Yambouzinek

I-130 filing for husband married since july 2021

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

He can remove conditions by himself, that is very common

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

And sorry I  confused you but yes in order to get his 2 year residency I did submitted the adjustment of status. He got his 2 year residency card through me. I apologize if I confused u. And thank u for trying to help me with ur advice or opinion. 

2 minutes ago, Yambouzinek said:

Do u think my I-130 will get de refused?

Probably not, at least not without sending you a request for evidence first. They should give you an opportunity to present further evidence to clear any doubts they may have about the bonafides of your current marriage. I assume you did submit a divorce certificate of the previous marriage with the I 130 application.

Timeline

Yes I summited a divorce certificate that shows my X divorced me. Thank u for ur time in answering my doubts here. I do appreciate this. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

@pushbrk hello and sorry I didn’t reply to ur answer. I thought I did. Please I just have a quick question. Is there anything that I can do to ask fir the status of my file. It hasn’t been approved or denied. And I am a little anxious about not having any news. We did not get married in the first date but I’m older than my husband who is from the same country as my X husband is from. I have been only married 2 times. I remember going to immigration to report that my X husband cheated on me so they can cancel his papers but the officer told me that is sad but I should move on with my life. And now that I believe I found the right man. My reputation has been damaged with uscis. Do u have any advice fir me.? Thank you. 🙏🏻😞

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
16 hours ago, Yambouzinek said:

@pushbrk hello and sorry I didn’t reply to ur answer. I thought I did. Please I just have a quick question. Is there anything that I can do to ask fir the status of my file. It hasn’t been approved or denied. And I am a little anxious about not having any news. We did not get married in the first date but I’m older than my husband who is from the same country as my X husband is from. I have been only married 2 times. I remember going to immigration to report that my X husband cheated on me so they can cancel his papers but the officer told me that is sad but I should move on with my life. And now that I believe I found the right man. My reputation has been damaged with uscis. Do u have any advice fir me.? Thank you. 🙏🏻😞

What are your respective ages?  Please give same information for the first marriage.  I did not say "first date".  I said "first visit".  Please clarify.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You mentioned you married your current husband on your second visit.

How long were those visits.

How many visits have you made since you married and how long were they.

You mentioned an age difference, how much is it. Was your first husband younger and by how much? Has your husband met your family.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 10/21/2023 at 2:21 PM, Yambouzinek said:

Do u think my I-130 will get de refused?

in my opinion, no news is good news so far. USCIS is notoriously slow, no matter what center is handling your case. I believe the current processing time is up to 14 months. I would contact them to inquire about your case when the 14 months is up. 

How did you file your petition? Did you do it yourself or did you retain the services of an attorney? 

The fact that you had previously petitioned for your ex-husband will more than likely be a red flag.   I am sorry that he was a cheating dirt bag by the way.

And depending on the age gap, that might also be considered a red flag as well. I have a large age gap with my husband as well so I went above and beyond to submit as much evidence of our bona-fide marriage as possible to over shadow that red flag. 

The best advice I can give is to remain calm, don't stress out and follow up with USCIS. This whole process is stressful enough without us adding to it.  Whenever you start to stress just remember that you aren't alone in the process and that us here on this form are going through it with you. 

Best Wishes 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.