lucy91

I-130, I-485 questions (Merged)

22 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. Short description of the situation: two month ago I filed i-130 with 485 for my unmarried under 21 y.o. son and I did it with the help of attorney, he included my mother's maiden name for her last name in petition i-130, information about me, petitioner and he said that it is usual practice for them. Now I am filing i-130 for my mother and do not know which last name to include in the same question, also her maiden name or her last name as in the documents, because later there is information about beneficiary and I have to include her recent last name first. What should I do: either leave her maiden name as my attorney did, or change it for her last name?

Thank you!

Edited by Crazy Cat

*** Moved from Bringing Family of USC forum to AOS from Work/Student/Tourist Visas forum -- topic is about AOS of parent ***

26 minutes ago, lucy91 said:

What should I do: either leave her maiden name as my attorney did, or change it for her last name?

You're supposed to list all the legal names that the beneficiary ever used in their life.  Under "Beneficiary's Full Name", list your mother's current legal name.  This could be the name listed on her current passport.  Then your mother's maiden name (and all other names she used in her civil documents) should be listed under the section for "Other Names Used".

Because she changed her name at least once in her life, you must also submit a copy of her legal name change document, along with the I-130.  Examples: marriage certificate, divorce decree, adoption decree, name change court order.

• 2 weeks later...

hi everyone, I a filing the i-130 with 485 for my mother, 3 mnth ago I filed it for my son, so indicated it in my mother's 130 in part 5. But there is a question: 3.a City/town. What is suppose to be, the place from where I filed, I mean my town, or the place I submitted, so the USCIS office. and then it is q. 4. Date filed, it is priority date?

Thank you so much, would appriciate your help!!!

Edited by Crazy Cat

Hi everyone, I am confused: I am filing now the documents for my mother, which includes 130; 485;765; 131; 864, and I need to know about the evidence: should it be a copy for each form, for example I need marriage cer. in every form for legal name change, and how to list them in cover letter? 
Thank you, I would appriciate your help!!!!!

• Crazy Cat changed the title to please help i-130 with i-485 (Merged topics)
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

****Similar topic questions merged***

*** Topic moved to Adjustment of Status from WST Visas****

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

23 hours ago, lucy91 said:

hi everyone, I a filing the i-130 with 485 for my mother, 3 mnth ago I filed it for my son, so indicated it in my mother's 130 in part 5. But there is a question: 3.a City/town. What is suppose to be, the place from where I filed, I mean my town, or the place I submitted, so the USCIS office. and then it is q. 4. Date filed, it is priority date?

So you’re now trying to sponsor a second relative to adjust from a tourist visa?   Eventually they’ll stop giving your relatives visitor visas…..

Timeline

***Another similar topic merged**** Please keep associated for this stage of the case under this thread***

-VJ Moderation

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
23 minutes ago, lucy91 said:

Hello, I am filing forms 130 with 485 for my mother and I have a question, my father dies last year and it asks about previous marriages, what should I write in marriage ended date and legal termination of marriage? The day my father dies ot leave it empty.

Thank you! I'll be grateful for any response!

If they were married when he died, that is the date the marriage ended.

Hi, I am currentely filing the petition 130 with 485 and 765, 131 for my mother and I have a question about placing the evidence. Should I place the evidence after each form or just place all evidence at the end, because, for example, form 130 and 485 tgether need a passport of beneficiary and information about legal name change, so I am confused where to put the passport copy, after 130 or after 485. The same is about 864 and 864A, the evidence for these forms is dublicating, so how I have to put it?

Thank you, hope I did not confuse anyone. 

hi everyone, I a filing the i-130 with 485 for my mother, 3 mnth ago I filed it for my son, so indicated it in my mother's 130 in part 5, "have you ever filed the petition for this beneficiary or any other relative". But there is a question: 3.a City/town. What is suppose to be, the place from where I filed, I mean my town, or the place I submitted, so the USCIS office. and then it is q. 4. Date filed, is it priority date?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, lucy91 said:

hi everyone, I a filing the i-130 with 485 for my mother, 3 mnth ago I filed it for my son, so indicated it in my mother's 130 in part 5, "have you ever filed the petition for this beneficiary or any other relative". But there is a question: 3.a City/town. What is suppose to be, the place from where I filed, I mean my town, or the place I submitted, so the USCIS office. and then it is q. 4. Date filed, is it priority date?

Take a picture of the questions you're querying so we can see exactly what it says because how you typed it is not clear.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Is your mother in US or outside?

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

2 hours ago, Ara Burton said:

Take a picture of the questions you're querying so we can see exactly what it says because how you typed it is not clear.

3.pdf

2 hours ago, Ara Burton said:

Screenshot (3).png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.