DraxxDemSclounst

DCF attempts in Prague - Contacting Embassy/Consular failing - Ghosted - Advice needed

10 posts in this topic

Hello folks,

Hoping to find some advice here on what we have been attempting at the Embassy in Prague and what we are doing wrong. We have asked the Embassy, through multiple emails, for directions on and approval for a DCF but have not gotten a response at all over the past month. I'm at wits end on what to do now. I've gone ahead and scheduled an appt for 10/18, but our expected move date is Jan 1st and it is now in Jeopardy given the lack of help from the Embassy here.

I've emailed the following: 
1. PragueIVP@state.gov

We followed this guide: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeZXBDsu-ANwgQHtekiCa91cZNb4AEpvh-YcaXKhAvxozGaXg/formResponse?pli=1

image.thumb.png.b0b3efc62c814cc9b43c64f72649fceb.png

And emailed the above, but we do not have a Visa Case number or date. What do we do here?  Should we go ahead and file our I-130 online at USCIS and get a Case number?  

And yes, I've tried calling the Embassy 3-5 times per week over the past 5 weeks. I do not get any answers or cannot reach anyone. It's like they avoid talking to people.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
8 minutes ago, DraxxDemSclounst said:

Should we go ahead and file our I-130 online at USCIS and get a Case number?  

Be aware that if you file an I-130 with USCIS, the consulate will NOT be authorized to process a DCF case.  

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

What sort of appointment have you scheduled and with whom?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Sorry @Boiler - That was a response from my phone. It's tough to respond in that way. 

What I was trying to articulate is:

When scheduling an appointment at the embassy, whether for passport, citizen services, etc. There is an option for "Notary Services, Other". 

That is the one that I selected. As it so happens, my 2nd passport is expiring this month and I've another meeting next week to renew that. Maybe there I can speak to someone at the consulate about the DCF.  If not successful, then I will go to them the following week. 

I have a again emailed the pragueivp@state.gov and am getting the same canned response.

@Crazy Cat - I believe you are right, however, when I called the embassy, I get routed to a Philipino call center and there they said I have to go that route and file with USCIS. I'm loath to rely on a foreigners interpretation of rules and destroy my one chance to get back home.

Here is the response from PragueIVP:

AUTOMATED REPLY
We've launched a new Visa Navigator  to better answer your visa questions. All inquiries must use the Navigator. Please go there now to find the answer to your question or instructions for contacting us. If your question is not answered, follow the instructions under "All Other Questions" to contact our team.

If you do not use the Navigator, your email will NOT be answered.

IMPORTANT!
Please note that the formatting requirements for the subject line are very strict. Inquiries that do not follow the subject line formatting instructions will be deleted without a response. 

AUTOMATICKÁ ODPOVĚĎ
Zprovoznili jsme nový informační systém Visa Navigator, který vám lépe zodpoví vaše dotazy týkající se víz. Veškeré dotazy musí být položeny prostřednictvím Vízového Navigátora. Pomocí Navigátora získáte odpovědi na své otázky nebo rady, jak se na nás obrátit. Pokud váš dotaz nebyl zodpovězen ani po prohlédnutí Navigátora, postupujte podle pokynů v části "Všechny ostatní dotazy" a kontaktujte náš tým osobně.

Na váš e-mail NEBUDE odpovězeno, pokud jste k zodpovězení svých otázek nepoužili Navigátor.

DŮLEŽITÉ!
Upozorňujeme, že požadavky na formátování předmětu jsou velmi přísné. Žádosti, které nebudou splňovat pokyny pro formátování řádku předmětu, budou bez odpovědi smazány.

------------------------ Here is what they require:

All Other Immigrant Visa Questions
EMAIL US at PragueIVP@state.gov following the instructions below.
  • USE THIS SUBJECT LINE: M99 - OTHER QUESTION - FULL NAME
  • Last Name
  • First Name
  • Immigrant visa case number
  • Date of your interview
  • Description of your situation

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, DraxxDemSclounst said:

I believe you are right, however, when I called the embassy, I get routed to a Philipino call center and there they said I have to go that route and file with USCIS.

Unfortunately, the consulate has the discretion to either accept or deny any DCF case.  If they said no, then your only recourse is to file with USCIS and ask for an expedite.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I do not know how it works there but for example in London the Embassy and Consulate are very different areas.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

On 10/4/2023 at 7:59 AM, DraxxDemSclounst said:

Should we go ahead and file our I-130 online at USCIS and get a Case number?

I recommend you try sending your DCF request through your US senator/congressperson first, before filing the I-130 with USCIS.  As mentioned above, once the I-130 is filed with USCIS, DCF will no longer be an option for you.  Also, it's harder to get an expedite for I-130 processing at USCIS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.