Dataunavailable

Congressional inquiry on I-824 for I-130, template response?

27 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Got an email about 30 days after they submitted an inquiry. Got this as part of the response. 

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) confirm your constituent’s case is in line pending. We do not yet have established processing times for this form. In the interest of fairness to all applicants, USCIS generally processes petitions and applications in the order they are received and there are a number of pending cases.

My question is because it is at Potomac, there is no way to check processing times for this form online. Is "in line pending" just template speak to say they received the form? The only information I got from an agent at USCIS was that Potomac is currently working on 824s received in March 2023. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

They seem to take a year. Give or take.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
48 minutes ago, Boiler said:

They seem to take a year. Give or take.

I'm interested in how they will hit these new cycle times by end of FY23. Is this them saying they are aiming to get an I-824 done in three months from time of receipt? 

Screenshot_20230911-121143_Samsung Internet.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Dream on

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
2 hours ago, Mike E said:

Thanks, I'll keep that page for the good information if it comes to that.

Do you have any thoughts on what USCIS verbiage 'in line pending' could mean? Nothing has changed on MyUSCIS online and the only way I can get any updates about the Potomac center is from agents themselves. The vague Congress response and no option for Potomac service center in case tracker, though the USCIS website does say they are working to get all SCs with tracking times "eventually".

I am unable to submit a WoM yet, as I'm not past the 180 days qualifier.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Dataunavailable said:

Do you have any thoughts on what USCIS verbiage 'in line pending' could mean?

It means they are doing nothing. They spent more energy responding to your Congress person than sending the case to NVC.

But they really do not like spending energy defending a WoM.

21 minutes ago, Dataunavailable said:

I'll keep that page for the good information if it comes to that.

I think it has come to that. When do you think it come to that?

Timeline
2 hours ago, Mike E said:

It means they are doing nothing. They spent more energy responding to your Congress person than sending the case to NVC.

But they really do not like spending energy defending a WoM.

I think it has come to that. When do you think it come to that?

Maybe I misinterpreted the information in the link. It can be done anytime or only after 180 days? I'm not at 180 days yet and would not want to waste the $400 fee to process the WoM. But also imo, the I-824 in my specific situation, should never have happened, it either should not have been approved and sent an RFE or it should have been just sent to NVC, as during the adjudication process, they see that her current address on the I-130, is not in the U.S. 

There is nothing on the I-824 that specifies where the beneficiary will interview at, only the address you provide on the form, which is what is on the I-130, and you check to 'send my approved petition to NVC'. Outside of just taking up time and getting more fees, was it an avoidable error, definitely, but this entire process could also be remedied even without an RFE, but by just sending an email or notice through MyUSCIS, that they need clarification from me that I want the petition forwarded to NVC and that can be done by a call to USCIS or email. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Mike E said:

You posted a screen shot saying their SLO is 3 months. Has been 3 or more months?

I'm waiting almost 3 months now, that picture is the goals they want by the end of Sept this year, the cycle time goals. I suppose if I hear nothing after the full 3 months pass, I can submit a WoM and put that screenshot from their own website as grounds of making a decision. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
16 hours ago, Dataunavailable said:

I'm interested in how they will hit these new cycle times by end of FY23. Is this them saying they are aiming to get an I-824 done in three months from time of receipt? 

Screenshot_20230911-121143_Samsung Internet.jpg

that's the Goal/   its not reality

Timeline
1 hour ago, JeanneAdil said:

that's the Goal/   its not reality

Not only that, to get to that goal they would have to reduce the giant backlog of I-824s all the centers currently have. It won't be overnight, but maybe they have been trying to get more staff, I see they always have job fairs at the different service centers and field offices. But I can't imagine many people are knocking the door down to become officers. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
1 hour ago, Dataunavailable said:

Not only that, to get to that goal they would have to reduce the giant backlog of I-824s all the centers currently have

Nah. They only have to hit the go for new cases. They did the same thing for I-130, N-400, etc. Last in, first out

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.