mw & rg k1

October 2023 - AOS Filers

472 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
14 hours ago, smashtic said:

Received our combo card today! Now we wait for the 485 and plan to start submitting evidence of a life together via the online portal just in case it helps avoid interview.

Online portal? Where/what?

We are making a folder to submit with the future filing ... 

Was your thoughts for AOS or Removal of Conditions?

Edited by mw & rg k1

Hello again, all!

My combo card approval notice was on 1/7/24.

Called USCIS today- they said card is being produced, but gave no further details regarding timeline. 

USPS informed consent also shows no updates. 

In general, how long did it take everyone to physically receive the EAD-AP card?  

I may be potentially be able to start working on Feb 1 if I get it within the next week or so. 

On 1/12/2024 at 10:44 PM, ThailandR said:

It appears we are living in the future on the USCIS app.  Apparently my wife's EAD was produced 1/13/2024, but today is the 12th....

Case closed I-765 Application 

Case History
January 13, 2024
Status

Card Was Produced

Date

January 13, 2024

Same thing happened to us! 🤣 on the 22nd of december we received a notice saying "on the 23rd we scheduled your biometrics appointment for the 9th of January"... 

But now it's even more ridiculous, case is showing as "actively being reviewed" even though in the documents we have a combo approval notice saying our combo card was approved on January 10. I guess they still need to log it in the system?

Did anyone have the same experience (i.e. approval notice in the documents section while the case status says is still actively being reviewed)?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 1/12/2024 at 11:21 PM, mw & rg k1 said:

Online portal? Where/what?

We are making a folder to submit with the future filing ... 

Was your thoughts for AOS or Removal of Conditions?

Correct. We are going to upload some documents into the unsolicited evidence section in case it helps us get approved without an interview. At the same time for AOS/Removal of conditions keep a folder and add to it as we set up joint accounts, bills, etc to make it easier in the future. 

On 1/16/2024 at 1:13 PM, Arturchik said:

Same thing happened to us! 🤣 on the 22nd of december we received a notice saying "on the 23rd we scheduled your biometrics appointment for the 9th of January"... 

But now it's even more ridiculous, case is showing as "actively being reviewed" even though in the documents we have a combo approval notice saying our combo card was approved on January 10. I guess they still need to log it in the system?

Did anyone have the same experience (i.e. approval notice in the documents section while the case status says is still actively being reviewed)?

Same happened to us. The status didn't change to 'card produced' until a week after we had received the card. I wouldn't worry about it your combo card is probably on the way. If you sign up for Informed Delivery from USPS you can see what mail is scheduled to be sent to you which helped us know when it was coming.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

My wife's EAD card arrived yesterday. Now to go back to SS and have them re-issue the SS card without the notation on it, as well as going g to DMV to have them release her ID card as they were requiring a new photo document or updated I-94 before they would issue it.  

I can finally add her to the checking, savi gs and retirement accounts as well.

Such a game this is.

AOS status says 2 months on the app, but that keeps bouncing up and down.

AP status still shows being processed with no changes since they started the review.  One wonders if that's because they are actively processing the GC AOS and are waiting to see if it will be completed soon or not.

2 hours ago, ThailandR said:

My wife's EAD card arrived yesterday. Now to go back to SS and have them re-issue the SS card without the notation on it

Are you talking about removing "Valid for work only with DHS authorization"? As far as I know, that's only possible when one gets a GC in hand.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Are you talking about removing "Valid for work only with DHS authorization"? As far as I know, that's only possible when one gets a GC in hand.

Thanks. I was hoping with card in hand they would remove the notation.

Timeline
4 hours ago, ThailandR said:
4 hours ago, OldUser said:

Thanks. I was hoping with card in hand they would remove the notation.

Can say that with our GC, we were able to get the married name corrected on the SSN and the notation removed.

That said, we are still having plenty of challenges getting the SSN recognized especially with Equifax and in some cases TransUnion.
The fun will continue once you get things moving (just in case you thought it was just be completed once you get the GC).

BTW, don't forget to start saving for I-751 ... Proof of marriage documentation.  The 18 months after GC will come around faster than you think so best to start preparing today.

10 minutes ago, mw & rg k1 said:

Can say that with our GC, we were able to get the married name corrected on the SSN and the notation removed.

That said, we are still having plenty of challenges getting the SSN recognized especially with Equifax and in some cases TransUnion.
The fun will continue once you get things moving (just in case you thought it was just be completed once you get the GC).

BTW, don't forget to start saving for I-751 ... Proof of marriage documentation.  The 18 months after GC will come around faster than you think so best to start preparing today.

GC is different to EAD. Restriction cannot be removed while on EAD. The EAD card itself is authorization... But once GC is approved, it's a different story. Agree about I-751 

Edited by OldUser

Timeline
On 1/21/2024 at 2:47 PM, mw & rg k1 said:

Started collecting documents for the i-751 already. Just heard from a friend of my wife's who started AOS 2 years ago and has not received her GC yet still processing. She had to go for an interview last week and she was told by a USCIS individual that when approved because she's been in process for 2 years she should get a 10 year GC. Crazy.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, skk12345 said:

@smashtic Hey, how long did it take for you to get the card after your status changed to "card produced"?

Thanks!

About a week. The card that came is the combo card for temporary work and travel. We also received the social security card a few days prior.

Timeline

Just checked the USCIS app for I-485 status and saw they were sending another RFE, but under the Documents tab no RFE was showing. Went back to case history and there is another notation showing the request was canceled.

January 23, 2024
Status

Request for Additional Evidence Was Sent

Date

January 23, 2024

January 23, 2024
Status

We have cancelled the request for additional evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.

Date

January 23, 2024

Has this happened to anyone else and what could it mean?

Edited by ThailandR

Timeline
5 hours ago, ThailandR said:

Started collecting documents for the i-751 already. Just heard from a friend of my wife's who started AOS 2 years ago and has not received her GC yet still processing. She had to go for an interview last week and she was told by a USCIS individual that when approved because she's been in process for 2 years she should get a 10 year GC. Crazy.

agreed, the whole process is crazy .....

Here is another one for the group to consider:
Recommend getting a fixed credit card (aka secured credit card) for your spouse co credit history can be built.
After fighting with the credit reporting agencies to get accounts established, we STILL don't have a credit score from TransUnion which is limiting our ability to perform some simple tasks.  In particular, an account at creditKarma, My Social Security (which login.gov apparently uses credit agencies, etc.)  She did get a score with Experian and even boosted with the utility accounts I put her on before she moved here .... so some parts are working and some are waiting for months to establish presence and use of a credit card.

Back to that credit card,  a $200 limit (with deposit) through BoA is what we did .... charge it 30% and wait for the invoice and repeat.
Even BoA says TransUnion score is not available (offered free for BoA card holders)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.