Eddie101

December 2023 - AOS Filers

96 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

On 2/2/2024 at 11:12 AM, OldUser said:

That's true, this is why I said:

AOS filers now do not need to include payment for EAD.

On 2/2/2024 at 2:22 PM, fellaamazing said:

Well, I posted separate checks. They could have just sent me credit card authorization back first time and accept it. Now they should return my EAD check.

Out of all the stuff I read, I never read anywhere that EAD is free with AOS. And I thought I did my due diligence.

On 2/2/2024 at 3:46 PM, OldUser said:

I'm not sure this would happen. But keep us posted

On 2/3/2024 at 9:19 AM, Eddie101 said:

I somewhere read they physically destroy the check when they can't use it.

They returned the check along with 4 pages of explanation. Mostly useless. In one page they did mention it will change April first. One of the 4 pages had NOA with rejection letter. Again does not matter, since I got the NOA for both EAD as well as AOS.

The USCIS office shows Lee's Summit, MO, 64002. I assume it's Kansas city office? How is processing time there? on USCIS site it's showing 20 months. But I am assuming based on progress of everyone else, those processing times are not at all for K1-AOS and EAD. Am I correct?

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
On 2/21/2024 at 9:56 AM, fellaamazing said:

They returned the check along with 4 pages of explanation. Mostly useless. In one page they did mention it will change April first. One of the 4 pages had NOA with rejection letter. Again does not matter, since I got the NOA for both EAD as well as AOS.

The USCIS office shows Lee's Summit, MO, 64002. I assume it's Kansas city office? How is processing time there? on USCIS site it's showing 20 months. But I am assuming based on progress of everyone else, those processing times are not at all for K1-AOS and EAD. Am I correct?

Only the EAD/AP get processed at the NBC, they also do a check of all the required documents of you I-485 but then it get sent to a field office. Your petition could get sent to a random field office that has less of a work load. I can say that my I-485 it's already at my local field office since a couple of days (i chatted last week with a live agent and they told me that it was at the NBC and i chatted again yesterday and they said that was at the Dallas field office). 

Edited by G and B

• 2 weeks later...

Man, I feel like everyone is going through this process so fast but I'm caught in the slow lane.

Application received 29th December. Biometrics Feb 1st 2024. Nothing since then but i-765 is now 'taking longer than expected'. I'm hoping before the end of the month EAD is approved. I'm amazed some of you already have had AOS approved!! Lucky, hopefully my case speeds up soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
On 3/21/2024 at 12:18 PM, Bhib_ said:

Man, I feel like everyone is going through this process so fast but I'm caught in the slow lane.

Application received 29th December. Biometrics Feb 1st 2024. Nothing since then but i-765 is now 'taking longer than expected'. I'm hoping before the end of the month EAD is approved. I'm amazed some of you already have had AOS approved!! Lucky, hopefully my case speeds up soon.

Hi! can i ask you what's your FO?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

On Feb 27th we got an RFE asking for additional proof of bonefide marriage. We had submitted a ton of documents and pictures with the original package, so we were a little deflated knowing that we were not going to quite be an open and shut case. Luckily, they are only asking for proof of marriage since the wedding to now. We got a utility in her name, and we opened a bank account together. Not that getting pregnant is any end-all proof, but my wife is currently pregnant so we're adding photos of us at the sonogram and with our doctor. Fingers crossed that once we submit that next week we can proceed to the (imo) inevitable interview sooner than later.

• 12/28     Mailed marriage-based AOS package to Dallas lockbox via USPS.
  • 12/29     USCIS received package the next day. (We're not too far from Dallas)
  • 1/4         Received text message with case numbers for I-130, I-131, I-485, I-765.
  • 1/5         Both checks cashed.
  • 1/8         Received I-797 physical receipt for the I-130 today. Letter came from the NBC in Missouri.
  • 1/10       Case update online shows biometrics appt has been made. Waiting on letter.
  • 1/13       We both received online access codes in the mail.
  • 2/1         Biometrics appointment
  • 2/2         I-765 approved, EAD card being printed
  • 2/10       I-765 approval and SS card arrived
  • 2/20      EAD card arrived
  • 2/27      Received I-130 RFE for additional proof of bonefide marriage
  • 4/5        RFE response sent
  • 4/9        I-130 approved
  • 4/10      I-485 approved
  • 4/20     Green card!?

On 3/25/2024 at 7:38 PM, matt-miki said:

On Feb 27th we got an RFE asking for additional proof of bonefide marriage. We had submitted a ton of documents and pictures with the original package, so we were a little deflated knowing that we were not going to quite be an open and shut case. Luckily, they are only asking for proof of marriage since the wedding to now. We got a utility in her name, and we opened a bank account together. Not that getting pregnant is any end-all proof, but my wife is currently pregnant so we're adding photos of us at the sonogram and with our doctor. Fingers crossed that once we submit that next week we can proceed to the (imo) inevitable interview sooner than later.

What about joint lease? Did you get her ID? Submitting copies of your and her IDs showing matching address can be helpful.

Also, I hope you're submitting all pages for both banking and utility statements? And not just one of each, but all statements with both names since you added her name on them?

Edited by OldUser

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
3 hours ago, OldUser said:

What about joint lease? Did you get her ID? Submitting copies of your and her IDs showing matching address can be helpful.

Also, I hope you're submitting all pages for both banking and utility statements? And not just one of each, but all statements with both names since you added her name on them?

I have a house, but I haven't looked into what it would take to add her to the title yet. Now that we have a utility bill and bank account, we should be able to apply for a state ID so that may help. I guess I'll see which other utilities allow me to add her. Thanks for the tips.

• 12/28     Mailed marriage-based AOS package to Dallas lockbox via USPS.
  • 12/29     USCIS received package the next day. (We're not too far from Dallas)
  • 1/4         Received text message with case numbers for I-130, I-131, I-485, I-765.
  • 1/5         Both checks cashed.
  • 1/8         Received I-797 physical receipt for the I-130 today. Letter came from the NBC in Missouri.
  • 1/10       Case update online shows biometrics appt has been made. Waiting on letter.
  • 1/13       We both received online access codes in the mail.
  • 2/1         Biometrics appointment
  • 2/2         I-765 approved, EAD card being printed
  • 2/10       I-765 approval and SS card arrived
  • 2/20      EAD card arrived
  • 2/27      Received I-130 RFE for additional proof of bonefide marriage
  • 4/5        RFE response sent
  • 4/9        I-130 approved
  • 4/10      I-485 approved
  • 4/20     Green card!?

On 3/27/2024 at 9:11 PM, matt-miki said:

I have a house, but I haven't looked into what it would take to add her to the title yet. Now that we have a utility bill and bank account, we should be able to apply for a state ID so that may help. I guess I'll see which other utilities allow me to add her. Thanks for the tips.

No problem. If you have a house and it's too much hassle to update title, you can keep it as is. As long as you have other financials merged you should be fine.

Edited by OldUser

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Bhib_ said:

Curious - is there anyone here in the same boat who hasn't had there  I-765 or AOS approved yet?

January filer here. Nothing since biometrics. 

Consulate: Manila, Philippines | I-129F Sent: 2022-06-07 | NOA1: 2022-06-09 | NOA2: 2023-07-11 NVC Rec’d: 2023-08-10 | Case #: 2023-08-24 NVC Left Consulate: 2023-09-12 | Received : 2023-09-13 | Packet 3 Rec’d : | Packet 3 Sent : | Packet 4 Rec’d: 2023-09-19 | Interview: 2023-10-17 | Interview Result: Approved!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.