other for very long all contribute to doubt on the Consulate's part.

My fairy tale relationship rapidly changed to living in hell after the love of my life got his visa and moved to America. I'm not trying to burst anyone bubble, but please try to look at it from another view point. This mean woman that all of you refer to has sat across her desk from countless young Moroccan men seeking a visa to come to America. I'm sure she has her reasons for doubting them and she is providing you with an opportunity to test your love. Remember true love lasts and can withstand hardship.

As far as asking questions goes, again that's their job. I see nothing wrong with asking why he would want to marry a Jewish girl. I bet his friends had the same quesetion. My friends certainly wanted to know why I was marrying a Muslim man and if I didn't have concerns about religious differences. The stoke interview is performed when they suspect the relationship is not real. I see nothing wrong with asking which side of the bed your husband sleeps on.

Maybe my opinions are different than yours, but sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees. I know this was true in my case. I'm suggesting that you try to look at it from their point of view. We alll tend to see things through rose colored glasses when we're in love.

How dare you!

just because your relationship changed and obvously leaving a bitter taste in your mouth dont mean these other ladies or myself going thought this is like YOU or YOUR husband. when you were going thought this stuff you certainly had your eyes looking though rose colored glasses nothing hell wrong with that!! I hope these ladies NEVER stop seeing the world in rose colored glasses because, Marriage is supposed to be fun!!! as for you, I think you need start looking under the bed for your rose colored glasses you forgot what its like to be happy like we are in our relationships. this return the petition stuff is a mild set back it should make each couple stronger not fall apart.

shon.gif

Timeline
It was not my intention to hurt feelings. Yes, my relationship ended and the fairytale expression was a comparsion for what it became. My mention of divorce was intended to cover all marriages, not just those between a US citizen and someone from another country. I am not saying the Consulate is right and petitioners are wrong. I am saying the process is long and difficult. I went through it, I know. Our case was in administrative review for 7-months. It took a year and a half to get the visa. During this time we waited and worried. I wish I had known about this site then.

I admit I am hurt by what happened and it will take a long time to heal. I still believe in marriages between mixed cultures and religions. I sincerly hope each of you will have a wonderful and long marriage. I come here to read about your visa journey and keep my fingers crossed that things will go well. I'm not some sick woman who wants others to suffer because I did.

I said what I did because I think the COs have a difficult job and while it would be nice if they were nice, many times dealing with those in certain fields is just plain unplesant. They have something you want and you have no other way of getting it other than to wait.

I don't think my post was harsh nor offensive. If the OP took it that way, then I offer her an apology.

Of course the consulate has a job to do, and a difficult one at that! I think what people are saying here is more along the lines that they are required to follow certain procedures. I suspect that you haven't followed some of the posts lately concerning this consulate. You have every right to have an opinion as much as any of us. What I am thinking is possibly you don't know all of the facts. Maybe this will change your opinion, maybe not, but it is always wise to be educated.

First, they are suppose to have concrete evidence before petitions are sent back. This isn't the case for us, no concrete evidence. I can't speak for the other ladies, only they can. But from what I have learned is that they think I am being paid to marry my husband. I haven't been paid, nor will I ever be, therefore no concrete evidence.

Second they are required to provide us in as much detail as possible the reason it is returned. Those of us in these shoes have never once been told why they have been sent back.

Third, they are required to give us an opportunity at the consulate level to provide them with information to prove our case before it is sent back to the CIS. They won't even talk to us, let alone give us an opportunity to prove our case. In fact, the only evidence of our relationship they looked at was our pictures. Not one other piece. How can this be fair?

Fourth, they are suppose to send them back timely...within a week or two. They didn't send ours back for 2 months, but they lied and told our congressman that it was sent back the same day as the interview.

This is just a short version of the violations that Casablanca has made in returning our petitions. I am sure that you haven't done an indepth research on this subject, but those of us in this situation have. I am aware that Morocco is considered a high fraud country, and each application should be fully examined. My husband suspects one person he knows of fraud (and he is already in the US), and he knows of one guy that is using a woman to immigrate to Canada. It really upsets him because our marriage is real, but yet there are plenty out there that are making it hard on the rest of us.

I'm sorry to hear about your heartbreak, and you are right not to give up on love. I really gave my husband a hard time before I let him into my heart, I just plain don't trust most men, be it US citizens or foreigners. He passed every test with flying colors. We have known each other for 2 1/2 years and have been married for 1 1/2 years. Somedays we are madly in love, some days we could strangle each other, but the bottom line is that we are going to be together forever, incha allah.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

I am SO sorry to hear about what you're going through. It seriously made me cry when I read your post stating that you will fight for him. I can't imagine what you're feeling right now. Please know that even though we can't physically go into the consulate in Casa and bitchslap the officer for you and grab the file and stamp "approved" on it, we are all here to listen and offer support when you need it.

Good luck, and try to stay positive. Think of how sweet it will be when you finally can be together without obstacles and how much stronger your relationship will be because of everything you've already gone through.

4/15/06- Visa in hand!!!

4/21/06 Arrival in U.S.

5/11/06 Legal Marriage

11/4/06 Wedding

AOS

6/12/06 AOS, EAD, and AP papers sent off

6/26/06 NOA1 Date

7/17/06 Biometrics done

8/04/06 Case transferred to CSC

8/8/06 Case received at CSC

9/21/06 Greencard received!!!!

8/31/09 Naturalization- Done with USCIS

Timeline

There have been a wide range of opinions expressed here...and that is a sign that there is a lot of passion concerning what is happening in Casablanca and that no matter what is being said in the defense of "the hard working" CO, their tactics in dealing with what they may suspect as questionable relationships are totally outrageous and simply illegal...As few of the ladies have suggested there is an evident need for an investigation as to the violations of procedure and basic rights...I am not sure where to start...but I guess Department of State would be a good beginning...something must be done to prevent more heartbreaks and unjustified denials...as for the lady with a bad experience....sorry to hear of your situation but there is more to a love story that ends in a heartbreak than just different cultures or religions.....the bottom line is that marriage is a hard work and it is up to the partners to make it work...love is never a fairytale, no matter what anyone says about their relationships...To Leila and Christine...my heart goes out to both of you and I hope that you will be able to find the right venues to get this situation resolved as soon as it is possible..you are in my prayers...Remember that love will conquer all and will help you get thru these difficult moments...My fiance is still waiting for a resolusion to an AR...We both feel so frustrated but now I see that there are worst situation than ours...Fight for your men ladies...they need you now more than ever....

*hugs*

Dorothy

Edited by ella74ny

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Filed: Timeline
I am SO sorry to hear about what you're going through. It seriously made me cry when I read your post stating that you will fight for him. I can't imagine what you're feeling right now. Please know that even though we can't physically go into the consulate in Casa and bitchslap the officer for you and grab the file and stamp "approved" on it, we are all here to listen and offer support when you need it.

Good luck, and try to stay positive. Think of how sweet it will be when you finally can be together without obstacles and how much stronger your relationship will be because of everything you've already gone through.

:thumbs:

I certainly offer my support to all the ladies fighting this hellish process. vent, scream or cry.

its ok.. :thumbs:

shon.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

It was not my intention to hurt feelings. Yes, my relationship ended and the fairytale expression was a comparsion for what it became. My mention of divorce was intended to cover all marriages, not just those between a US citizen and someone from another country. I am not saying the Consulate is right and petitioners are wrong. I am saying the process is long and difficult. I went through it, I know. Our case was in administrative review for 7-months. It took a year and a half to get the visa. During this time we waited and worried. I wish I had known about this site then.

I admit I am hurt by what happened and it will take a long time to heal. I still believe in marriages between mixed cultures and religions. I sincerly hope each of you will have a wonderful and long marriage. I come here to read about your visa journey and keep my fingers crossed that things will go well. I'm not some sick woman who wants others to suffer because I did.

I said what I did because I think the COs have a difficult job and while it would be nice if they were nice, many times dealing with those in certain fields is just plain unplesant. They have something you want and you have no other way of getting it other than to wait.

I don't think my post was harsh nor offensive. If the OP took it that way, then I offer her an apology.

Of course the consulate has a job to do, and a difficult one at that! I think what people are saying here is more along the lines that they are required to follow certain procedures. I suspect that you haven't followed some of the posts lately concerning this consulate. You have every right to have an opinion as much as any of us. What I am thinking is possibly you don't know all of the facts. Maybe this will change your opinion, maybe not, but it is always wise to be educated.

First, they are suppose to have concrete evidence before petitions are sent back. This isn't the case for us, no concrete evidence. I can't speak for the other ladies, only they can. But from what I have learned is that they think I am being paid to marry my husband. I haven't been paid, nor will I ever be, therefore no concrete evidence.

Second they are required to provide us in as much detail as possible the reason it is returned. Those of us in these shoes have never once been told why they have been sent back.

Third, they are required to give us an opportunity at the consulate level to provide them with information to prove our case before it is sent back to the CIS. They won't even talk to us, let alone give us an opportunity to prove our case. In fact, the only evidence of our relationship they looked at was our pictures. Not one other piece. How can this be fair?

Fourth, they are suppose to send them back timely...within a week or two. They didn't send ours back for 2 months, but they lied and told our congressman that it was sent back the same day as the interview.

This is just a short version of the violations that Casablanca has made in returning our petitions. I am sure that you haven't done an indepth research on this subject, but those of us in this situation have. I am aware that Morocco is considered a high fraud country, and each application should be fully examined. My husband suspects one person he knows of fraud (and he is already in the US), and he knows of one guy that is using a woman to immigrate to Canada. It really upsets him because our marriage is real, but yet there are plenty out there that are making it hard on the rest of us.

I'm sorry to hear about your heartbreak, and you are right not to give up on love. I really gave my husband a hard time before I let him into my heart, I just plain don't trust most men, be it US citizens or foreigners. He passed every test with flying colors. We have known each other for 2 1/2 years and have been married for 1 1/2 years. Somedays we are madly in love, some days we could strangle each other, but the bottom line is that we are going to be together forever, incha allah.

Very well said! The same exact thing happened to us on March 2005. Denied due to the validity of the relationship. Yet my husband was not even asked to provide any proof of our relationship! How absurd!

I have since overcome the false lies of the consulate having our I-130 reaffrimed by BCIS and returned to the NVC for action. We are currently awaiting a new interview date with Casa, since January 11!!!. (They are back logged I am told)

It is quite easy to overcome the reason we were denied since Casa violates the laws, but it is very frustrating to have to wait another year + just to get another chance!!!! To me this is the biggest issue. Why not follow the guidelines and give us the chance to overcome the problems they have with our relationships at the consular level as they are supposed to do?

We have been married 2 years now and I am so frustrated at the system that is suppose to bring us together quicker actually keeps us apart longer! Red flags for us? I suppose it is the age issue, but then there are many who don't have a problem and get visas. As I have mentioned before, it is none of my governments business who I marry! Yes, they do have a right to check us out if they find evidence that we may be commiting fraud, but from what I have seen in the past year this has not been the case for the couples who I know who had their petitions returned to BCIS. As Ellis wrote, consulars nned to stick to doing their jobs and not the job of BCIS...ie re adjudicating approved petitions!!!

That is my vent!!

098bdb652297eb8af8222ef77903ebf5.gif

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

Timeline
Do you think there is any reason why they would doubt the relationship? Did she look at the evidence? How many times did you meet? Did you meet any of the red flags ?

I have known Mouhcine from January 2005, we spoke everyday(phone, yahoo, msn). I have all the records. I sent like 200 photos from the time I was there in August 2005(12 days) and January 2006 (11days). She looked at all the paper work my job letter, taxes, divorce decrees...... She questioned him 30 mins and interogated him when she saw I was born in Israel. She asked if I am Jewish, then asked him if he is muslim. THen she asked him how his family would accept me as his wife being Jewish and her face got bright red and her eyes popped out. She then threw back all his papers and told him to leave. She gave him no chance of talking.

I tried to call Casa yesterday several times, I am sure I had her on the phone at one point. She never gave me her name. I told her I wanted to speak with Mr Mckeever and each time I called he was never at his desk. They kept telling me to email. I sent 3, so far no responses.

Today I called Casa again. I was firm and asked for Mr Mckeever. I got disconnected like 3 times and finally got put on hold and a man picked up. I told him I wanted to know about my fiance's interview and he said to email, I then asked him why the CO asked of our religion and that it is racial and prejudice to bring that up in a interview. He then got irritated and told me that I need to email and that the consulate does not get enough money from the state to answer phone calls and to report it to my congress that they are short money. I then asked him his name - Mr Matthew Mckeever himself.

We had no red flags, no reason at all to deny us. I will be fighting this, and I am going back to Morocco next month.

Leila

09/2009 - NOA 2 approved

02/2010 - Arrived USA

04/2010 - Married

AOS Timeline

6/29/2010-AOS APPROVED

greencard.jpg

Timeline

Thank you so much! I want to join the group. We all need to help each other during this added process Casa has plced upon us!!

Do you think there is any reason why they would doubt the relationship? Did she look at the evidence? How many times did you meet? Did you meet any of the red flags ?

I have known Mouhcine from January 2005, we spoke everyday(phone, yahoo, msn). I have all the records. I sent like 200 photos from the time I was there in August 2005(12 days) and January 2006 (11days). She looked at all the paper work my job letter, taxes, divorce decrees...... She questioned him 30 mins and interogated him when she saw I was born in Israel. She asked if I am Jewish, then asked him if he is muslim. THen she asked him how his family would accept me as his wife being Jewish and her face got bright red and her eyes popped out. She then threw back all his papers and told him to leave. She gave him no chance of talking.

I tried to call Casa yesterday several times, I am sure I had her on the phone at one point. She never gave me her name. I told her I wanted to speak with Mr Mckeever and each time I called he was never at his desk. They kept telling me to email. I sent 3, so far no responses.

Today I called Casa again. I was firm and asked for Mr Mckeever. I got disconnected like 3 times and finally got put on hold and a man picked up. I told him I wanted to know about my fiance's interview and he said to email, I then asked him why the CO asked of our religion and that it is racial and prejudice to bring that up in a interview. He then got irritated and told me that I need to email and that the consulate does not get enough money from the state to answer phone calls and to report it to my congress that they are short money. I then asked him his name - Mr Matthew Mckeever himself.

We had no red flags, no reason at all to deny us. I will be fighting this, and I am going back to Morocco next month.

Leila

Wow oh wow!!!!!!!!! He was upset was he??? GOOD!!!!!!! Lets hope he checks out your file and speaks with the woman who interviewed you!!!!!!!!! I would call him back!! It is his job to answer questions to American citizens!!! Bravo to you Leila.

I am sure you are frustrated right now about what has happened but take heart my dear, maybe this will cause him to do something abiout what his staff is doing. Hang in there!!

I swear it sounds like things are getting heated in Casa. I sure hope soooooooo!!!!!! So many couples have been denied and I hope the heat is on as to why they are not doing their jobs!!!!

When are you traveling to Morocco? I plan on going when we get that second interview appointment. I am thinking they are swamped due to all the denials they did last year?

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

Timeline

I hope you heal quickly and can find a man who will love you sooooooooo much!!! Please don't write off Moroccan men for one bad apple. I am sure there are a lot of men using women to get a green card. That is where the woman needs to be wise and use her intuition if there is even an inkling of suspicion regarding the relationship. There are always "red flags" that we tend to overlook for whatever reason. i wish you the best!!!

.png

Married in 04

chiqa.jpg

Timeline

Just a though Moroccogirlny.....there is a list of 9 people we know of from Casablanca that has been sent back to the CIS just from our little group alone. Now if you were to mention this to them, and that we all say that they have violated policy when returning petitions, I am wondering if this might help your case. Lets face it, you were discriminated against because of religion! Now what I am thinking is that maybe if they suspect that you might be pushing towards an investigation of the consulate they might decide against sending back your petition. You know....to shut you up!

Anyone else have a thought on this? Doing this isn't going to help those of us that have already had their petitions sent back, but if it could save just one person some heartache I would be so happy.

Timeline
Just a though Moroccogirlny.....there is a list of 9 people we know of from Casablanca that has been sent back to the CIS just from our little group alone. Now if you were to mention this to them, and that we all say that they have violated policy when returning petitions, I am wondering if this might help your case. Lets face it, you were discriminated against because of religion! Now what I am thinking is that maybe if they suspect that you might be pushing towards an investigation of the consulate they might decide against sending back your petition. You know....to shut you up!

Anyone else have a thought on this? Doing this isn't going to help those of us that have already had their petitions sent back, but if it could save just one person some heartache I would be so happy.

I think that is a great idea!

09/2009 - NOA 2 approved

02/2010 - Arrived USA

04/2010 - Married

AOS Timeline

6/29/2010-AOS APPROVED

greencard.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I have not gotten as far in the process as all of you ladies... but i think that is a wonderful idea! I sincerely believe that Casa needs to clean up it's act. I am totally stressing today after reading these posts.

What can I do to help?

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.