276 posts in this topic

Leila, I'm sorry Mr. McKeever wasn't nicer to you, I know he's been helpful to others in the past. I hope they will respond to your emails. Definitely don't give up, don't forget that Mary turned her denial around through persistence, so you may luck out too.

If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know. You are certainly not the only person raised Jewish who is marrying a Moroccan... I am Jewish too, though it never came up in Majid's interview fortunately. This lady is just completely out of control.

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Leila, I'm sorry Mr. McKeever wasn't nicer to you, I know he's been helpful to others in the past. I hope they will respond to your emails. Definitely don't give up, don't forget that Mary turned her denial around through persistence, so you may luck out too.

If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know. You are certainly not the only person raised Jewish who is marrying a Moroccan... I am Jewish too, though it never came up in Majid's interview fortunately. This lady is just completely out of control.

Thank you Sharon, perhaps it was not Mr Mckeever himself( he told me that is his name though). Just someone try to blow me off on the phone. I feel I have been violated and discriminated against. Now I need to find a good lawyer.

Anyone know a good lawyer?

01/2006 - Filed k1(1st time)

04/2006 - Interview (1st time) denied

Waited, waited...... no review

06/2009 - Filed k1 (2nd time)

09/2009 - NOA 2 approved

12/2009 - Interview (2nd time) APPROVED! VISA ISSUED

02/2010 - Arrived USA

04/2010 - Married

AOS Timeline

4/19/2010-Sent to Chicago Lockbox

4/26/2010-Received texts and emails 7th day

4/30/2010-Received NOA's(Hardcopies) 11th day

5/3/2010-Received ASC appointment notice(mailed 4/29/2010)14th day

5/7/2010-Walk-in Biometrics done(2 weeks earlier)18th day

5/13/2010-Case transferred to CSC

6/2/2010- Case received/resumed at CSC

6/18,6/22,6/23 AOS touches

6/28/2010- EAD production and touch on AP

6/29/2010-AOS APPROVED

7/2/2010- 2nd update on EAD production and touched on AP....

7/6/2010- Received "Welcome Letter" and AP document

7/12/2010-Received GREEN CARD and EAD

greencard.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Just a though Moroccogirlny.....there is a list of 9 people we know of from Casablanca that has been sent back to the CIS just from our little group alone. Now if you were to mention this to them, and that we all say that they have violated policy when returning petitions, I am wondering if this might help your case. Lets face it, you were discriminated against because of religion! Now what I am thinking is that maybe if they suspect that you might be pushing towards an investigation of the consulate they might decide against sending back your petition. You know....to shut you up!

Anyone else have a thought on this? Doing this isn't going to help those of us that have already had their petitions sent back, but if it could save just one person some heartache I would be so happy.

Can we know who the 9 are? I wonder if I am on the list? i know of 3 or 4 others who are not on VJ who had their petitons returned by Casa too.

Thank you Sharon, perhaps it was not Mr Mckeever himself( he told me that is his name though). Just someone try to blow me off on the phone. I feel I have been violated and discriminated against. Now I need to find a good lawyer.

Ellis is the best I know. I would not use anyone else.

098bdb652297eb8af8222ef77903ebf5.gif

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Um but I really can see why she had big suspicions... Face it, the muslim world is anti-semetic, it's pretty rare if a muslim marries a jew... and the fact that she was born in Israel makes it worse.. but she should still keep her mind open that it is possible.. Maybe she's all bitter because all moroccan men want to leave their women behind?

Edited by iceyspots

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Um but I really can see why she had big suspicions... Face it, the muslim world is anti-semetic, it's pretty rare if a muslim marries a jew... and the fact that she was born in Israel makes it worse.. but she should still keep her mind open that it is possible.. Maybe she's all bitter because all moroccan men want to leave their women behind?

This is the U.S. consulate however. Religion should not weigh into the decision period.

Filed: Timeline

I'm so sorry how things went. I was talking to Abdel about it last night and he couldn't understand her questioning. He said that Muslim men are free to marry Jewish men and many in Morocco do.

How far do you live from your congressperson's office? If possible you should go there in person, if not call. Tell them exactly what you told us and insist (politely) that they contact the consulate immediately. If one of your congresspeople won't help, try another one. I just looked on the internet and it appears that there are a lot of New York Representatives in the House that have Jewish names. You might be able to use the race issue to get the backing of one of them to fight this.

I'd recommend finding all the senators and representatives from your district, then search on the web to see what committees they sit on. If you can find one on the appropriations committee, you've struck gold. That's who decides how much money the consulates get and that is who will be able to snap their fingers and make them jump over there. If you can find one that is Jewish and on the appropriations committe, I'm betting if they'll contact the consulate immediately you'll get your visa.

One of the guys I work with just got a promotion to a different area, and when we were talking today about it he reminded me: "it's not what you know, it's who you know." I hope you're able to find someone with pull that can end this fight for you quick.

I'll send all the karma your way I can. Good luck!

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
Um but I really can see why she had big suspicions... Face it, the muslim world is anti-semetic, it's pretty rare if a muslim marries a jew... and the fact that she was born in Israel makes it worse.. but she should still keep her mind open that it is possible..

This is actually completely untrue, although a commonly held fallacy (much of it, I must say, tirelessly promoted by Zionist idealogists and their supporters.) Most of the Muslim world is certainly anti-Zionist and anti-Israeli government policies, but this is not the same as being "anti-semitic" (hating Jewish people simply because they are Jewish.) The conflict between the two groups is over the right to real estate in Palestine, not over religious differences, although many would attempt to paint it that way in order to deflect criticism from Israel's repeated violations of international law. Historically, Islamic nations protected the Jewish people and their rights far more than Christian nations (whose political and religious leaders were indeed often notoriously "anti-semitic.")

I have spent a LOT of time in the West Bank. I have never EVER heard any Palestinian person condemn a Jewish person simply on the basis of religion. There are actually a considerable number of marriages between Muslim men and Jewish women. Some of these women convert to Islam, some do not. Since such couples are ostracized in Israel, with the husbands often refused even the right to live there, they often make their homes in the West Bank, where they are accepted without social censure.

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

I just realized that Hillary Clinton is one of your Senators. She was in Morocco in 1999 while I was there, so she might have enough pull there to get some action for you. She's also a highly probable candidate for president in the future, so that gives her massive pull too. Any chance you can contact her office?

I just realized that Hillary Clinton is one of your Senators. She was in Morocco in 1999 while I was there, so she might have enough pull there to get some action for you. She's also a highly probable candidate for president in the future, so that gives her massive pull too. Any chance you can contact her office?

Hillary is also highly involved in immigration policy right now.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

What a great idea! I wonder if she help help anyone or do we have to reside in her district?

098bdb652297eb8af8222ef77903ebf5.gif

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Just a though Moroccogirlny.....there is a list of 9 people we know of from Casablanca that has been sent back to the CIS just from our little group alone. Now if you were to mention this to them, and that we all say that they have violated policy when returning petitions, I am wondering if this might help your case. Lets face it, you were discriminated against because of religion! Now what I am thinking is that maybe if they suspect that you might be pushing towards an investigation of the consulate they might decide against sending back your petition. You know....to shut you up!

Anyone else have a thought on this? Doing this isn't going to help those of us that have already had their petitions sent back, but if it could save just one person some heartache I would be so happy.

Can we know who the 9 are? I wonder if I am on the list? i know of 3 or 4 others who are not on VJ who had their petitons returned by Casa too.

Check out the end of this link, you will be amazed. BTW, I had requested that they put your name on there so everyone could see the large amount of this going on in Morocco....I hope you don't mind.

So the 3 or 4 you know, do you know more details on why theirs was sent back?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...topic=45&st=195

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

WELL Kim asked my fiance if he touched me ......? He had to go into detail..For a k-1 ?? Then she asked him why he cant find a fiance in Morocco? ..The one thing I did read into says that if you have a legal complaint that you want to be taken in consideration it has to be withing the 30 days of the 221g . There is a form to file . Then state the reasons of your belief that it was not a fair interview by law. It is 110$ and a place for the lawyer to sign . Unfortunately I dont have 650$ right now to do this and I only have 1 more day. My interview was March 07...I dont really know , I would suggest if you have the money to contact a good lawyer and have him dispute it if that is what he or she thinks is best within the 30 days. THIS IS SO STRESSFUL >>.>>>grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Morocco

I-129F Sent : 2006-01-09

I-129F NOA1 : 2006-01-13

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2006-01-31

NVC Received : 2006-02-06

hey I will recommend this if you have not thought of it yourself.

I have pre- Paid legal.

you can sign up for like 36.00 intial

then its 26.00 per month.

I have been a member for 3 years now.

when ever i have an issue I can talk to an attorney as many times as I like

so its an option you can consider. -beats the 75.00 for a 30 min consultation.

What a great idea! I wonder if she help help anyone or do we have to reside in her district?

oh... I agree this is an excellent Idea!! good luck ladies.. wooww.

shon.gif

That is a ding dong thing to say considering YOU did not have your interview YET!!

I think you should be offering support you will need it too when you face your

221g.

let me see what are the odds of YOU getting the 221g fate. even if its not returned petiton but, seeing

a 221g lets see the odds.. here is a list of the T "26 "

Afghanistan, Algeria, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Malaysia, Morocco, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, and Yemen.

looks to me like uhmm Algeria is on that list. so before you start pooping in your Corn flakes! I think you should start reading up on 221g and admin review process you are NOT out the of the woods yet my dear!

My source:

http://www.wolfsdorf.com/articles/Consular...50524.htm#_ftn5

btw, 221g is a TEMP denial. could be for many reasons. one thing we all face is 221g for security checks. some are on it

like 17 days some on it for 2 years < the longest I have seen on VJ>

those from the "T-7 or T-26 " country should expect addtional security checks.

shon.gif

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

That is a ding dong thing to say considering YOU did not have your interview YET!!

I think you should be offering support you will need it too when you face your

221g.

let me see what are the odds of YOU getting the 221g fate. even if its not returned petiton but, seeing

a 221g lets see the odds.. here is a list of the T "26 "

Afghanistan, Algeria, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Malaysia, Morocco, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, and Yemen.

looks to me like uhmm Algeria is on that list. so before you start pooping in your Corn flakes! I think you should start reading up on 221g and admin review process you are NOT out the of the woods yet my dear!

My source:

http://www.wolfsdorf.com/articles/Consular...50524.htm#_ftn5

btw, 221g is a TEMP denial. could be for many reasons. one thing we all face is 221g for security checks. some are on it

like 17 days some on it for 2 years < the longest I have seen on VJ>

those from the "T-7 or T-26 " country should expect addtional security checks.

whoa, ease up there Shon! I think everyone is just trying to bounce around some ideas for what that horrid lady is thinking, not siding with her or defending her....

whats happening in Casa these days is flat out crazy and the fact that they refuse to give anyone answers or reasons is going to lead to some speculation. We dont need to start telling each other that the speculations are ding dong......

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.