madmanmike

January 2024 - AOS Filers

141 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just checking in. No change since biometric on 8 March. 

765 shows ‘taking longer then expected’ since 24 March. 

Ho hum. 

Consulate: Manila, Philippines | I-129F Sent: 2022-06-07 | NOA1: 2022-06-09 | NOA2: 2023-07-11 NVC Rec’d: 2023-08-10 | Case #: 2023-08-24 NVC Left Consulate: 2023-09-12 | Received : 2023-09-13 | Packet 3 Rec’d : | Packet 3 Sent : | Packet 4 Rec’d: 2023-09-19 | Interview: 2023-10-17 | Interview Result: Approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
43 minutes ago, pc09 said:

Hey all! Our GC got approved and have the card in hand now. We are so happy and relieved. 

wishing speedy approvals for all. 

Hey. We got approval notice couple days ago. How long did it take you to get the card?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
On 4/8/2024 at 12:41 PM, pc09 said:

Hey all! Our GC got approved and have the card in hand now. We are so happy and relieved. 

2-3 days you will have it in hands. Good luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
On 4/3/2024 at 11:13 AM, madmanmike said:

Just checking in. No change since biometric on 8 March. 

765 shows ‘taking longer then expected’ since 24 March. 

Ho hum. 

in my case my progress went from longer than expected to now 1 week for my I765, I don't have high expectations lol 

I indeed requested an expedite a month ago and yesterday I called costumer service and she said that a tier2 agent will call me back to make sure they'll handle the decision. She told me that usually the NBC takes between 7-10 to adjudicate expedite request, I wonder what's going on there lol I didn't even see the acceptance on the status of the case, I just see my referral code in my inbox. 

I am afraid I'll have to ask for an expedite for the AP too, because my grandma is in the hospital and probably she's not going to make it. 

all this process is extremely dumb and unfair, I don't understand how there are people getting the GC in 2 months and other people waiting 5+ months just for the EAD. I also don't understand how if all the EAD/AP are processed at the NBC but the majority of cali/chicago applicants get approved the same day of biometrics or a couple of days later, meanwhile I know some people form NC who are waiting since months and also here in Dallas, I know 2 more people who have Dallas as a local field office the are still waiting since months and one just got the EAD approved after almost 4 months 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 4/8/2024 at 4:25 PM, fellaamazing said:

Hey. We got approval notice couple days ago. How long did it take you to get the card?

On 4/8/2024 at 3:41 PM, pc09 said:

On 4/9/2024 at 7:58 PM, Tzgeneration said:

2-3 days you will have it in hands. Good luck.

Congrats on obtaining your Green Card all. Quick question, did your Green Card arrive before your advance Parole application had been approved? I am due to be filing for AOS within next day or so, however weighing up whether to pay the additional $630.00 for advance parole (in light of new filing fees as of April 1st 2024), considering green card may arrive prior to advance parole approval? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
26 minutes ago, G and B said:

We just got our GC approved and I never had any update on the EAD/AP. 

Good luck everyone 🍀

Very cool. Congrats!

The USCIS updated on Sunday, or you hadn’t checked in a while?

Consulate: Manila, Philippines | I-129F Sent: 2022-06-07 | NOA1: 2022-06-09 | NOA2: 2023-07-11 NVC Rec’d: 2023-08-10 | Case #: 2023-08-24 NVC Left Consulate: 2023-09-12 | Received : 2023-09-13 | Packet 3 Rec’d : | Packet 3 Sent : | Packet 4 Rec’d: 2023-09-19 | Interview: 2023-10-17 | Interview Result: Approved!

Timeline
23 minutes ago, madmanmike said:

Very cool. Congrats!

The USCIS updated on Sunday, or you hadn’t checked in a while?

I got a text message on the 11th saying that USCIS took actions on my case and the status changed on the 12th and on that date i also saw the approval notice in the doc tab. 

I hope to get it in the mail in the next two weeks cause i'll not be home from the end of the month to the start of May

3 minutes ago, G and B said:

I got a text message on the 11th saying that USCIS took actions on my case and the status changed on the 12th and on that date i also saw the approval notice in the doc tab. 

I hope to get it in the mail in the next two weeks cause i'll not be home from the end of the month to the start of May

Approval notice - maybe. But don't miss the GC! It takes 3-6 weeks to get it in the mail after approval. If I was you and the trip wasn't urgent - I'd postpone it.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Approval notice - maybe. But don't miss the GC! It takes 3-6 weeks to get it in the mail after approval. If I was you and the trip wasn't urgent - I'd postpone it.

The problem is that my husband is going on this 9 days long work trip, i don't want to be alone in the house and i can't drive by myself yet (learner permit plus we are in a small town that doesn't have public transport) so i am going to stay with my in-laws who live 2h from us. 

I can try to ask to my MIL to take me to my house to grab it, technically I should get a tracking code to monitor the shipping. 

I don't really feel comfortable contacting USPS because they just did damages in the past 5 months and now it should be all good. If it takes more or around 3 weeks then is all good! 

58 minutes ago, G and B said:

The problem is that my husband is going on this 9 days long work trip, i don't want to be alone in the house and i can't drive by myself yet (learner permit plus we are in a small town that doesn't have public transport) so i am going to stay with my in-laws who live 2h from us. 

I can try to ask to my MIL to take me to my house to grab it, technically I should get a tracking code to monitor the shipping. 

I don't really feel comfortable contacting USPS because they just did damages in the past 5 months and now it should be all good. If it takes more or around 3 weeks then is all good! 

In my case took about 2 weeks after receiving approval letter in the mail. But the approval letter itself takes up to 4-6 weeks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
4 hours ago, G and B said:

We just got our GC approved and I never had any update on the EAD/AP. 

Good luck everyone 🍀

Congrats!! Do you mind me asking when you originally filed? Apologies if I have missed this information!

Timeline
16 hours ago, Cisse913 said:

Congrats!! Do you mind me asking when you originally filed? Apologies if I have missed this information!

thank you! this is our timeline:
AOS noa1: 17th January 2024
Biometrics: 9th February 2024
RFIE: 14th March 2024
RFIE response: 19th March 2024
Approval I-485: 12th April 2024
No approval of the EAD/AP

Edited by G and B

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.