276 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I just got a call from Mouhcine, he got a 221g and it said:

your petition has been returned to the department of homeland security's Bureau of citizenship and immigration servece for further investigation . please contact the Bureau of citizentship and immigration service office where your petition as filed for addition information.

There was no AR/AP info on it. He had the notorious lady! Any help please?

Leila

01/2006 - Filed k1(1st time)

04/2006 - Interview (1st time) denied

Waited, waited...... no review

06/2009 - Filed k1 (2nd time)

09/2009 - NOA 2 approved

12/2009 - Interview (2nd time) APPROVED! VISA ISSUED

02/2010 - Arrived USA

04/2010 - Married

AOS Timeline

4/19/2010-Sent to Chicago Lockbox

4/26/2010-Received texts and emails 7th day

4/30/2010-Received NOA's(Hardcopies) 11th day

5/3/2010-Received ASC appointment notice(mailed 4/29/2010)14th day

5/7/2010-Walk-in Biometrics done(2 weeks earlier)18th day

5/13/2010-Case transferred to CSC

6/2/2010- Case received/resumed at CSC

6/18,6/22,6/23 AOS touches

6/28/2010- EAD production and touch on AP

6/29/2010-AOS APPROVED

7/2/2010- 2nd update on EAD production and touched on AP....

7/6/2010- Received "Welcome Letter" and AP document

7/12/2010-Received GREEN CARD and EAD

greencard.jpg

Timeline

Leila,

Sounds like you're in the same undesirable situation as many others that have recently gone through Casa. It seems that they might be questioning the validity of your relationship, and have therefore sent the petition back to the U.S. for further review.

Hopefully someone knowledgeable about this result will stop by. I know Kiya is practically an expert by now, but she hasn't been on in a while.

I'm so sorry this has happened :(

Edited by jenn3539

This embassy has really become hard-core. Maybe it is time to start a write-in campaign to elected officials for some sort of investigation. There is no reason to continually put people's emotions on a rollercoaster. My two cents worth

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Timeline
or maybe its just the standard 221g for name and security checks? what did they tell him?

Doesn't sound like it:

your petition has been returned to the department of homeland security's Bureau of citizenship and immigration servece for further investigation . please contact the Bureau of citizentship and immigration service office where your petition as filed for addition information.

Filed: Timeline
This embassy has really become hard-core. Maybe it is time to start a write-in campaign to elected officials for some sort of investigation. There is no reason to continually put people's emotions on a rollercoaster. My two cents worth

I fully agree. this embassy has more petitions returned to USICS. there should be an investigation.

shon.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Leila

i'm sorry to hear that...

you are at the right place tho... the ladies here are so helpful and supportive... especially kiya... and i am sure that they can give you more insight into what your next step should be...

*hugs*

lynne

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

I fully agree. this embassy has more petitions returned to USICS. there should be an investigation.

shon.gif

Leila

hi Leila,

I am sorry that this has happend. The words of comfort I have for you is that 221g is not the ended of the world it is a TEMP denial. your case is still being Adjudicated for a decision. what will happen next is they will proble interview you and perhaps interview your hubby again. I got my petition returned long before it reached the embassy level. Mine got returned and then sent to dallas USICS office. I had 2 hours hellish interrogation by the officer here. we got approved. then after that we had 2 field investigations. this consisted of the Pakistan embassy. visiting my husbands family on 2 random occasions.

Please keep all your proof togeather and stay organized. right now its also important that you and hubby keep communicating - visit each other its a long process. I dont know anyone on this board that has had there 2nd or 3rd interview since the influx of returned petitions from Casa. I am not sure what the longest wait is. but, certainly, you have a lot of support from me and from all the others on the ME forums. hang in there kid.

shon.gif

Timeline

Leila

hi Leila,

I am sorry that this has happend. The words of comfort I have for you is that 221g is not the ended of the world it is a TEMP denial. your case is still being Adjudicated for a decision. what will happen next is they will proble interview you and perhaps interview your hubby again. I got my petition returned long before it reached the embassy level. Mine got returned and then sent to dallas USICS office. I had 2 hours hellish interrogation by the officer here. we got approved. then after that we had 2 field investigations. this consisted of the Pakistan embassy. visiting my husbands family on 2 random occasions.

Please keep all your proof togeather and stay organized. right now its also important that you and hubby keep communicating - visit each other its a long process. I dont know anyone on this board that has had there 2nd or 3rd interview since the influx of returned petitions from Casa. I am not sure what the longest wait is. but, certainly, you have a lot of support from me and from all the others on the ME forums. hang in there kid.

Thank you so much, I am contacting my senator here and possibly a lawyer.

I will fight for him!

09/2009 - NOA 2 approved

02/2010 - Arrived USA

04/2010 - Married

AOS Timeline

6/29/2010-AOS APPROVED

greencard.jpg

Timeline

Oh Leila... :crying: I am so sorry about what is happening and can not believe that Casablanca is doing this again...you should try to get in touch with Kiya...same have happened to her fiance and I know that she is very resourceful and may have some insight as how you should proceed...as for Casablanca...God only knows what is happening at that post...but it is nothing good and as someone said before they are returning too many petitions to USCIS...once again I feel so terrible about the outcome ...hang in there *hugs*

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Timeline
Oh Leila... :crying: I am so sorry about what is happening and can not believe that Casablanca is doing this again...you should try to get in touch with Kiya...same have happened to her fiance and I know that she is very resourceful and may have some insight as how you should proceed...as for Casablanca...God only knows what is happening at that post...but it is nothing good and as someone said before they are returning too many petitions to USCIS...once again I feel so terrible about the outcome ...hang in there *hugs*

I am trying, she questioned him for 30 minutes and asked him why he would marry a jewish girl and if his family approved of that. Can you beleive it.

09/2009 - NOA 2 approved

02/2010 - Arrived USA

04/2010 - Married

AOS Timeline

6/29/2010-AOS APPROVED

greencard.jpg

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Leila

Ohhh Leila I am so very sorry to hear you are having to deal with this. :(:angry::(

My first suggestion is to contact the consulate right away, and demand to speak to the head consul. I am not sure if anything can be done at this point to prevent the case from being sent back, but it's worth a try. Some have managed to reverse a decision at this consular level. It's also a very good idea to contact your senator/congress rep immediately, as you already mentioned.

As the others have advised you, this is not a cut-and-dried "denial," but will likely mean a long delay while you deal with USCIS again. Check the threads Kiya has posted regarding the 221g cases sent back, and the one Jenn posted with the info from attorney Marc Ellis. There is a lot of helpful information there.

I have to say that the question about marrying a "Jewish girl" was beneath contempt, but "Because I love her" would be the correct answer. And one could mention that as far as religion goes, Islam certainly permits such marriages between a Muslim man and a Jewish woman or a Christian woman. (These unions are not unheard of, even in Israel and the West Bank where tensions between the two groups are at their highest.) And anyway I believe you have already mentioned that you have converted to Islam. If you retain a lawyer, I am sure he/she would be quite interested in this behavior on the part of the consular officer.

Morocco is way out of line in their case handling, and they need to be put in check. You CAN and WILL fight them and win. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Allah ma3kom.

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi, I'm sorry to read your petition will return back to USCIS. But if you can have your senator contact

the American Embassy at Casa as soon as possible will be better for your case. DONT WAIT because your petition will expire. Perhaps you will get somewhere and prevent your petition return. Once your petition returns to USA thats not a good thing unless they need further info from you. My husband received a 221G as well but that since April 2005 but on May 2005 it expired. Try to get an extension to your I129F in hopes to get any questionables answered. But if I were you reveiw the link sent by Ellis and review your case with any possiblilities that maybe pointed towards your situation. Ellis points from 1 to 10 on some possible reasons as to why petition were returned which he pointed just a few. But who knows why petitions are returned.

At the moment Kiya is at Maroc with the love of her life. She is due back sometimes in April perhaps in a week. I just returned from Maroc myself was able to go inside Casa but no way could I question them reference any visa unless you have an appt time to discuss. One lady outside the embassy was helping with questions who scan me and my belongings. I dont know if this is the lady many here has made comments about but she doesnt seem to be hard to get along.

Good luck to you and your love one.

khadija

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.