Rearviewmirror

N-400 January 2024 filers

570 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I also did the same (uploaded tax transcripts yesterday) thinking it will trigger some notification at immigration officer so that my case get reviewed ( filed date 02/07) .  I know its a very long shot it will happen and very low probability but I tried. 

Edited by Duggu

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Croatia
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Rearviewmirror said:

I'm not saying it'll delay it, I'm saying that it could speed it up.

Maybe, I have the feeling it’s all random and the system is automated 😂

• Arrived to USA on F-1 Student Visa on 08/16/2016
  • Submitted I-485 & I-130 on 09/25/2017
  • Approved Green Card (IR7 category) on 05/17/2019
  • Electronically submitted N-400 on 02/19/2024
  • Biometrics Reuse received on 02/19/2024
  • Interview Notice received on 04/21/2024 
  • Interview at Chicago FO on 06/10/2024 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Duggu said:

I also did the same (uploaded tax transcripts yesterday) thinking it will trigger some notification at immigration officer so that my case get reviewed ( filed date 02/07) .  I know its a very long shot it will happen and very low probability but I tried. 

I uploaded my most recent tax transcript for 2023 on April 1, still waiting on an interview, filed on 02/20

Hi !

I just realized that for question 23- I replied No, but I have 2 DiSMISSED tickets  more than 7 years ago . One for - “ no standing “, and the another one - red light violation ( I turned right on yellow/ red  ). Do these tickets means citations?? I received it by mail, Police didn’t stop me to write it. Do I need to mention it during the interview? Do I need any proofs , and where to get it ?

Edited by happydoctor

02/08/2019 - Package was received .

Timeline
6 minutes ago, happydoctor said:

Hi !

I just realized that for question 23- I replied No, but I have 2 DiSMISSED tickets  more than 7 years ago . One for - “ no standing “, and the another one - red light violation ( I turned right on yellow/ red  ). Do these tickets means citations?? I received it by mail, Police didn’t stop me to write it. Do I need to mention it during the interview? Do I need any proofs , and where to get it ?

If your only tickets were for parking violations (that is, things like staying too long at a parking meter or parking your car in a red zone), you don't even need to mention these on Form N-400. But for any violation where you were behind the wheel, or your motor was running, your best bet is to mention it.

Source: https://www.gardnerandmendoza.com/traffic-tickets-immigration/

8 minutes ago, happydoctor said:

Hi !

You can change answers / make corrections at the interview. Just bring the errata sheet and evidence. I'm not 100% sure they count as citations, but disclosing won't hurt 99.9%

Edited by OldUser

2 minutes ago, minivatreni said:

If your only tickets were for parking violations (that is, things like staying too long at a parking meter or parking your car in a red zone), you don't even need to mention these on Form N-400. But for any violation where you were behind the wheel, or your motor was running, your best bet is to mention it.

Source: https://www.gardnerandmendoza.com/traffic-tickets-immigration/

Thank you .I wasn’t sure if I need to include it since both tickets were dismissed, and then I simply forgot about it because I thought I should provide information about the last 5 years only. 

6 minutes ago, OldUser said:

You can change answers / make corrections at the interview. Just bring the errata sheet and evidence. I'm not 100% sure they count as citations, but disclosing won't hurt 99.9%

Thank you . Is a screenshot from .gov website saying my tickets were dismissed would be enough?or should I go to dmv or something?

Submitted date 1/23/2024

Interview Sceduled 3/14/2024

Interview date 04/19/2024

Well had my interview first thing this am in Houston. Time was 7am but arrived 15 mins before and checked in, did biometrics etc after that. Got called maybe 10 minutes later or so by the IO. She was very very very nice. Did civics test and got all 6 first try, very easy questions. Then the yes no and we chatted a bit. Asked my wife's name, kids name where I live etc. It was very easy going and we joked and laughed a bit about somethings. Approved on the spot.

Waiting for Oath to be scheduled. I informed her that I have traveled plans at the end of May and she said no big deal just reschedule your Oath, they make it easy to do this. 

Overall, 10/10 experience with the office and this officer.

11 minutes ago, killadocg23 said:

Submitted date 1/23/2024

Interview Sceduled 3/14/2024

Interview date 04/19/2024

Well had my interview first thing this am in Houston. Time was 7am but arrived 15 mins before and checked in, did biometrics etc after that. Got called maybe 10 minutes later or so by the IO. She was very very very nice. Did civics test and got all 6 first try, very easy questions. Then the yes no and we chatted a bit. Asked my wife's name, kids name where I live etc. It was very easy going and we joked and laughed a bit about somethings. Approved on the spot.

Waiting for Oath to be scheduled. I informed her that I have traveled plans at the end of May and she said no big deal just reschedule your Oath, they make it easy to do this. 

Overall, 10/10 experience with the office and this officer.

Congratulations ! Did she asked you about tax scripts? 

1 minute ago, happydoctor said:

Congratulations ! Did she asked you about tax scripts? 

Nah i brought a binder with tax transcripts etc and didn't bother to look at anything I brought. She did ask the question do you owe any taxes and of course I said no

Things to do after oath ceremony - obvious ones are to register to vote + apply for passport.

In addition to those, is there a guide on what else to do?

1. Does the Social Security office need to know that we've naturalized?

2. Based on whether dual citizenship is allowed - steps to follow to return current passport etc.?

3. Anything else?

Timeline
14 minutes ago, samdog said:

Things to do after oath ceremony - obvious ones are to register to vote + apply for passport.

In addition to those, is there a guide on what else to do?

1. Does the Social Security office need to know that we've naturalized?

2. Based on whether dual citizenship is allowed - steps to follow to return current passport etc.?

3. Anything else?

Yes you need to go to a Social Security office and let them know you are a citizen. Secondly any Trusted Traveler Programs? I have Global Entry, let them know you're a citizen, update your passport with them. 

1 minute ago, minivatreni said:

Yes you need to go to a Social Security office and let them know you are a citizen. Secondly any Trusted Traveler Programs? I have Global Entry, let them know you're a citizen, update your passport with them

Thanks! ! will pencil a SSA office visit, and I currently have GE and plan to update TTP with changes.

I was hoping to see guides for what to do for countries that do not allow dual citizenships - I know I'd have to return my passport to my country of birth, and then apply for some visa with them that allows me to re-enter without needing tourist visas every time.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, samdog said:

Thanks! ! will pencil a SSA office visit, and I currently have GE and plan to update TTP with changes.

I was hoping to see guides for what to do for countries that do not allow dual citizenships - I know I'd have to return my passport to my country of birth, and then apply for some visa with them that allows me to re-enter without needing tourist visas every time.

What is the country?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.