125 posts in this topic

February 2024 is finally here! Will be filing to remove conditions towards the end of the month! 

Good luck to all those in a similar position! May we all be blessed with a smooth and RFE-free (even if long) journey! :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Also filing towards the end of the month. Anyone else feeling immigration journey burnout?

A couple of questions:

1. The application fee and biometric fee are paid together, correct?

2. For bank accounts, are people using bank statements? If so, should we use older bank statements so that it shows a joint bank account wasn't recently created?

Best of luck to everyone! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, KateD said:

Also filing towards the end of the month. Anyone else feeling immigration journey burnout?

A couple of questions:

1. The application fee and biometric fee are paid together, correct?

2. For bank accounts, are people using bank statements? If so, should we use older bank statements so that it shows a joint bank account wasn't recently created?

Best of luck to everyone! 

The process gets a lot better after the I-751 is done.

1.  I would pay them together.  I used one check which included the form fee and the biometrics fee.

2.  I would use joint bank account statements which cover the period of marriage, and which show how mingles funds are spent.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Crazy Cat said:

The process gets a lot better after the I-751 is done.

1.  I would pay them together.  I used one check which included the form fee and the biometrics fee.

2.  I would use joint bank account statements which cover the period of marriage, and which show how mingles funds are spent.

Thanks, @Crazy Cat! Overall, I realize we have been lucky in our journey compared to others. Just need to find a little energy to get through this next step.

Hello everyone,

Just filed yesterday and am SO happy to have this off of my chest now. My 90 day filing window opened up on December 25th and ends on March 24th. I didn't file right away but hope that's not an issue. I mean... why would it, right? 

I hope the package gets there in one piece and the money order worked out and I get my extension letter soonish. 🤞

Happy filing everyone!

Timeline
5 hours ago, Verocopter said:

Hello everyone,

Just filed yesterday and am SO happy to have this off of my chest now. My 90 day filing window opened up on December 25th and ends on March 24th. I didn't file right away but hope that's not an issue. I mean... why would it, right? 

I hope the package gets there in one piece and the money order worked out and I get my extension letter soonish. 🤞

Happy filing everyone!

Congratulations! Best of luck.

My package is still at some usps post office in Illinois and doesn't move. Its making me more and more nervous. Tracking says "Moving Through Network. In Transit to Next Facility, Arriving Late" 

😢

2 hours ago, Verocopter said:

My package is still at some usps post office in Illinois and doesn't move. Its making me more and more nervous. Tracking says "Moving Through Network. In Transit to Next Facility, Arriving Late" 

😢

Fingers crossed for you that it moves soon! 🤞 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, cgy2cali said:

Hi everyone, does anyone have a good example of the affidavit from friends/family and what it should say?

I would not bother with affidavits.  They are extremely weak.  There should be plenty of quality evidence available.  Concentrate on quality...not quantity. 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

12 minutes ago, AW1704 said:

How many photographs are you guys including? We aren't really big photo people. I was thinking around 6-8.

When including them, make sure to arrange them on a regular page (2-3 photos per page) and ensure to annotate them. E.g. who is on photo, date, place, event / occasion.

Also, only photos with friends / family / other people are valuable. Do not include photos of just two of you. I submitted around 20-30 photos.

More valuable evidence is around financial comingling and everyday life stuff such as insurance, bills, trips etc.

Edited by OldUser

I had around 30 pictures and attached them at the end in a zip lock bag with written statements on the back: who, where, when. why

Edited by Verocopter

1 minute ago, OldUser said:

When including them, make sure to arrange them on a regular page (2-3 photos per page) and ensure to annotate them. E.g. who is on photo, date, place, event.

Also, only photos with friends / family / other people are valuable. Do not include photos of just two of you. I submitted around 20-30 photos.

Good advice. Yes I was aware it really only works if they are with other people, which is an interesting change from K-1 where photos together are totally fine. Nevertheless, I'll try and cobble together as many as possible. I wish we were people who took photos as a habit, but we just aren't.

Just now, Verocopter said:

I had around 30 pictures and attached them at the end in a zip lock bag with written statements on the back: who, where, when.

You did the right thing annotating them, but printing regular photos and placing in a zip lock may be very inconvenient for the USCIS.

For those who're only about to file - scan photos and print 2-3 per page, on normal paper and annotate them.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.