Zed01203

Question Concerning Visa

23 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, JaneStaark said:

you just need to read more info about K-1 and K-3 visas. there are specific requirements for each of them. based on info you provided, you might do it either way. 

Fiancé visa required at least 1 personal visit within 2 years, but also if you could prove that it would be impossible because of the religious beliefs, you would be fine. 

Otherwise Spouse visa make some more sense (in my not professional opinion only), because of your religion and it gives you more “space” with immigration process. 

OP, this person is incorrect.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
12 hours ago, Zed01203 said:

Hello all! I have a question concerning the best and absolute valid route for my case. First off I am a Muslim so arranged marriages are common in my culture as well. I have an uncle whom I have known since I was very little introduced me to a niece of his and no she is not my cousin I just call him uncle. I am a US citizen and I have been talking to her for 4 weeks now and we seem to be on the same page concerning what we want. I am planning on visiting in about a month. I placed my dowry already but due to our tradition we cannot date before marriage. Should I marry when visiting this coming month and get a marriage certificate or just do the k1 since I have done my dowry. If I choose the k1 route what evidence do I need to produce and if spousal what evidence will I need to produce. Please share your inputs thanks in advance.

Don't do anything on first visit.   Is this considered a arrange marriage?

Formally Known as Paris Heart   A long, long time ago       france paris GIF

N-400  APPLIED FOR CITIZENSHIP:    Interview will be Houston Tx office.

Mailed:  11/13/2023

Delivered to USCIS Lock Box:  11/15/2023

Credit Card payment processed:  11-16-2023

Received Receipt #   via Text:  11-17-2023

I-797C Receipt received:  11-27-2023

Biometrics  will be reused per letter: 11-27-2023

FILED  AOS FROM AN EXPIRED VISITORS VISA:

Sent: 9/12/16: I-130 + I-485 + I-765 (USPS)

Delivered: Sept. 15th 2016 to Chicago Lock Box

Interview Feb  21st, 2018 for I-485

Interview  May 13th, 2019 for I-130 Stokes interview ( 2 minutes)

NOID issued May 17th 2019

June 5th,2019   USCIS received my response on the  NOID// Addressed the NOID myself, No lawyer ever used in case.

July 1st, 2019  10 YEAR GREEN CARD APPROVED

July 5th, 2019   Approval letters for I-130 & I-485 received in the USPS  mail.

July 11th 2019   Green Card in Hand

happy tom and jerry GIF

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

If you sign the marriage contract when you get engaged, you have no choice but to file a CR-1. In Islam, signing that contract makes you religiously married, which in the eyes of immigration (USCIS) makes you legally married. Ask me how I know? I went through the process with my husband. Trust me. 

5 hours ago, Beth & Achraf said:

Don't do anything on first visit.   Is this considered a arrange marriage?

Doesn't matter if it's arranged, it's the cultural norm.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

It would not make you legally married in the US or the UK

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

13 minutes ago, Cathi said:

If you sign the marriage contract when you get engaged, you have no choice but to file a CR-1. In Islam, signing that contract makes you religiously married, which in the eyes of immigration (USCIS) makes you legally married. Ask me how I know? I went through the process with my husband. Trust me. 

Doesn't matter if it's arranged, it's the cultural norm.

Regardless not sure those works if that's how they do it in that country if it's legal there then the US or UK accepts it if it's considered civil in the country it was performed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.