AlexMiner2022

Just got EAD card...Does it mean anything? (USCIS account showing no issues & Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS)

20 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancé was just issued her EAD card. She already completed biometrics and from what I can see the case is just going through the standard review process. Okay, now the reason for this post. To find out if anyone else has received the combo approval very quickly and what the process that followed looked like. 

I suppose to cut right to the meat of things, I'm curious if getting the EAD is any type of early case approval indicator, or it's it not at all relevant? A key data point(which I do not have but would love to see) would be if there are a lot of EAD cards issued to people who also end up getting RFE's or otherwise run into obstacles before or after the interview that could lead to a case being denied.  

If anyone has info on this or a link to a threat where this has already been discussed, please reply with more info. I would greatly appreciate the help if anyone is out there able to weigh in on this. And if this has been asked, please let this just be a mirror. I tried to find more about this but it seems like most cases being discussed that have issues were not issued EAD cards, but instead got hung up in an RFE

I765, I131 and I485 are parallel processes. That means that if you get an RFE for one of then, all of them pause until the RFE is satisfied. 

Being approved for EAD has no relevance to being approved for AOS. They aren't even adjudicated at the same place unless IOE and if you're Mother of Mary Magdalena, you'll might have the same adjudicator. 

I don't follow the road you are going down though.

Maybe reword it if I haven't answered it. Sounds like you are trying to connect dots that's aren't there though? I'm not sure. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, K1visaHopeful said:

I765, I131 and I485 are parallel processes. That means that if you get an RFE for one of then, all of them pause until the RFE is satisfied. 

Being approved for EAD has no relevance to being approved for AOS. They aren't even adjudicated at the same place unless IOE and if you're Mother of Mary Magdalena, you'll might have the same adjudicator. 

I don't follow the road you are going down though.

Maybe reword it if I haven't answered it. Sounds like you are trying to connect dots that's aren't there though? I'm not sure. 

This makes a lot of sense to me. ]I'm def trying to connect dots that may not even be there, you nailed it. I suspected there was no relevant link between things, but would have bothered me not asking more. Thanks for the straight forward response. 

Did you receive a stand alone EAD or the combo-card (EAD and travel)?

I'm confused by your question. 

Also, you should follow the AOS group for the month you filed AND follow the groups for the month before and after you filed. You can see what the average is for most people... 

EAD and AOS are completely separate cases. As an example, I filed I-485, I-765 and I-131. Had an interview for AOS about 7 months later and got my GC in mail a couple of weeks after that. I-765 and I-131 went untouched (showed “case actively being reviewed” - yeah right ) for another 4 months until someone picked it up and wiped the dust off of it to realize I already got the GC so it finally changed to “Benefit received through other means”. Just goes to show how unrelated these processes are.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

EAD and AOS are completely separate cases. As an example, I filed I-485, I-765 and I-131. Had an interview for AOS about 7 months later and got my GC in mail a couple of weeks after that. I-765 and I-131 went untouched (showed “case actively being reviewed” - yeah right ) for another 4 months until someone picked it up and wiped the dust off of it to realize I already got the GC so it finally changed to “Benefit received through other means”. Just goes to show how unrelated these processes are.

Ha ha, it sure does. Your illustrations paints a striking resemblance to the exact issues that plague most government agencies. I have to deal with Fema for work everyday and so I know how long it can take to get some of these things pushed through various depts. Guess it really is just a coin toss how long things take. I've just been surprised at the speed with what has been sent back so far. We are basically 2 months into AOS and having EAD already in hand with the account pointing to the interview as the next step. Biometrics are done and no documents have been sent out. This just had us a little optimistic I suppose. but it is starting to sounds like we're being a little more than naive about it. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

They check the EAD application, if all the boxes are ticked they issue the EAD.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to Progress Reports~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline
1 hour ago, Redro said:

I needed to be in the December AOS filers thread and this was a big helpful reminder. I totally forgot there'd be a follow up for this like there was for the K1. Thank you a bunch! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Redro said:

Did you receive a stand alone EAD or the combo-card (EAD and travel)?

I'm confused by your question. 

Also, you should follow the AOS group for the month you filed AND follow the groups for the month before and after you filed. You can see what the average is for most people... 

She got the combo card today. Thanks for for the group... YUGE help ;)

4 minutes ago, AlexMiner2022 said:

I needed to be in the December AOS filers thread and this was a big helpful reminder. I totally forgot there'd be a follow up for this like there was for the K1. Thank you a bunch! 

Then check out November too! 

I found following the groups around our PD so helpful as I got to understand what was happening with various service centers. 

I think you will find it helpful as you can probably understand what is happening with the various field offices and you might find other members going through the same field office. 

This couple also went through Saint Louis MO and have a fairly quick turn around!!

AOS timelines out of Saint Louis....

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Ontarkie said:

~~Moved to Progress Reports~~

Any chance the title of this could be changed? It is a bit confusing and if I could edit it I'd change it to:

Just got EAD combo card. Does that indicate any progress toward AOS approval? (USCIS account showing no issues & Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, AlexMiner2022 said:

Any chance the title of this could be changed? It is a bit confusing and if I could edit it I'd change it to:

Just got EAD combo card. Does that indicate any progress toward AOS approval? (USCIS account showing no issues & Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS)

No sorry it cannot. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

2 hours ago, AlexMiner2022 said:

Ha ha, it sure does. Your illustrations paints a striking resemblance to the exact issues that plague most government agencies. I have to deal with Fema for work everyday and so I know how long it can take to get some of these things pushed through various depts. Guess it really is just a coin toss how long things take. I've just been surprised at the speed with what has been sent back so far. We are basically 2 months into AOS and having EAD already in hand with the account pointing to the interview as the next step. Biometrics are done and no documents have been sent out. This just had us a little optimistic I suppose. but it is starting to sounds like we're being a little more than naive about it. 

You've looked up the estimated timeline for I485 at your LFO on the website?

If you know your estimate there that's all you need as that will be your expectation. 

If you are to get an RFE, you wouldn't expect it until nearing the end of that timeline when they actually pick up your case for review. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.