Obono omini Chris

Trying to book a visa appointment

8 posts in this topic

I have completed my non-immigrant visa application form,and submitted,and as well tried to pick a date for interview. But the dates displayed were 7th and 9th of January 2025, that is why I haven't picked a date up till now and the flight ticket have been book for December 4 2023.please I need yours candid advice. Thanks

You booked a flight without having a visa in hand?

From the US department of state website:

• There is no guarantee you will be issued a visa. Do not make final travel plans or buy tickets until you have a visa.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/tourism-visit/visitor.html

53 minutes ago, Obono omini Chris said:

I need yours candid advice.

Cancel your flight and book an interview date. If the closest one is January 2025 then it is what it is and you’ll have to wait until then. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You can look for cancellations.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 hour ago, Obono omini Chris said:

I have completed my non-immigrant visa application form,and submitted,and as well tried to pick a date for interview. But the dates displayed were 7th and 9th of January 2025, that is why I haven't picked a date up till now and the flight ticket have been book for December 4 2023.please I need yours candid advice. Thanks

Most consulates have a long wait for B visa appointments, as @Boiler said you can keep checking for cancellations though. But even if you got a cancellation for an appointment in the next few days, it’s usually about 2 weeks after your interview that you get your passport back with the visa in, so you still wouldn’t have it in hand for 4th Dec. 

Which consulate?

1 minute ago, Obono omini Chris said:

From the ds-160 non immigrants visa application there's a form provided that you will fill your date of departure from Nigeria and date of arrival in USA, And date of departure from USA and arrival to Nigeria.

If it's Nigeria, then current wait time for a B2 visa is 416 days - https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/wait-times.html

If your flight is refundable then I'd cancel it and just keep checking in case you get lucky and manage to get a cancellation for an appointment next year.

Good luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

take  1 of those January dates as others are also looking to  find a closer one

if u miss out on January 2025,  u may be looking at a February 2025 or later date

1 hour ago, Obono omini Chris said:

From the ds-160 non immigrants visa application there's a form provided that you will fill your date of departure from Nigeria and date of arrival in USA, And date of departure from USA and arrival to Nigeria.

You booked tickets without already having a visa from NIGERIA??   You are brave.   Do you know the denial rates for your country?   Hopefully the tickets are refundable.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.