Deagle

Approved I-130 - Need Help

35 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Hello everyone,

Asking for someone who is a permanent resident. They filed I-130 for their unmarried son under 21 year old back in August 2023. Their I-130 was approved today. Priority date on the NOA shows the date they filed in August. Their son was 18 back then, now 19.

What happens next? What category does the son fall into? Is it F2A? They are from Lebanon. What is a realistic time frame and is there a way to make things go faster since both parents are here and the child is there alone.

Is there a risk of their son aging out of 21 or does CSPA applies here?

Thank you

The immigration process caused me PTSD.

14 minutes ago, Deagle said:

Hello everyone,

Asking for someone who is a permanent resident. They filed I-130 for their unmarried son under 21 year old back in August 2023. Their I-130 was approved today. Priority date on the NOA shows the date they filed in August. Their son was 18 back then, now 19.

What happens next? What category does the son fall into? Is it F2A? They are from Lebanon. What is a realistic time frame and is there a way to make things go faster since both parents are here and the child is there alone.

Thank you

Yes, F2A for now. He’ll age out of that category though and be F2B. 

No way of expediting it until there’s a visa available to him which will be many years down the line, and even then there would need to be a good reason for it such as medical grounds. 

When will they apply for citizenship? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, Deagle said:

Hello everyone,

Thank you

Aug 2023 or Aug 2022?

If PD was Aug 8 2023, was approved Dec 8, 2023, and he turned 19 on Sept 1, 2023 (for example), then his CSPA age will be 21 in Jan 1, 2026.

If PD was Aug 8, 2022, was approved Dec 8, 2023, and he turned 19 on July 1, 2023 (for 2nd example), then his CSPA age 21 will be Nov 1, 2026.

Basically, his age minus the time it took to approve the I-130.  USCIS did him no favors by approving the I-130 quickly.

Currently F2A final action date is Feb 2019.  If the PD is Aug 2022, there is a small chance it will be current by Nov 2026 in the 2nd example above.

If the PD is Aug 2023, he will age out.

Timeline
23 minutes ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

Aug 2023 or Aug 2022?

If PD was Aug 8 2023, was approved Dec 8, 2023, and he turned 19 on Sept 1, 2023 (for example), then his CSPA age will be 21 in Jan 1, 2026.

If PD was Aug 8, 2022, was approved Dec 8, 2023, and he turned 19 on July 1, 2023 (for 2nd example), then his CSPA age 21 will be Nov 1, 2026.

Basically, his age minus the time it took to approve the I-130.  USCIS did him no favors by approving the I-130 quickly.

Currently F2A final action date is Feb 2019.  If the PD is Aug 2022, there is a small chance it will be current by Nov 2026 in the 2nd example above.

If the PD is Aug 2023, he will age out.

Applied August 3rd 2023. Approved December 8th 2023. Turned 19 years old in November 2023.

What happens if he age out? does that mean he wont make it in 2026? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
47 minutes ago, Deagle said:

Applied August 3rd 2023. Approved December 8th 2023. Turned 19 years old in November 2023.

What happens if he age out? does that mean he wont make it in 2026? 

His CSPA age 21 will be March 2026.  I do not see VB moving from Feb 2019 to Aug 2023 (4 yr, 6 mo) in 2 years 3 months.

He will be F2B, which is a longer wait (8+ years).

Only hope to be processed by March 2026 is if his parent becomes a USC by then and he becomes IR2.

Timeline
On 12/8/2023 at 11:24 PM, SteveInBostonI130 said:

His CSPA age 21 will be March 2026.  I do not see VB moving from Feb 2019 to Aug 2023 (4 yr, 6 mo) in 2 years 3 months.

He will be F2B, which is a longer wait (8+ years).

Only hope to be processed by March 2026 is if his parent becomes a USC by then and he becomes IR2.

Where to see the VB and how often does it get updated? Thanks

3 minutes ago, Deagle said:

Where to see the VB and how often does it get updated? Thanks

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin.html

It’s updated monthly. It’s worth your friends looking at previous VB’s too so they can get a realistic picture of how slowly the F2B category moves forward. 

Edited by appleblossom

Timeline
3 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin.html

It’s updated monthly. It’s worth your friends looking at previous VB’s too so they can get a realistic picture of how slowly the F2B category moves forward. 

They are not tech savvy. That's why I am helping them. Plus they are my parents lol, and the applicant is my brother. I am a US citizen. My parents are not. They just got here few months ago. Will the approved case go to NVC now? Is there anything the parents should do or just wait?

22 minutes ago, Deagle said:

They are not tech savvy. That's why I am helping them. Plus they are my parents lol, and the applicant is my brother. I am a US citizen. My parents are not. They just got here few months ago. Will the approved case go to NVC now? Is there anything the parents should do or just wait?

Ah, I see. Nothing they can do but wait, when the PD is current on Table B then visa processing will start (there still won’t be one available until it’s current on Table A though). 

Also, if you’re a USC it would be worth you also filing for your brother if you can afford the fees. It would take even longer but a good idea as back up just in case. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The more petitions the better especially when dealing with long processing times.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
18 hours ago, appleblossom said:

Also, if you’re a USC it would be worth you also filing for your brother if you can afford the fees. It would take even longer but a good idea as back up just in case. 

17 hours ago, Boiler said:

The more petitions the better especially when dealing with long processing times.

Good ideas. Thank you.

1 hour ago, Deagle said:

Good ideas. Thank you.

No worries. January Visa Bulletin has been released, the date has moved forward for F2B which is the first movement in a couple of years, so that's good. 

Edited by appleblossom

Timeline
19 hours ago, appleblossom said:

No worries. January Visa Bulletin has been released, the date has moved forward for F2B which is the first movement in a couple of years, so that's good. 

What is the difference between Table A and Table B and what is the relation between both? Does the date shown under "All Changeability Areas Except Those Listed" is the date when the applicant's I-130 was approved? 

Thanks

53 minutes ago, Deagle said:

What is the difference between Table A and Table B and what is the relation between both? Does the date shown under "All Changeability Areas Except Those Listed" is the date when the applicant's I-130 was approved? 

Thanks

Table A is when a visa is available, Table B is when you can start the process of applying for a visa. So when the PD is current on Table B your parents will be asked to pay fees, submit documents etc, in preparation for when their PD becomes current on Table A.

And the date shown is the Priority Date - so the people who have a visa available to them this month have Priority Dates from before 22nd Sept 2015. 

Edited by appleblossom

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.