125 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, OldUser said:

You did the right thing annotating them, but printing regular photos and placing in a zip lock may be very inconvenient for the USCIS.

For those who're only about to file - scan photos and print 2-3 per page, on normal paper and annotate them.

I did that for my AOS too and that's why I thought it is ok. 🤷‍♂️

9 minutes ago, Verocopter said:

I did that for my AOS too and that's why I thought it is ok. 🤷‍♂️

It's definitely allowed, but if you put yourself in USCIS employee's shoes...

Either they can slide the entire stack of letter size paper into scanner and it will quickly scan, or they have to do that and photos separately (because they're different size and likely require more time to scan). That's something my lawyer recommended and explained essentially.

By the way, here's the tips when filing by mail:

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/filing-guidance/tips-for-filing-forms-by-mail

Edited by OldUser

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello! It's been a while since I've been on VJ but we sent our I-751 last week, it was delivered Monday and we received the USCIS text notification yesterday. Our online case history shows "Case was received."

Good luck to everyone!

Edited by Sierra TC

On 2/9/2024 at 5:47 AM, Verocopter said:

My package is still at some usps post office in Illinois and doesn't move. Its making me more and more nervous. Tracking says "Moving Through Network. In Transit to Next Facility, Arriving Late" 

😢

It has arrived now and is ready for pickup. I'm very glad and relieved that tracking has updated this morning. It sat somewhere "in transition" for 6 days with no movement or anything. In case anyone experiences the same.

Let's see when they pick it up and when I receive my NOA.

Happy Sunday!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Preparing to send ROC by end of Feb, my 90 days window opened on Feb 10. I have lot of evidences just that most of our new house documents/utility bills have my first name and last name. I do have a middle name which is actually my maiden last name. Should that be an issue when submitting such documents with only first name and last name. All my GC, driver's license and foreign passport have first middle and last name printed.

Moreover since I setup all the utility bills they only have my name (first and last name, I'm the conditional resident) and do not have my husband's name on those. Should that be any problem?

1 hour ago, Nishris said:

Preparing to send ROC by end of Feb, my 90 days window opened on Feb 10. I have lot of evidences just that most of our new house documents/utility bills have my first name and last name. I do have a middle name which is actually my maiden last name. Should that be an issue when submitting such documents with only first name and last name. All my GC, driver's license and foreign passport have first middle and last name printed.

Moreover since I setup all the utility bills they only have my name (first and last name, I'm the conditional resident) and do not have my husband's name on those. Should that be any problem?

Why don't you add the spouse to utility bills?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, OldUser said:

Why don't you add the spouse to utility bills?

My spouse is added to the account just that the mailing address has my name alone. Maybe I can print the account information page along with bills when I send as part of proof. Hopefully not having my middle name on the account should be fine.

What are people’s thoughts on the completeness of documents you send? Eg. If a bank statement has ‘page 1/10, 2/10’ etc printed right on it, should you include all 10 pages even if some of them aren’t relevant?

Trying to balance sending useless paper with them worrying I am hiding something. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
34 minutes ago, AW1704 said:

What are people’s thoughts on the completeness of documents you send? Eg. If a bank statement has ‘page 1/10, 2/10’ etc printed right on it, should you include all 10 pages even if some of them aren’t relevant?

Trying to balance sending useless paper with them worrying I am hiding something. 

If in doubt, I would send the entire statement. 

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

28 minutes ago, AW1704 said:

I was wondering the same thing and ended up sending whole statements. The biggest pile of those "useless" papers was about our wills, healthcare proxies, testaments and power of attorney. I think those were like 100 pages alone but only 10 of them were really relevant (in my opinion) with our names and signatures. 

Still waiting for my NOA, haven't heard anything yet.

2 hours ago, AW1704 said:

You'd likely get RFE for not including all pages. Send complete statements.

Don't worrry about saving the planet, don't worry about saving few bucks, only worry about saving time with USCIS.

4 minutes ago, OldUser said:

You'd likely get RFE for not including all pages. Send complete statements.

Don't worrry about saving the planet, don't worry about saving few bucks, only worry about saving time with USCIS.

Thanks, I was leaning this way. The other thing in my mind was upsetting someone having to scan in like 100 pages of Amex fee statements. I guess you can’t win either way! 

Hi all — back on this website for hopefully the second to last time :) I-751 and N-400.

Here's my timeline so far:

2/6/24: I-751 packet shipped via FedEx

2/7/24: delivered and signed for

2/9/24: text message with IOE receipt number received at 12:26pm

2/13/24: I-797 48 month extension letter and biometrics reuse letter available online, case status updated to "actively being reviewed"

Removal of Conditions (tbd)
2/6/24: I-751 packet shipped via FedEx

2/7/24: delivered and signed for

2/9/24: text message with IOE receipt number received at 12:26pm

2/13/24: I-797 48 month extension letter and biometrics reuse letter available online, case updated to "actively being reviewed"

Adjustment of Status (5 months)
9/13/21: AOS packet shipped via FedEx

9/15/21: delivered and signed for

9/17/21: 4 text messages with IOE receipt numbers received at 8:45pm

9/24/21: Received 4 receipt notices in the mail and online access code

9/25/21: Biometrics scheduled for Philadelphia, ASC

10/18/21: Biometrics appointment completed for I-485 and I-765 (Code 3)
10/18/21: After biometrics, I-485 and I-765 case statuses immediately changed to "case is being actively reviewed"

10/28/21: I-693 deficiency notice uploaded online, case status still, "case is being actively reviewed"

12/29/21: Interview scheduled. Contacted Emma agent and they said it is on 2/7/22

2/7/22: I-485 approved

2/12/22: I-797 approval notice received for I-485 and I-130

2/15/22: Green card delivered by USPS

Everything took a tiny bit longer for me but it's all good now.

2/3

package + money order sent via usps

2/9

package delivered and received but tracking didn't update until 2/12

2/14

text message with receipt number (IOE)

2/16

48 month extension letter available online (Service Center California)

Edited by Verocopter

Just sent the I-751 packet! fingers crossed there are no issues.

Removal of Conditions (I-751)
2/17/24: I-751 packet shipped via FedEx

2/20/24: I-751 packet delivered

2/22/24: Receipt Number available on USCIS Portal

2/27/24: Extension Letter Available Online, Biometric Re-use letter, "Case is being actively reviewed"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.